Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Midi CC sequencer setting up.

edited August 2022 in Other

In light of the new CC midi sequencer coming soon from a certain developer. Can anyone recommend any decent u tube videos of how to set up a software CC sequencer with a software synth?

Comments

• @wahnfrieden said:
    New..?

Not out yet but coming up… no eta.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    In light of the new CC midi sequencer coming soon from a certain developer. Can anyone recommend any decent u tube videos of how to set up a software CC sequencer with a software synth?

What host?

• @Poppadocrock said:

@wahnfrieden said:
    New..?

Not out yet but coming up… no eta.

src?

• AFAIK, only Polybeat currently does this on iPhone, right?

• edited August 2022

Ali already posted about the app on Facebook so I’m sure it’s ok to talk about it. I’m on the beta but haven’t got a clue how to set it up to be honest ! Spent half a hour yesterday trying to control the mod wheel on Mela 3 using CC1 send from the new app with no joy.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1504577553125121/permalink/3162307027352157/

• @Jumpercollins said:
    Ali already posted about the app on Facebook so I’m sure it’s ok to talk about it. I’m on the beta but haven’t got a clue how to set it up to be honest ! Spent half a hour yesterday trying to control the mod wheel on Mela 3 using CC1 send from the new app with no joy.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1504577553125121/permalink/3162307027352157/

To control the Mod Wheel, you'll need to be coming in through the app's normal MIDI input (keyboard). If you already have a keyboard connected, you will need to merge the CC1 messages with the keyboard stream. This would be easy in AUM or Audiobus.

Are you using AUv3 in a host (which host)? It would be simpler to send a CC to an AUv3 parameter. Doesn't Mela 3 have some super-knobs that can be mapped to control multiple parameters? You could send a CC to one of them, and configure the knob as desired.

• edited August 2022

@uncledave Cheers for coming back. It’s was just a test really with the new app coming from Cem patterns are involved so maybe I’m using it wrong. Was using AUM as a host. The mod wheel on CC1 seemed the most logical place to start. Probably our be best wait till the app actually out as I’m sure a ton of people will be asking the same question how to use it.

• @Jumpercollins said:
    @uncledave Cheers for coming back. It’s was just a test really with the new app coming from Cem patterns are involved so maybe I’m using it wrong. Was using AUM as a host. The mod wheel on CC1 seemed the most logical place to start. Probably our be best wait till the app actually out as I’m sure a ton of people will be asking the same question how to use it.

In AUM, you should just be able to route the sequencer output to Mela 3 in the routing matrix, no mapping, etc. Be sure to use the MIDI channel that Mela 3 is configured for. The screen Mod Wheel may not appear to move, but the effect should be there.

• While the app can be used for modulation I’m pretty sure it’s more geared towards changing patterns in other apps. I think some of the kinks are still being worked out.