Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Windows VST that can Host VB cable? Does such a thing exist?

So I'm trying to build a Sort of experimental music box in Kushview's Element using Giorgio sancristoforo's Ongaku. Now Ongaku is standalone but you can route standalone instruments to Element via VB Cable. This works perfectly with Ongaku's predecessor Bento, but for some reason I can't make it work now. What I was thinking was to use a different VST host
, for example Vplayer 3, but it doesn't support audio input, only VSTs so my question is... Is there some kind of VST app that does nothing except pump VB CAble audio?

Thanks!

Comments

• I tried vplayer 3 but could not get it to load plug-ins. I think I read somewhere that it only works with 32 bit software. ended up using hosting au on Mac and elements on pc.

• @wag said:
    I tried vplayer 3 but could not get it to load plug-ins. I think I read somewhere that it only works with 32 bit software. ended up using hosting au on Mac and elements on pc.

Elements really seems like the best. Btw I re installed vb cable and now it works!!

• cool, good to know. i have bento and ongaku also though, i haven't had time to get into them yet. aah, even in retirement time remains a precious commodity 🙂.

• @wag said:
    cool, good to know. i have bento and ongaku also though, i haven't had time to get into them yet. aah, even in retirement time remains a precious commodity 🙂.

I read a thing saying time is speeding up, that the arrow of time is just an illusion and all kinds of crazy stuff… but yeah time is precious! They are great synths for stopping time. Trouble is when you stop it all comes rushing back.