Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Strange Flute (Nambu single instrument jam)

Apologies for the double-post. This is a demo/jam (strange music, this) using a patch that I am working on in Nambu. It has a lot of touch sensitivity built-in via velocity, CC74, aftertouch and pitchbend. Played with a Sensel Morph

Probably not many people's cup of tea -- but hopefully a demonstration of a sort of instrument/patch one can design easily in Nambu that would not be so easy with other iOS synths that I can think of.

For those whom designing an instrument is an integral part of composition, this is a very rewarding synth.

Comments

• It is a fascinating synth, isn't it?

• @NeuM said:
    It is a fascinating synth, isn't it?

It really is. For those that like to lose themselves in sound sculpture it is fantastic.

• Very nice.

• Isn’t that the Billie Holliday tune as covered in Japan?

I’ll be here all week. Tip your server.

• Hi McD,
    Very nice demonstration of your craft!
    And truly impressive product, to boot!!!
    This video is much appreciated.
    Rene

• @espiegel123 said:
    Apologies for the double-post. This is a demo/jam (strange music, this) using a patch that I am working on in Nambu. It has a lot of touch sensitivity built-in via velocity, CC74, aftertouch and pitchbend. Played with a Sensel Morph

Probably not many people's cup of tea -- but hopefully a demonstration of a sort of instrument/patch one can design easily in Nambu that would not be so easy with other iOS synths that I can think of.

For those whom designing an instrument is an integral part of composition, this is a very rewarding synth.

Great stuff Ed - can note off be used as a mod source?

• @espiegel123 : curses! Yo are going to make me want this, aren’t you. Came here straight from raving about a movie soundtrack which in its’s later stages sounds not a million miles away from this. I console myself with the thought that I don’t have a Sensei Morph to make it work…

• @Gavinski said:

>

Great stuff Ed - can note off be used as a mod source?

Thanks. What do mean mod source?

Mod sources are typically things that can send multiple values over time (like cc’s, aftertouch and pitchbend, or gyros) whereas note on/off are single events. The release potion of an envelope is, in a way, a way to make use of Note Off.

How were you wanting to use the Note Off?

Note Off can be used as a trigger for texture envelopes. This is useful adding elements that happen at release time.

• @Svetlovska said:
    @espiegel123 : curses! Yo are going to make me want this, aren’t you. Came here straight from raving about a movie soundtrack which in its’s later stages sounds not a million miles away from this. I console myself with the thought that I don’t have a Sensei Morph to make it work…

Thanks. I won’t mention that it sounds nifty from any velocity-sensitive controller (aftertouch a bonus)

• I have had a few requests for the path used. Here it is:

• Thank you (Ian) much obliged!