Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Adding a guitar to my setup

So thank you guys for all your help so I got my Launchpad hooked up with my audio Interface. I just ordered a new guitar so what I’m wanting to do is add my guitar and amp to all of this and that way I can use apps like rock drummer….so I’m assuming I need a mixer, is there any kind of way to do this, so do this how would I plug my iPad up to a mixer??? Am I headed in the right direction with this or should i just get am amp with an out or what or would I be better off getting a multieffect pedal for this??? I’m just not sure how to achieve this so this is what I want todo, I want to add my guitar jamming so I can record guitar, synths,and a drum app….im hoping im explaining this well so how would I achieve all this??

Comments

• If you don‘t play live (in a band, jamming with friends) you can just plug in the guitar into your interface.
    Most have an instrument aka hi-z input, often „invisible“ in the center of the mic input.
    Use a guitar amp simulation app (there are many good ones), then mix in the iPad, f.e. AUM does an excellent job in that case.

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

Some details would help.

You said you've hooked up your Launchpad through your audio interface. I assume that's just MIDI going in to the audio interface. So, you should have audio inputs on your interface. What is your audio interface, and how is the launchpad connected to it?

You do not need a mixer if you have any inputs that you can use on your audio interface. You don't need and amp. You don't need stomp boxes. You can get your raw guitar sound into the iPad and use AUM or another host as the mixer. You can run your guitar signal through very good amp simulators and stomp box style FX right on the iPad. You can run apps like Rock Drummer to provide accompaniment right on the iPad.

Of course, if you prefer to use the amp and hardware FX then you can instead use the output from your amp/FX into your audio interface and to the iPad. That might involve mic-ing the amp and sending the microphone output to the audio interface, or it might involve a direct out from your amp if that exists and is workable.

There are lots of ways to skin this cat. You shouldn't go off buying stuff until you thoroughly understand how things fit together.

• Presonus 24c

• wimwim
    edited September 2022

OK, do you don't need anything else other than a guitar cable. You can go straight into the iPad and use amp sims and and FX right there.

If you do want to use your amp and stomp boxes it can get a little more complicated, depending on your rig.

• The OP already has a usable interface and already has it hooked up successfully (for MIDI) to the iPad.