Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AB3 "next preset" goes to first

edited August 2022 in Support and Feedback

It used to work fine that binding a footswitch cc to "next preset" proceeded down the preset list, but now that only works on the first preset; when I hit the switch in any other preset I am sent back to the first one. Either I've lost sight of how the global midi learn works or it is malfunctioning.

Comments

• You might want to add some context to this comment. What app are you referring to?

• I haven't got around to programming. My Midi USB footswichts but it seems that it definitely is a programming error. Are you using a specific app to programm? Or are you just doing Midi learn through an app. It could be the switch your using is set to send a Mido message upon release also. So you might need to look into that.

• I just assumed with this being the Audiobus forum my question would be considered to relate to that app if not otherwise specified. I am triggering next preset with a line 6 express mkII, which had no issue doing this up until now.

• @jeffry said:
    I just assumed with this being the Audiobus forum my question would be considered to relate to that app if not otherwise specified. I am triggering next preset with a line 6 express mkII, which had no issue doing this up until now.

Could you please edit the title to include "Audiobus"? This forum has expanded to cover a lot of apps, not even only related to iOS music.

• @jeffry said:
    I just assumed with this being the Audiobus forum my question would be considered to relate to that app if not otherwise specified. I am triggering next preset with a line 6 express mkII, which had no issue doing this up until now.

I just tried this -- I assuming you are triggering Audiobus' 'next preset' -- and it is working fine for me.

What OS are you using?

Has anything changed in your setup since it last worked for you?

Is there any chance that you accidentally have mapped the same CC to more than one thing -- such as recall of the first preset?

What is the trigger you are using? I tried a couple of different CCs and both worked fine. I also was successful with note/toggle

I am using the latest Audiobus 3 under iOS 15.5.

Try creating a new profile and midi learn next preset again and see if that solves the problem.

• @jeffry You could use a MIDI monitor to see what the controller sends on press and on release. It may be that the release message is resetting the preset to zero. You might be able to change the way this works in the controller setup, or in the details of the MIDI mapping.

• [I just tried again re-naming thread as I guess it didn't take the first time].
    I monitored the midi, it is cc 65 putting out 127 when pressed and 0 when released.
    ios 15.6
    No changes in set-up that I can recall.
    New profile doesn't fix it... Thanks

• @jeffry said:
    [I just tried again re-naming thread as I guess it didn't take the first time].
    I monitored the midi, it is cc 65 putting out 127 when pressed and 0 when released.
    ios 15.6

As a test, use another CC. It is working fine when I test it.

So if you send the cc. wait for the preset to load and preset it again, what happens?

Another thing to try is rename your first preset so that it is no longer the first preset.

If that doesn't work, can you screen record the creation of a new profile and midi learning of next preset?

• @jeffry said:
    [I just tried again re-naming thread as I guess it didn't take the first time].
    ios 15.6

When you load a different preset (not the first), you could check whether "next preset" is still connected to your CC. Just do like you want to MIDI Learn again, and it will show the current binding. Since you've configured this globally, it should still appear. But I wonder if some part of the configuration is being lost, maybe toggle vs not toggle.