Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New Path will get AUv3 soon! + A question for the community

Hey everybody,

We have great news: an AUv3 update for New Path is on its way!

The feature is going to be a free update for all current users.

We are also planning to change our pricing for new users. We would like to make the main app cheaper and have the AUv3 feature as an IAP. In that way, we keep the main app accessible, while those who are a bit more serious can update. (for them, the total cost should be around the same as it is now)

Now, maybe you can see our problem: we feel it would be unfair for people who paid the higher price for the main app to also pay for the AUv3 feature. And there's no easy technical way to automatically give all current users the IAP AUv3 feature for free.

The solution we came up with:

• Keep the old pricing for 1 or 2 weeks and have the AUv3 IAP for free during that time. In that way, our current users have time to update.

• Those who missed the boat will always be able to email us (with a screenshot of the purchase date) so we can send you an IAP promo code (which will give you the feature for free).

We think it's the least hassle for everybody like this, but we wanted to check with the community if everybody would be happy with this!

Feel free to let us know in a reply to this topic. We will also post here once the update is out.

Thank you so much everybody for the support since the release, it has been very joyful to read all the positive feedback!

-- The Zooo

Comments

• Brilliant news

• That's a really great way of recognising your early customers and offering something pretty amazing to new ones...👍

• edited August 2022

Awesome. Sounds like a good plan. I’m sure @Toastedghost will be pumped about this too.

• edited August 2022

@Yarck_The_Zooo Will iPad compatibility also be something coming in the future? You can use it on an iPad but it doesn’t fill the screen.

• New Path Link for those interested

New Path - 2D Music Sequencer

• edited August 2022

Ah, I wasn't aware I could tag people. I'll tag a few more people who've been talking about New Path and AUv3 in other threads and who I think are interested in this, feel free to tag anyone if I forget somebody.

@Toastedghost @waka_x @RJB @Svetlovska @Poppadocrock
    @shazbot @senhorlampada @eross @israelite @gusgranite @Morgman73 @willg @barabajagal

• edited August 2022

No worries. Welcome mate, we are happy to have you @Yarck_The_Zooo

You can also DM people if needed. By tapping on your icon at the top then tapping on the envelope button.

Also favorite threads.

• Oh boy, just been away nad left the ipad at home, what brilliant News!
    Looking forward to this, do we have a date for thr IAP? Not seeing it yet?
    Cheers

• Thanks @Poppadocrock and others!
    I'll get back on iPad compatibility.

Hey @Toastedghost ! There's no release date yet, but we'll post here once we have a date.

• @Yarck_The_Zooo Great idea. Thanks for your work.

• @Yarck_The_Zooo said:
    Thanks @Poppadocrock and others!
    I'll get back on iPad compatibility.

Hey @Toastedghost ! There's no release date yet, but we'll post here once we have a date.

Looking forward to it, thanks @Yarck_The_Zooo

• @Yarck_The_Zooo
    for the new update with the auv3:

hello!
    wanted to report that there is no way to activate auv3
    because there is no extension available in the list !:(

there is no option inside the main app
    in the store ... just skins and instruments. no auv3 unlock
    and in the auv3 there is a green button to unlock
    but i push it (several time...)
    and nothing happend ...

thnx

• edited November 2022
  • edited November 2022

-

• edited November 2022

@yack_The_Zooo so how do you unlock then ?

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @yack_The_Zooo so how do you unlock then ?

Indeed, it ain’t in the in-App Store section as far as I can see…

• Hey everybody,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue!

We identified the issue. The actual In-App Purchase item didn't get published at the same time as the app as it was missing some metadata. We fixed the issue and re-submitted the In-App Purchase for review with Apple.

Give it a day and hopefully Apple will have reviewed and made available the option for purchase!

• @Yarck_The_Zooo said:
    Hey everybody,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue!

We identified the issue. The actual In-App Purchase item didn't get published at the same time as the app as it was missing some metadata. We fixed the issue and re-submitted the In-App Purchase for review with Apple.

