Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

thesoundtestroom video for PreSonus Capture, this could be so much better

PreSonus need to make this a more functional DAW
http://www.thesoundtestroom.com

Comments

• The desktop version doesn't do any more than that either, it's just intended to directly capture wav files from their studiolive board ( or in this case, an interface), with the intention of importing to another daw (or directly to studio one).

• @thesoundtestroom - I agree Doug. I would really like to see Presonus produce a competitor to Cubasis building on this. It's probably not on their development path from this app directly though. (I'm a desktop S1 Pro user on both Mac and Windoze as my primary DAW - but I still haven't stumped up for Capture on iOS ... :-/ )

• @thesoundtestroom said:

PreSonus need to make this a more functional DAW
    http://www.thesoundtestroom.com

Looks like you don't get the purpose of the software... Does every app have to have the kitchen sink too?

• Isn't the purpose of the software mobile, multitrack recording? It doesn't say you need an external interface, but without one you're left to just use the devices microphone. Seems like adding IAA and AB aren't just cosmetic features these days, but really the only way to utilize your devices full recording potential without the need for other hardware.

• I agree @Dubhausdisco that not every app does - no. However, Presonus have a very dynamic app dev team and it would be great to see a good competitor to Cubasis. Auria is great but not competing in the same way. Using this app is good if - like me - you have Studio One on the desktop as well and simply want to record live audio. But the possibilities for Presonus developing a great DAW app for iOS to complement S1 Pro on the desktop are large. I'd like to see it become that. :-)

• Well, that would be cool. But the app was developed for live recording with their studiolive boards so you could record a live show with no setup needed of the recording program other than launching it and pressing record. If you do live sound, you realize the value of this, as something always seems to need attention just as you're setting up your recording program! Maybe they're testing the waters...

I'm heavily invested in auria and love it, so switching daw's at this point doesn't really interest me. But there's always room for good tools.

• If they would just update the app so it could go into the output slot of AudioBus then that would be extremely helpful. I have studio one pro, but I wouldn't pay for the $10 version of this app unless they add AudioBus.