Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Funky toploops with Drambo and Euclidean (update)

edited August 2022 in App Tips and Tricks

Today, i messed around jungle style breakbeats in a random fashion, and was looking for a way to accomplish it. My first thought was to use the Flexi Sampler in Drambo. I tried different methods to randomly trigger slices, but with no succes.
Then an idea came into my mind:
What if i use Euclidean to trigger slices, and wait! I got four channels, so why not using four Flexi Samplers?
After experimenting and tweaking a lot, i came to a housebeat with a funky rhythm, so no jungle, but also a pleasure :)

With this setup, there are lots of possibilities, not only percussion, but other samples also, were you can change parameters inside Flexi with, for example an LFO.

Comments

• Nice idea!
    It's not too difficult to do all this inside Drambo:

Each Euclidean Sequencer goes into MIDI2CVs which are connected to Flexis each.
    The Random module before each Flexi is triggered by the gate from the respective MIDI2CV to trigger random slices.
    The random number is adjusted to match the number of slices you have. 0.125 is an octave in Drambo and it will trigger up to 12 slices, for example.
    Turn the Euclidean "Steps", "Fill" and "Offset" knobs to get lots of variation in trigger rhythm.

• @rs2000
    Thanks for your suggestion :)
    I have replicated your setup with only one Flexi to see the behaviour. You forgot to mention, but i found out, you have to connect the random output to the note input of Flexi? I did this and then it played random slices instead of note C2.
    It is also possible to set the start slice of Flexi to random, where it randomly plays all slices, but with the Random module, you can set the range of slices.
    To compare my solution with your setup, the difference is, that with 4Pockets Euclidean you can sequence different notes with each step in a lane. This makes it not random, but predictable, and that way more cohesive to the listener :)
    To complete your setup to make it all inside Drambo, you have to delete the random module, and add a "note change" for each step in a sequential way.

• Wonderful! Thanks for sharing, looking forward to experimenting! I have been working with Drambo for two years now and must say it has only gotten better and I think this will continue.

Just two cents, but have you tried sequencing drums with Fugue Machine? I can't believe I haven't been doing this far longer! Esp for the Klevgrand apps, makes your percussions very interesting and the way Slammer and Ting work, we can even establish a melody with our percussions.

Just two cents from me.

Sir-Json-Nullandvoid

• I experimented more with this setup:
    This time i used 4 TB303 acid sequence loops in Drambo, chopped up in 32 parts.
    Then i sequenced these chops with Euclidean from 4Pockets, like last time.
    With Euclidean, you have the option for chord detection, and so i added Progressions from 4Pockets to the list.
    I just randomly generated lot of chords in Progressions, and fed it into Euclidean with chord detection on.
    Every sequence of notes in Euclidean get altered after a couple of beats by Progressions, and therefore chances a set of slices in Drambo.