Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Blackened Eyes (Remix of NiN - Last)

edited March 2013 in Creations

Here it is:

First time I've ever attempted a remix like this. I was trying to teach myself what a DJ does.. I think I failed horribly at that.. But all and all not a bad remix I think. lol

Did this all on iPad. Made the samples with BeatMaker2. I removed the drums completely and made my own using @DerekBuddemeyer 's StudioPop Kit. Added a bunch of steam and machinery effects. Completely rearranged the music.. Lyrics appear in the original order for the most part but timing has changed. Added Fx and compression.

I used Audiobus (open through the whole process), BeatMaker2 , FL Studio mobile, Molten, Ampkit, Meteor and Remaster.

The nine inch nails samples were taken from rock band. You can grab them and many more here: http://www.ninremixes.com/multitracks.php I'd love to hear your version of this!

If you want to listen to the original for comparisons sake then here's the original on youtube:

Hope you like it :-)

Comments

• edited March 2013

I'm intrigued as to why you think you've failed to teach yourself what a DJ does. Obviously, remixing is only one of a range of skills required for DJing, a back room skill rather than live performance, and our fellow DJs here have yet to offer opinions, but this sounds successfully and musically remixed to me.

Oh, and BTW, big respect to anyone prepared to challenge their preconceptions.

• @PaulB thanks man, I'm trying.

Well I just felt like I started out saying to myself "I'm going to DJ the hell out of this" then when I sat down to get to it I didn't know where to start. So yeah I think I did fail in being a DJ and just succeeded in being a producer. lol

Now that you mention it though, it did give me a window on what i could do in a live situation with what I've done already. I did do the drum line and the steam and machinery effects live.. but editing,adding and removing effects, mute/solo on tracks, adding instruments are all things i could do to this easily in a live situation. So at best I guess i could say I'm getting closer. Yes?

• I really like it. I don't think you've failed at all...

• @Ryan Definitely. Like any skill set, it takes time and experience.

• @Sebastian Thanks man! :-)

@PaulB Yeah :-) I sure did learn my way around BM2. I really like it, it's good at what it does. I think I used something like 28 tracks in this remix.. not sure if BM2 even has a limit. Pretty sweet.

• I am going to agree with you Ryan. You did a fine job of producing/remixing, but not so great at "DJing the hell out of this". Still a lot of guitar and vocals and it did not make me want to shake my rump.

• edited March 2013

@MrNezumi It might help Ryan if you explain what "DJing the hell out of this" ought to sound like and why a lot of guitar and vocals is a no no.

In the interests of promoting steak related trembling, that is...

• I would think I'd be able to DJ any style of music and not just dance. I wish each genre called DJ a different thing so it wasn't confusing lol After all this I was just trying to be an 80's rap DJ and failed to scratch any records at all :-(

• In classical circles they're called rearrangements and medleys.

• A DJ is some one who plays discs (sidestepping mp3s for now). The guy at the local Classic Rock station spinning Led Zep and VanHalen is a DJ. The guy or gal at the club or rave spinning DubStep or House or whatever is a DJ. I've never heard of a Classic Rock radio DJ remixing a song before so I guess I was expecting something different. I don't have anything against guitars, I have five of them. I like vocals too. I think Ryan did a fine job of revamping the song. Well done. Maybe the guy at the Classic Rock station will DJ the hell out of it. (Insert some kind of emoji/emoticon here to show I'm not trying to be a complete jerk here).

I don't post often here, or anywhere, because I have a six-month old baby. Completing a thought is a luxury I don't get often and being able to type it out would be a miracle. Sorry if I come off wrong.

• Def wouldn't consider that failing, at minimum you further advanced your musical knowledge and abilities, and major props for being open-minded and challenging yourself to change your original assumptions

• That's cool....really cool!!

• Thanks guys. :-)

• I must admit to having never knowingly listened to NIN until last night. Spent a few hours listening to a lot of the tunes on you tube and the various links to people and bands associated with them.
    Listened to your mix again after and it sounds very well done! :-)

• @Nu2moro That's awesome! Did I spark your interest to check them out or was it just a coincedence? Either way I'm glad you did. And thanks! Glad you liked it. :-))

• Ryan your mix sparked the interest as although I like most styles of music the industrial/techno/guitar is the thing that interests me the most.
    I would be very pleased if I had done that mix ;-)

• Sweet! Thanks man. :-))