Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Live Guitar is on the bus!

edited March 2013 in General App Discussion

Live Guitar is designed to support playing complex chords, arpeggios, and finger-style guitar lines on your iOS device.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/live-guitar/id434828118?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo=4

Comments

• edited March 2013

Hmmm..after update..internal sound of this app just does not work. Speaker icon is marked with X and you can not change it at all !.....MIDI out works though. And I have Synth icon checked...still...no sound :(
    Anyone with a same problem ?

• I'm getting sound through AB, no problems noticed.

• @benetom -- do you have your mute switch toggled on? The icon on screen will mute the strings (to stop them from ringing). If it's not that -- can you let me know the device/ios version? I'll check into that.

This forum thread seems to have popped up at the same time I started one, so we've got two I guess. Here's a link to a video describing the app.

• edited March 2013

NO mute switch on hehe :D I use iPhone 4, IOS 6.0 ( no Jailbroken ! ).
    AT full volume of the iPhone speaker I do hear a sound..but BARELY....If I try another music app, the volume of the sound it is producing is at full !.....so the loudness seems to be a problem in Live Guitar...I reinstalled it twice...once directly over 3G network and once from iTUnes....same problem....the sound at max is like at 5% of its potential. Barely one can hear it....

Also...just found out..it works only if I drive it through ABus....as input. ANd as output is selected Speaker. But if I, let`s say, strum strings with my 3 fingers pressing a chord saved for 3rd position.....the sound of strumming or just hitting individual strings get "chopped" out randomly( the sound of individual string is just cutt off most of the time)....this does not happen if I use 1 chord or 2nd chord with 1 or 2 fingers pressing the chord boxes.

EDIT: even if I press just 2 fingers from chords....the sound is cutting off.....so , for me just open strings and 1 finger chord position works as it should be :(
    Was not like that before update....

• Ahhh--sound is coming out of the ear-piece receiver, not the main speaker. On the iPhone, sound defaults back to the ear-piece on interruptions. We spotted this bug after the app was submitted to Apple, and should be fixed in the next update (we're going to add MIDI in in the next few weeks). Short term solution is either headphones or running through Audiobus. Long term solution is a week or two out with the update.

I think the strumming problem may be with the number of simultaneous touches on the iPhone screen. The iPhone/iPod touch only support 5 touches. Are you strumming with more than one finger (raking across the strings with multiple touches)? If so, then you've got a couple of presses on the fretboard, a few on the strings, which goes over 5, and then the app can't tell what you're touching, or where (hardware limitation). If you strum by only touching one finger as you move across the strings, things should be ok.

The iPad can support up to 11 touches, so there should be no problems with multiple finger touches, travis picking, rolls, and so on.

• edited March 2013

Thanks on info ! I just use 1 finger for strumming and another 2 for chord selection....then the "cuts" happen....just with three fingers touching the screen.

• Hmm -- the iPhone 4 we test on is still at iOS 5.1 (we're keeping that at the older version, so that we can test). My main iOS 6 test devices are an iPhone 4s, 5 and an iPad, and I've got a few beta testers with a variety of devices -- so far, I have not seen anything like what you're describing.

When you switch chords, if the fret for the string changes, the string will be muted (in other words, if you pluck the low E string as open, and then switch to the chord for a G, where the E is fretted at the 3rd), the E will stop ringing. If the chord you switch to keeps the same fretting for a string, that string will keep ringing. For example, if you start from a D (where the 3rd string, the D, is unfretted, xx0232), strum a chord, and then switch to a G, where the D is still unfretted (320003), the D keeps ringing, but the high E is muted (it goes from the 2nd to the 3rd fret).

If this is the sort of thing you're seeing, then it's the intended behavior!