Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

NEW APP: CARAMEL by Holderness Media | Available NOW!

Very good, I like it

EDIT by Sebastian: Get it here: http://caramelfxapp.com/download

Comments

• edited July 2014

Nice, looks (sounds) like another good one!

• Cool. This is not out yet?

I know the Holderness stuff is very popular, but the only one I have is Swoopster, and it has some cool sounds, but I also find it very touchy to use. A bitcrusher/distortion effect would be more useful. Their stuff isn't expensive, but $5 (sometimes $3), it's a tough sell if I already have effects that do that.

Fortunately (or unfortunately), I got SquashIt for 99 cents and it hasn't worked through IAA once for me yet. I assume a Crusher is a bit-crusher, but what is a "Cruncher"? Overdrive?

• Another instant buy.And thanks for a slightly darker interface ;-)

• Yep, it does look good. Midi learn may be the deciding factor if the sound is right.

• Unusual name for a crunch and crusher effect. Was Toffee already taken?

• @Crabman said:

Another instant buy. And thanks for a slightly darker interface ;-)

^ that

• Is there a link? Searching the App Store gets me everything but...

• Not out yet...

• Caramel is not out yet but it has been submitted to Apple so it should go into review early next week.

• Nice. Yeah, I'm a guitar player originally so despite anything skeptical I said above, you can never have too many distortions :) Looking forward to this one - having both AB and IAA is nice too.

• And you literally can't have too many stereo distortions on iOS. Looking forward!

• ..If you ever make a Drum-Crunching app, you could name it Tapioca!

• @NoiseHorse said:

..If you ever make a Drum-Crunching app, you could name it Tapioca!

Might be a bit sticky?

• I'm getting hungry...

• @NoiseHorse said:

..If you ever make a Drum-Crunching app, you could name it Tapioca!

Haha, nice one!

Caramel actually is a drum-crunching app, it's particularly great on drums, bass and synth but also guitar and vocals. I'll be posting some more demos in the next few days with solo tracks processed with Caramel.

I made the song in this video by processing each track with Caramel in different ways, some tracks are pretty heavily distorted while others just have a little dirt, but they all went through Caramel into Auria via Audiobus. No other processing or EQ was done, besides the lead synth melody which just has a little ambience added by Crystalline.
    All the synth sounds and bass are just my Arturia Microbrute into Caramel, and the drums are Funkbox into Caramel. I also added a little extra snare rolls in the right channel from the Korg Volca Beats, and the choir sound is SoundPrism into Caramel.

• edited July 2014

the drums are Funkbox into Caramel

Precisely the first thing I'll do when I download Caramel.

• edited July 2014

Here's a new video demonstrating Caramel processing FunkBox and DM1.

Launch on Thursday, July 24th! Get notified!

• Duly noted!

• I believe you just made a sale with that video. I also believe I will not be the only person saying that.

• @mrufino1 said:

I believe you just made a sale with that video. I also believe I will not be the only person saying that.

Thank you, I try to make my sound demos as clear as possible so people know what to expect before buying, so hopefully I'm doing something right!

• edited July 2014

Sounds lovely! Sounds like you absolutely nailed a sweet bitcrusher sound at the end of the vid, I wanned to hear more :(. I'm really liking the ability to process left and right channels independently with the big XY UI in all the Holderness effects apps, can definitely make your head spin. :)

• I have all of your other apps, so I already knew I'd buy it, but the video made that an instant buy.

• Sold about 15 sec in, when u unbypassed

• @mrufino1 said:

I have all of your other apps, so I already knew I'd buy it, but the video made that an instant buy.

^

• That is absolutely some demonic drum crunching going on in that "Beats?" Video! Thanks for whipping up a new app that will make all my Drum apps sound brand-new! Good stuff Man.

• What's wrong with you people? Distorted drums? Hell no. Distorted guitar would be a definite yes. Most of that last video sounded like a blown speaker. On the one hand I'm actually serious, because I do hate the sound, but on the other hand I feel like I should insert a smiley face somewhere. I realize that I'm in the minority here. I plan to buy the app for guitar, but there's no way I'm running drums through it unless I can tweak it into something better than what I heard.

• Watch as I pour hot sticky Caramel all over Rebirth, slap it in the oven for further baking so it comes out all crispy
    http://www.thesoundtestroom.com

• To everyone who is enjoying the demos, thanks! Caramel will be out tomorrow, July 24th.

@Janie - Hehe, not a fan of distorted drums eh?
    If you are looking mostly for traditional distorted rock guitar sounds, Caramel might not be the right effect for you, you might prefer one of the several excellent amp modeling suites out there like Yonac's new ToneStack, Jamup, Bias, Ampkit, etc.

Caramel sounds cool on guitar and even vocals, but it's not an amp modeler or distortion pedal emulation. Caramel's vibe is much more "sampling breaks into an overdriven input on an Akai s612" than it is "Eddie Van Halen playing eruption".

When used subtly, you can add just a little bit of extra punch and bottom end to drums or bass, or a submix. This is something that is difficult to demonstrate in a YouTube video simply because it's a subtle technique that is more for mixing than a distinct effect.
    I highly recommend people try using it this way, with just a tiny bit of "Crunch" and "Girth" to fatten things up a bit.

On the more extreme side, just think of this. :)

• An excellent place to start for a more subtle feel is the DAT PUNCH preset go to TWEAK and back of the SIZZLE to around 19.4

• mmpmmp
    edited July 2014

There's no accounting for taste of course, but I'm with Janie on this one. But then again, I'm not into beats/dance/hip hop (or even van Halen style guitar) at all ;-)

With subtle and judicious use one probably can fatten up the drums' punch but there probably are other ways to do that as well...
    Not for me, this, I'm afraid...