Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Neon Audio Editor: Options for setting sample rate and bit depth ?

The editor is great but apart from mono/stereo, I cannot find how to set the recording and file format parameters. So is it possible to set or convert the sample rate in Neon ? In the same way I am looking for a way to set or convert the birth depth (16, 24, 32bit) of a wav file.

Comments

• I've sent of an e-mail to Paul with requests for these among many other things...

I forgot a few but will add them if/when he replies.

For the Convert to Mono option I'd love to see an option to Keep Left, Keep Right in addition to the existing 'Mix'.
    Another is 'Delete Selection' (Currently we can 'silence' a selection but not remove/delete it?!)

Optional Snap to Zero Crossing when making a selection to avoid/reduce clicks
    (Suggestion was to add this as an option to the 'Select' menu where wen could enable/disable this feature on the fly).

And well, change the ruler format to 'samples' and when creation a new file set it's length in 'samples'.
    This since Neon has a good pen-tool so it would be a waste of functionality not to allow usage to drawing single-cycle waves.

On iOS we have very few apps (BM3 and Auditor being two) where we can add/edit loop meta-data to a *.wav file.

Neon also has good pitch detection so combining all the above would make it a very hand tool to create instrument samples.

But yeah, lets keep our fingers crossed that at least some of the features will make it to a future update :sunglasses:

Cheers!

• To delete a portion (instead of just silence it) the workaround I have found is to “cut” it.

• @Paulo164 said:
    To delete a portion (instead of just silence it) the workaround I have found is to “cut” it.

But that will replace the content in the clip-board...
    ...but sure, I guess for now I can just re-select what I previously copied.

Maybe I'm just too used to using the other audio editors on iOS that I take certain things for granted...

• Guess I've bumped into Neon's '16-bit limit' when sampling Moog Model D in AUM...
    ...It 'clips' when the signal gets 'hot' (it peaks at -6db on the Neon built-in meters) while AUMs internal recording to 16/24/32-bit file works perfectly fine without clipping...

Workaround is to long-tap on the play button and reduce the input volume in Neon.

I give up, no more replies or posts about Neon from now on...

• @Samu said:
    Guess I've bumped into Neon's '16-bit limit' when sampling Moog Model D in AUM...
    ...It 'clips' when the signal gets 'hot' (it peaks at -6db on the Neon built-in meters) while AUMs internal recording to 16/24/32-bit file works perfectly fine without clipping...

Workaround is to long-tap on the play button and reduce the input volume in Neon.

I give up, no more replies or posts about Neon from now on...

Never give up! ;)

• I’m not familiar with the options within Living Memory’s Auditor but with that said I really dig Neon. I especially like the AU functionality in standalone mode that allows you to create chains of up to three slots with third party fx. These chains can be applied to a selection of the waveform and saved!

Only things I would like to see added (or have overlooked) are :

• The option to save a selection from the loaded audio file without the need to first have the selection cropped.
    • The option to cut/delete a selected part.
    • A quicker/designated knob to open up AU FX slots (and perhaps even more slots).