Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Moog Matriarch Stupid Deal of the Day, $500 Off (Aug. 16)

edited August 2022 in Hardware

I often follow this daily deal; I've picked up some good microphones, a mixer and even a G&L Tele copy. But this seems like quite a deal. I noodled around on one in a Guitar Center ages ago, and it's the one piece of hardware I played that made me say, Wow. I simply don't have the room for something like this, which is a relief because it would require a lot of mental gymnastics to justify spending $1700.

https://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupid

Comments

• Have one and love it! It was a bit of a crazy pandemic purchase but I’m happy that I took the leap. If anyone has questions about it, ask away!

• Man, I'd love to have a real Moog... any Moog. But software emulations being so fantastic these days, it would be a purely ornamental investment on my part since the end result is what matters to me.

• Damn, if I had the funds

• @NeuM said:
    Man, I'd love to have a real Moog... any Moog. But software emulations being so fantastic these days, it would be a purely ornamental investment on my part since the end result is what matters to me.

Software sounds incredibly good but I’m very happy with my Grandmother, Sound Studio 3 set and Lyra-8. There are certain parts/thing that is just nicer in hardware. The hands on control and frequency modulation to name just a few. I’m on holiday in the U.S.A. and last Friday I went to visit the Moog Music Factory (and store) in Asheville. Played with the MakeNoise O-Coast (MakeNoise is from Asheville too) and invested in that to add a tiny bit of Buchla to my setup.

• @Bietfriek said:

@NeuM said:
    Man, I'd love to have a real Moog... any Moog. But software emulations being so fantastic these days, it would be a purely ornamental investment on my part since the end result is what matters to me.

Software sounds incredibly good but I’m very happy with my Grandmother, Sound Studio 3 set and Lyra-8. There are certain parts/thing that is just nicer in hardware. The hands on control and frequency modulation to name just a few. I’m on holiday in the U.S.A. and last Friday I went to visit the Moog Music Factory (and store) in Asheville. Played with the MakeNoise O-Coast (MakeNoise is from Asheville too) and invested in that to add a tiny bit of Buchla to my setup.

I appreciate the build quality and brand name Moog brings to the table, especially since I’ve used their synths in the past. For my production process, they’re not an investment I could justify. There are plenty of people who feel otherwise.

• Well, it’s not specifically about Moog. They even seem more expensive but the company is also employee owned, the synths are produced in Asheville instead of some facility in China. I also like the hands on control instead of first having to assign several knobs to controllers. I also like to work without a screen in front of me.

• I paid $1800 for mine. This is a good deal.

• edited August 2022

Would totally jump on this if I didn’t have a Take 5. I love that little baby. Just realized it’s almost been a year already and I still don’t have an inkling of new hardware itch. Nothing’s better than feeling satisfied.

• I love mine. Just stumbled upon this today; really lovely set of "poly" sounds.

• @Will said:
    I love mine. Just stumbled upon this today; really lovely set of "poly" sounds.

I agree. I'm still not an expert but the patches look very well thought out.

• @oat_phipps said:
    Would totally jump on this if I didn’t have a Take 5. I love that little baby. Just realized it’s almost been a year already and I still don’t have an inkling of new hardware itch. Nothing’s better than feeling satisfied.

Glad to hear that about the Take 5. I've been curious.

• @oat_phipps said:

I can just imagine 🤩

• Any iPad emulations for this synth?