Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Just had to share this: Apparently this guy’s first movie soundtrack

edited August 2022 in Other

I was tipped to this movie by someone here some months back (@krupa?), and wanted to say: thanks! Finally got round to seeing it all the way through last night (had a friend who was too freaked, for personal reasons, to see it through the first time and we bailed half way). Just had to share for anyone else here who likes intelligent, purposeful Dark Ambient textures:

https://open.spotify.com/album/2QlfNOwQju0nlpdcn4tI7R?si=ZCemYstvTWaDPBnQtZmZgA

It’s a brilliant, unsettling movie, and owes a lot of its’ power to the excellent merging of the diagetic sound design and the actual score by Adam Janota Bzowski, apparently this composers’ first for films. The best thing I’ve found (well, been told about!) since Hildur Guðnadóttir‘s score for Joker

https://open.spotify.com/user/n9wm8duadb0b3knpr3kf2trck/playlist/3tmGW2QN6TYpbvywarsLhu

(Also, I’ll admit it - I always feel at least slightly vindicated when I realise that there are real, proper musicians out there making music not a million miles away from my own rumblings in the dark.)

Comments

• Wow... thanks for both references. I loved Joker's score, but didn't dive into the composer. And will listen to the track for Saint Maud and then dive into Hildur today during work. Need to focus a lot and this will be perfect.

Will probably try to watch Saint Maud later too :wink: