Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

LaunchControl XL

If you have a LaunchControl XL could you check something for me please.

Factory scene 7 has different messages on the pads from the other Factory scenes.
The top row sends out CC's and the bottom row sends out midi note messages.

Factory scenes 1-6 and scene 8 send out midi note messages from the pads.

These aren't the "User" scenes to be clear and the Factory scenes are not editable.

Comments

• that's what i see here: top row of factory scene 7 sends cc's 0x59-0x60, and the device/mute/solo/arm buttons send cc's 0x39-0x3c. odd...

• @bangzero said:
    that's what i see here: top row of factory scene 7 sends cc's 0x59-0x60, and the device/mute/solo/arm buttons send cc's 0x39-0x3c. odd...

Yeah,..that's what I thought also.

Thank you for confirming this for me.

• @bangzero said:
    that's what i see here: top row of factory scene 7 sends cc's 0x59-0x60, and the device/mute/solo/arm buttons send cc's 0x39-0x3c. odd...

I've emailed Novation tech so I'll most probably hear something by next week.

• Arent 7 and 8 dedicated to ableton?
    I can’t remember, it’s been so long since I’ve touched a factory preset or ableton.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:
    Arent 7 and 8 dedicated to ableton?
    I can’t remember, it’s been so long since I’ve touched a factory preset or ableton.

I have no idea.
    I don't use Ableton and Factory scene 8 is exactly like Factory scenes 1-6.
    I noticed this with my first LC XL which has an issue
    I thought it was to do with that but my backup LC XL arrived today
    and it has the same thing and @bangzero has confirmed it as well.

I have a feeling that it is because it's dedicated to Ableton but
    I'm going to wait until Novation get back me to confirm that.

• docs for LC XL are hard to find. but a web search reveals this page:

https://downloads.novationmusic.com/novation/launch/launch-control-xl-mk1mk2

in the FL Studio guide found there it says:

SETUP IN FL STUDIO
    1. Select Factory Template 7 on your Launch Control XL. To do this hold down the Factory Templates button and press the button numbered 7 on the bottom row then release

• @bangzero said:
    docs for LC XL are hard to find. but a web search reveals this page:

https://downloads.novationmusic.com/novation/launch/launch-control-xl-mk1mk2

in the FL Studio guide found there it says:

SETUP IN FL STUDIO
    1. Select Factory Template 7 on your Launch Control XL. To do this hold down the Factory Templates button and press the button numbered 7 on the bottom row then release

Ahhhh.

Nice one.

So it's not an issue per se.
    Good to know.
    Mystery solved.

Thank you.