Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Best Nembrini Amp For Clean Telecaster Sound

I have the Cali Dual and the clean is good but I prefer my Vintage Clean app. But maybe there is a better option, I don't know.

Best Nembrini Amp For Clean Telecaster Sound
  1. Best Nembrini amp for clean sound?8 votes
    1. Overdrive Special
        0.00%
    2. Faceman 2
      12.50%
    3. Hivolt
      12.50%
    4. BG Ectasy
      25.00%
    5. 8180 Monster Tube
        0.00%
    6. BST100
        0.00%
    7. Cali Dual
      12.50%
    8. Cali Reverb
      37.50%

Comments

• I also like this kind of tone:

• why no Voice DC30?
    I think its the AC30 based one and should go very well will all sorts of clean tones (or at the edge of break up)

• edited September 2022

And for the clean tone that I like, check out the solo starting at 1:24

• @david_2017 said:
    why no Voice DC30?
    I think its the AC30 based one and should go very well will all sorts of clean tones (or at the edge of break up)

I forgot this one, DOH!

• This is the guitar I use. The single coil is a custum cajun by Godin, the best single coil I have ever heard.

• If you want to get something close to that guy’s sound, you might get some ideas from here:

https://equipboard.com/pros/john-5

In general though, something like a Twin Reverb has been a mainstay of clean Tele sounds for years.

• I like the Sound Master

• Direct in > compressor of choice > 5-band equalizer or similar simple equivalent

Screw amps

• I agree with the Vintage Clean, it’s superb.
    For me the Cali sounds a bit too “sparkly”, almost shrilling. Like it’s over processed.
    The DC30 is a great choice, I always use the vibrato channel. It’s what I used on the video I posted, although I did run some slight dirt pedal into it. One thing that annoys me about the DC30 is I can never get the reverb to work!. I’ve read about a million times and always forget, it’s got some specific path thingy.
    Another vote for SoundMaster. It’s very warm and rounded (did I just say that? 😳). If I recall correctly, this is the one that gets a lot better if you use third party IRs.
    Faceman is superb too. I’d say SoundMaster , Faceman and DC30 (Nembrini) are my picks. + vintage clean, I get overwhelmed with more. Those 4 are more than enough.
    Whatever Nembrini, ALWAYS go to the “rack” panel and turn down the input, to the range of 1-3. It’s always way too high by default. I don’t why they make the presets like that, makes no sense imo.

• For clean and boosted Tele twang like this I’d recommend the Overdrive Special. With my Tele it does this extremely well, much more so than the other amps. I bet it will sound great with that Godin single coil.

The Faceman clean has a little bit of hay and sizzle in it, and I think like it more with humbuckers. In comparison the OD Special is more singing and smoother, perfect for that “compressed boost” tele style. The “Crystal Clean” preset on the Cali Reverb is really nice but more of a rowdy rockabilly clean. For base clean tones I really like the Hivolt (rich rowdy clean), BG Ecstacy (neutral), and Bst100 (dark). But if I think “Tele sound” it’s Overdrive Special for sure. The overdrive “level” and “ratio” knobs are key.

• @tahiche said:

….

Another vote for SoundMaster. It’s very warm and rounded (did I just say that? 😳). If I recall correctly, this is the one that gets a lot better if you use third party IRs.
    ….

I think the consensus is that all of the Nembrini amps benefit substantially from substituting 3rd-party IRs.

• The latest Nembrini offerings are all good and probably worth having. I've posted some clean(ish) tones of all of them recently.
    The Faceman is not very versatile, but sounds great.
    The BG Extasy has a whole range of tones from Fender cleans to modern hi-gain.
    But, my go to (at the moment) is the Overdrive Special.

• While I like the Overdrive Special, I find that it requires more attention than many of their amps to avoid fizziness and needs a third party IR even more than some of the others. I use it a lot but find BG Extasy more versatile and easier to dial in.

• For those looking for high quality IRs, don’t forget the 30% off all OwnHammer IR products through Monday.

https://www.ownhammer.com/store/

• Well, this sounds really good. And it's free. No IAP? Will have to take a look at that later today.