Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

quick question on importing sounds into Alchemy

i thought I could upload a zip of samples(.wav) into Alchemy via (add custom sounds)

it said that it was "extracting" then "moving" then it disappeared... no zip or anything... where did those files go? if they didn't take... I'd hope they're aren't taking space in limbo...

is this only for .camelsound files?

Comments

• Here's the reply from CamelAudio

The Add Custom Sounds function you've been using is primarily to import existing Alchemy desktop libraries in CamelSounds format, with all the presets, samples and any associated files correctly placed in the appropriate folders.

You just want to bring over a bunch of drum samples to incorporate into a new preset, so I suspect you'll be better off using the User option in the Sound Libraries drop-down menu, and then either Edit copy of current presets (if you want your sound to be based on an existing preset, or Create New Preset (using the left-hand drop-down menu now lets you choose different sound templates as the basis for your new preset).

1. Click on the right hand drop-down menu displaying the current sample choice.

2. You'll see four choices in the left hand column

a) Factory (where you can choose samples from the existing libraries in your collection)

b) Dropbox (if you have a Dropbox account you can drop a bunch of WAV or AIFF files in it and then import them to your iOS device).

c) Clipboard

d) iTunes Docs (if you install the free DiskAid utility on your Mac/PC you can then even drag and drop audio files from your Mac/PC directly into the Alchemy app folder!) WARNING - don't use DiskAid unless you're really sure what you're doing, as modifying the wrong files in your iOS device can have well dodgy results ;)

Hope this helps!

• Thanks - I haven't got round to this yet, so nice to see the workflow :)