Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IOS 15 late to the party - IAA not loading in AUM

HI, i'm very late to the party I know but today I decided to update to IOS 15 on my Ipad pro and now I got a loading fail on several IAA ( only ) were i should load manually the app first, , terminate and reload again.. I tried to look in the forum but is there a fix for this? I mean is annoying to say the least AND I switch the SIRI OFF any of my IAA and still give me the same message.. ( SynthOne-Polyphase-Xynthesizr and others.. just when I was considering upgrading my Ipad.. >:) edit: it loads fine in Audiobus 3 were at least it ask for permissions to open the app

Comments

• @alancodger : are you talking about loading IAA apps into Audiobus3?

Since even before iOS 15, it has been best-practice to launch IAA apps manually. Some apps may now require it that did not used to due to some security features in the OS and new permissions.

Which apps are you having trouble with?

• edited August 2022

@espiegel123 said:
    @alancodger : are you talking about loading IAA apps into Audiobus3?

Since even before iOS 15, it has been best-practice to launch IAA apps manually. Some apps may now require it that did not used to due to some security features in the OS and new permissions.

No loading into AUM

I did not have a single issue so far with IO14with any of my apps apart from some crashes but now is AudioKIt Synth One - Sector - Animoog - Fugue Machine edit: it loads fine in Audiobus 3 were at least it ask for permissions to open the app

• edited August 2022

@alancodger I just tried loading AudioKit SynthOne from Audiobus. Worked with no problem, iPad 6, iPadOS 15.6.1. It believe you need to enable Local Network access for IAA apps, and for Audiobus. You might check that. You may need to open the apps stand-alone in order for them to request access, because the option won't appear in Settings until it has been requested.

Just for reference, what was your previous iOS/iPadOS version?

Edit: Just tried loading AudioKit SynthOne in AUM. Also worked smoothly, no special gyrations required. Also tried Animoog; works fine and it has no special privileges.

• @alancodger said:

@espiegel123 said:

No loading into AUM

I did not have a single issue so far with IO14with any of my apps apart from some crashes but now is AudioKIt Synth One - Sector - Animoog - Fugue Machine edit: it loads fine in Audiobus 3 were at least it ask for permissions to open the app

I know it’s probably redundant but maybe a simple restart.

• IAA apps often have to be started first before adding them to AUM and other hosts. That's been a thing since way before iOS 15. They can also get into states where only a reboot or memory reset will put things right again.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@alancodger said:

@espiegel123 said:

No loading into AUM

I know it’s probably redundant but maybe a simple restart.

Well I did restart twice checking again that all my IAA apps had the SIRI learning and all that OFF, and as far as my experience so far I never had to load an app before AUm as I cannot possibly remember my saved scene, were I stumbled upon a crash that was different, but thanks anyway :) I should learn to NEVER update unless strictly necessary

• @uncledave said:
    @alancodger I just tried loading AudioKit SynthOne from Audiobus. Worked with no problem, iPad 6, iPadOS 15.6.1. It believe you need to enable Local Network access for IAA apps, and for Audiobus. You might check that. You may need to open the apps stand-alone in order for them to request access, because the option won't appear in Settings until it has been requested.

Edit: Just tried loading AudioKit SynthOne in AUM. Also worked smoothly, no special gyrations required. Also tried Animoog; works fine and it has no special privileges.

Thanks but probably this should have been moved to a more general Help or category as I realise it may only apply to AUDIOBUS and not AUM but I always looked in here for any troubleshooting regards AUM

• Lesson 101 for getting IAAs to work somewhat reliably on recent iOS/iPadOS versions.

Launch the IAA app or apps first before trying to make making any connections to them.

This way you'll avoid plenty head-aches and 'IAA Zombies' hogging up memory and causing further connection issues and sooner or later forcing one to reboot the iDevice.

Cheers!

• @alancodger said:

@uncledave said:

Thanks but probably this should have been moved to a more general Help or category as I realise it may only apply to AUDIOBUS and not AUM but I always looked in here for any troubleshooting regards AUM

Please check that Local Network access is enabled for the host app, AUM or Audiobus. I am able to reproduce these types of failure when Local Network is disabled for the host.

Also, you mentioned that your previous iPadOS version was "14". Can you recall the specific version?