Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Music from LaGuardia - Track using TC-Data and Alchemy Mobile

edited July 2014 in Creations

I recorded this a few weeks ago while waiting for a flight out of New York’s LaGuardia airport. I had headphones on, though it probably looked a bit strange to the people sitting beside me, especially as I was using TC-Data to play the notes.

The synth is Alchemy Mobile (the Purity of the Huldufolk patch from the Iceland sound bank), running through Aufx:Space (the Huge Space preset). I routed it to Audio Mastering and uploaded the file to Dropbox before I boarded the plane.

Just a few years ago, I couldn’t have imagined that this would be possible on a portable device that’s thinner than a book. Somebody pinch me – I must be dreaming. :)

Comments

• Nice sound! I've done some composition work in airports and airplanes too, and it is funny to imagine what your traveling companions must be thinking.

• Maybe it's time for a "Music At Airports" !!

• Airportastudios...

• Nice stuff. I love plane travel for working on things. Always seems to make me focus on the project at hand rather than noodling/wondering. Sometimes something complicated (anything to alleviate the boredom), but my apps of choice when at the gate of at 38 thousand seem to be 'Figure' or 'Gadget' neither of which I use that much when at The Home Station...

• @funjunkie27 If anyone had glanced over, the TC-Data interface would probably have seemed more like a game screen than a musical instrument. Haven't tried it on the plane, where someone might get a closer look and ask about it.

@thepinkelefant I did have Eno's Music for Airports in mind as I was playing. Hard not to be influenced by Eno when doing any kind of ambient music.

@PaulB Airportastudios... sounds like a winning combination. :)

@JohnnyGoodyear TC-Data has really opened it up for me. I can get the same musical experience at home or traveling.

• Yeah...several of the music app interfaces are as likely to be perceived as games, rather than anything else. Still, it is fun to think that some of them might recognize the difference and actually ask about it...and if not, it's fun to have some uninterrupted time to play!

• Beatiful, I love Alchemy!

• I was playing (enthusiastically) on thumbjam flying to Zurich a few months ago and was asked very seriously by someone passing down the aisle 'are you someone?'.

Er. Not in the way you mean, no....

• edited July 2014

Wow, that's very peaceful, great work! I had never heard of tc-data, I'm going to check it out now, It looks interesting.

• @mrufino1 TC-Data works with some synth patches, but not others. It seems to work best with ambient sounds and strings.

Because it allows in-between pitches, not just the usual keyboard notes, you can create subtle effects where you expressively play notes out of tune. Or you can create smooth, sweeping movements that don't have the stair-step increments resulting from the individual notes.