Give it a day and hopefully Apple will have reviewed and made available the option for purchase!

👍👍🙏

• Seems to have worked for me.

• Now it works!:)

• First attempt to use in Logic on Mac resulted In crashing.

• It was a free upgrade for me so I bought some extra instruments:)

• edited November 2022

Awesome… It’s out, I’m half really excited, about to grab it, half thinking, great… another app moved up high on my wish list which has been adding up real quick. No offense intended, it’s actually a complement.

In no particular order, but my wish list is broken down into 2 sections, Definitely getting, & Maybe’s. This is OT but these are all the definite’s right now. Probably forgetting a few too.

New Path
    Loopmix
    Playbeat 3
    Splat to Clat
    Grand Finale 2
    Pattern Bud
    New Bram x Hainbach collab not out yet.

Anyways, I digress, this new development ie. AUv3 for New Path deserves its own thread, at least I think so…

Congratulations on the Au Treatment @Yarck_The_Zooo excited to see about the iPad compatibility, even though it works on iPad, be awesome if it scaled in size. Cheers! End of ramble, lol.

• edited November 2022

IAP Unlock for AUv3 is FREE until December 11, 2022!

Update- my mistake I thought I read the 11th of December on the App Store but developer confirmed it was December 1 a few posts below.

• edited November 2022

Happy to hear it works!

@BiancaNeve that is very kind :)

@knewspeak I'm afraid we didn't test the AUv3 on macOS. For now, we'll have to turn off the option to run New Path and New Path AUv3 on macOS Apple Silicon.

Here's the official post we wrote about the release:

• Hey guys

The AUv3 update is finally here!

It took a while to finalize everything, but it's out today!

We did lots of testing in AUM, so it all should work.
    Features
    • Almost anything is controllable via a list of parameters
    • All 5 shapes and 4 rules send out midi notes on separate midi channels. It's easy in a host like AUM to route each shape/rule to a different channel with a different synth on it.
    • All 5 shapes and 4 rules send out midi CC on separate midi channels.
    • Saving states in AUM's session and AUM's preset system

As promised, this will be a free update for all who own the New Path app.
    To make that work:
    • Please go to the In-App Store and tap "Audio Unit v3". It will be free until 1 December 2022.
    • After that, we will make New Path cheaper, and the AUv3 feature will cost a bit to balance that out. If you missed the boat, please email a screenshot of: the app store -> account - > purchased, where you can see the date when you ordered New Path (as proof you ordered before 1 December 2022) and we will send you an IAP promo code.

Hope you guys have fun with it!
    The Zooo

• @Yarck_The_Zooo just noticed, the Hirajoshi scale is wrong. In C it’s currently C, E, Gb, G, B but should be C, D, Eb, G, Ab.

Also might be worth moving this topic to general app discussion? I imagine it might get a bit more traction there now that AUV3 is released.

Finally, do you have plans for adaptive resizing eventually?

• I’m not an expert, but according to wiki, the Hirajoshi scale has three versions. We took the Burrows one, I really love how that one sounds.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirajōshi_scale

• About the topic category, yeah thanks, seems like this one is in ‘off-topic’ not sure why. Maybe a mod could move it if he/she thinks it’s okay.
    Otherwise I’ll post about the update there myself.

Adaptive resizing: resizing the AU window should resize the interface with it in AUM, or is that not what you mean?

• @Yarck_The_Zooo said:
    I’m not an expert, but according to wiki, the Hirajoshi scale has three versions. We took the Burrows one, I really love how that one sounds.
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hirajōshi_scale

Ah that’s really interesting, I use the Hirajoshi scale quite a bit but never knew there were different versions!
    Any chance you would consider adding the Kostka & Payne and Speed version? By no means a dealbreaker at all as I can just Aoelian for now.

Regarding resizing, I probably should have used the term adaptive scaling? As in, if you resize the window, New Path’s GUI zooms to fit the size of the window. Might be a tall order but would super useful if it’s feasible.

@CapnWillie I think may be able to move it into the correct section