Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

best app synthesizer sound

I use analog and digital hardware synths, now, i I regularly use analog and digital synthesizers, now I have started to make music on ipad in a mobile way, I would like to know which is the synthesizer that has the best sound, not the one that is closest to a musical style. you have to go to known developers korg, moog, roland?

Comments

• I’m liking Viking Synth and Tera Pro. But there are much more!!!

• Animoog, tal-u-no-lx

• Too many to mention. Just play around and find which ones you like the most. If you don't want to buy synths randomly, watch YouTube videos of people demonstrating them first.

• Zeeon is a beautiful-sounding virtual analog synth, probably the closest thing to an analog synth in terms of raw sound quality.

• @Franelectro "Best" sound is too vague a description but I like the sound of Beepstreet's Sunrizer & Zeeon, Harry Gohs Tera Pro, Sugar Bytes Aparillo, Jim Audio Poison 202, & Toneboosters Flowtones & Jonathan Schatz ID700.

The ones already mentioned are great too.

Maybe start by breaking down the synthesis type, VA, FM, Additive, etc. Each type has top shelf synths available on iOS.

• Bleass Alpha is a good all-rounder. Zeeon is an incredible easy VA! Model 15 is a more complex semi-modular VA. Bleass Monolit and Omega for easy FM sounds (and I'm playing with Nambu for more complex FM sounds). That's off the top of my head.

• Synthamster 2.

• hpchpc
    edited June 2023

Deleted

• edited August 2022

@Franelectro said:
    I use analog and digital hardware synths, now, i I regularly use analog and digital synthesizers, now I have started to make music on ipad in a mobile way, I would like to know which is the synthesizer that has the best sound, not the one that is closest to a musical style. you have to go to known developers korg, moog, roland?

I'm very much hardware synth guy too so i have pretty much good idea what you are searching for :-) Regardin me, those are
    synths which can really competite with HW synths in terms of sound quality :

SynthMaster 2 - except of (in my opinion) very messy UI, the sound is big, filter and oscillators are amazing. After Butter Synth will be released (not known when yet), it will beat it with even better sound and much better UI .. but for now, SM2 is top regarding me when it comes to sound.

Zeeon - great oscillators and filters, veery good one too

Sunrizer very close to JP8080 sound, except of few missing features (feedback oscillator, cross modulation)

miRack - this is modular, contains modules which are very faithful reproduction of HW modules and can sound pretty huge fat and "hardware"-like

Moog Model D - except of high resonance (which soudns totally digitally aliased and just bad) it's very close to real thing. Like VERY close

Korg stuff - of course no doubt they did emulation of all those old legends (MS20, Polysix, MonoPolo, M1, Wavestation, Oddysey) pretty great. Especially Oddysey is really great, had HW Korg Oddysey and this SW emulation is like 99% close to real thing.

Arturia iSEM- this is in my opinion wav BEST HW emulation Arturia ever did. Again, had orginal SEMBlance HW module and this emulation is amazingly close. It has exactly that satin sweet filter and oscillators character like real analog HW. VERY great.

Kai Aras synths - Shockwave, Agoniser, Volt - all three VERY "hw" like sound .. huge, fat

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Bleass Alpha is a good all-rounder. Zeeon is an incredible easy VA! Model 15 is a more complex semi-modular VA. Bleass Monolit and Omega for easy FM sounds (and I'm playing with Nambu for more complex FM sounds). That's off the top of my head.

Also if you purchase Gadget 2, you can not only get many top quality mini-synths, most of Korg's synth apps are Gadget-compatible. Gadget isn't necessarily a DAW in the traditional sense, but I've produced many EDM tracks within it. It's definitely an investment, but a great investment indeed.

Or if you're looking for a great wavetable synth, Synthmaster 2 has got you covered. Wanna draw your own wavetables? PolyWave.

• edited August 2022

They’re all great in different ways to my untrained and non-fussy ears, but personally I’ve found LayR to have the richest smoothest well-controlled sound across the whole keyboard range. But it’s a matter of one’s own personal preference and hearing perception really.

