Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Using Audioshare with Cubasis 3 Without Duplicating Files

I recently purchased Audioshare and was looking for a way to use it with files in the Cubasis 3 Media Bay without duplicating each file. Even after reading the manuals for each, it appears that you can import/export between them, but:

• You cannot use an Audioshare file in Cubasis 3 without adding a copy to the Media Bay.
  • You cannot access a Cubasis 3 Media Bay file in Audioshare without copying it to Audioshare.

Does this sound accurate? Is there a means to access a file in both apps without needing two copies of the file?

Comments

• wimwim
    edited August 2022

You're correct. Files need to be in Cubasis' media bay to be used. You can do this with the files app if that's more convenient. Or you can long-press the file in Audioshare, then use export/share to copy it to Cubasis.

Fortunately, because of the way the iOS file system works, this will not take up any additional storage on your device. The file system makes a pointer to the original file rather than physically storing it twice. There's a little more detail on this subject here: https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=file_storage

• @wim said:

Fortunately, because of the way the iOS file system works, this will not take up any additional storage on your device. The file system makes a pointer to the original file rather than physically storing it twice. There's a little more detail on this subject here: https://wiki.audiob.us/doku.php?id=file_storage

Thanks for explaining that! My main concern was space since I've got a 32gb iPad, so it's at least good to know every file is not duplicated between apps.

• @captchaclicker said:

@wim said:

Thanks for explaining that! My main concern was space since I've got a 32gb iPad, so it's at least good to know every file is not duplicated between apps.

Something to be aware of is that you will need to delete the files from both places when you want to free up the space.

• Also ... if used in a Cubasis project, space may not be freed up even then as it will be embedded in the project as well.