Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Audiobus 3 not controlling properly.. need some assistance

I want to send arp data from ARPEGGIONOME to Audiokit Synth One. I have no problems doing this directly, sending midi out directly from ARPEGGIONOME. That connection works fine. When I set it up in AudioBus, SynthOne is only getting partial midi data. Not the full arpeggio notes. I seem to bet setting it up correctly in AudioBus, so not sure where things are getting messed up. I'm on an iPad Pro (11 inch) running OS 15.6.

Comments

• @ghadimi said:
    I want to send arp data from ARPEGGIONOME to Audiokit Synth One. I have no problems doing this directly, sending midi out directly from ARPEGGIONOME. That connection works fine. When I set it up in AudioBus, SynthOne is only getting partial midi data. Not the full arpeggio notes. I seem to bet setting it up correctly in AudioBus, so not sure where things are getting messed up. I'm on an iPad Pro (11 inch) running OS 15.6.

Can you post a picture of the setup in Audiobus and Synth One?

• @ghadimi Are you using Arpeggionome as AUv3? It might work better than as IAA.

• @uncledave said:
    @ghadimi Are you using Arpeggionome as AUv3? It might work better than as IAA.

I don't see it show up under the AudioUnits section. Only shows up under Apps.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ghadimi said:

Can you post a picture of the setup in Audiobus and Synth One?

• Maybe this is just a general comment, but what is the advantage of using AudioBus vs. just linking the two apps directly? At this point, I'm not exactly seeing the advantage that AudioBus brings me. I'm recording this all in my DAW, so I'm curious if AudioBus is providing some special extra control that the direct link wouldn't provide.

• @ghadimi said:
    Maybe this is just a general comment, but what is the advantage of using AudioBus vs. just linking the two apps directly? At this point, I'm not exactly seeing the advantage that AudioBus brings me. I'm recording this all in my DAW, so I'm curious if AudioBus is providing some special extra control that the direct link wouldn't provide.

In a situation where you are connecting only two things that can normally be connected together and nothing else, Audiobus doesn't bring you anything. It is odd that it isn't working.

But if you wanted to insert a MIDI fx between the two apps then you would need something like Audiobus. There are a lot of other things that it can bring to the table, too.

• @espiegel123 said:

@ghadimi said:
    Maybe this is just a general comment, but what is the advantage of using AudioBus vs. just linking the two apps directly? At this point, I'm not exactly seeing the advantage that AudioBus brings me. I'm recording this all in my DAW, so I'm curious if AudioBus is providing some special extra control that the direct link wouldn't provide.

In a situation where you are connecting only two things that can normally be connected together and nothing else, Audiobus doesn't bring you anything. It is odd that it isn't working.

But if you wanted to insert a MIDI fx between the two apps then you would need something like Audiobus. There are a lot of other things that it can bring to the table, too.

Understood. Yeah, I think at this point to move things along, I'll just do the direct connect.