Yeah, Sunrizer is also very sweet too.

• Take a look/listen at Waldorf Nave and Nlog Pro. Both are older synths but still very capable. Programmed by my good friend Rolf Wöhrmann, the creator of the Waldorf Iridium.

• @Pierre118 said:

Programmed by my good friend Rolf Wöhrmann, the creator of the Waldorf Iridium.

Really, good friend ???! 😃
    Could you please ask him what will be Waldorf next and next-gen iOS synth ?
    Just kidding… 😉

• @Pierre118 said:
    Take a look/listen at Waldorf Nave and Nlog Pro. Both are older synths but still very capable. Programmed by my good friend Rolf Wöhrmann, the creator of the Waldorf Iridium.

NLog Pro might well be an older synth, but it’s also a relatively new synth too since the recent-ish significant update.

• edited August 2022

It's a matter of taste but IMO:

Zeeon is a fantastic sounding, no-nonsene VA.

TAL u-no-lx is more limited but doesn' t disappoint in the tone department.

Virsyn synths such as Tera Pro and Cube Pro require more digging but are are top quality.

For FM take a look at ID700, Nambu and/or Aparillo.

Korg Odyssei is perhaps my favourite but loses points because no AUv3.

• @Paulo164 said:

@Pierre118 said:

Programmed by my good friend Rolf Wöhrmann, the creator of the Waldorf Iridium.

Really, good friend ???! 😃
    Could you please ask him what will be Waldorf next and next-gen iOS synth ?
    Just kidding… 😉

I could do that, but you already know the answer..... ;)

• Another vote for KORG ODYSSEi

• @israelite said:
    Synthamster 2.

This one?

• @Franelectro said:

Tbh, There are a lot of good ones. There’s also probably going to be a wide range of answers based on peoples personal preferences.

Was there a specific type of synthesizer you were thinking of…

• edited August 2022

All great suggestions above… another consideration, since your newer to iPad, how you will be using it? Standalone, or inside a host or DAW?

Animoog Z sounds incredible, especially with MPE
    Zeeon
    Tal-u-no-lx
    OB-XD
    TB Flowtones

I could name a bunch really…

• @oddSTAR said:

@israelite said:
    Synthamster 2.

This one?

Nope, that’s just a casual hamster. I am talking about tha synth master hamster! 2.

• No love for Shoom!? I have to say for me:

Shoom
    Model 15
    Layr
    Fundamental

Are my forever synths, others come and go, but these are the best for me.

Must say I’m looking for a good granular… maybe quanta 2!?

• Have you tried building one just the way you like it, with Drambo?

• @richardyot said:
    Zeeon is a beautiful-sounding virtual analog synth, probably the closest thing to an analog synth in terms of raw sound quality.

Agreed.

• I mean if you are using sequential, yamaha montage, jupiter x, behringer deepmind, ... looking for the more similar sound to hardware, no complex sound,

• Using inside garageband and cubasis, no other.

• Moog Model 15 to my ears is the most sonically interesting 😍

• @israelite said:
    Synthamster 2.

1,2 and Player... Nice. <3

• Model 15 and Animoog are my top two favorites for good sound and expressive playability. They are both cpu hogs though.

There are others just as good that lack au or mpe or regular maintenance, so I will not name them.

• @RajahP said:

@israelite said:
    Synthamster 2.

1,2 and Player... Nice. <3

I have been using the Synthmaster series for a long time and the sound is wonderful.
    However, I removed them from the main because they have bugs mainly around presets with each update and are not practical.
    The Player that was updated yesterday will also lose all user presets and will not be synced. Also, the current version of Synthmaster 1 seems to lose the desktop preset upgrade every time the app is closed, and every time it starts up, all but the initial presets disappear.

I can't think of an alternative app, but combining some of KORG's synths is powerful. However, it does not support AUV3...