Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Up close with Ozric Tentacles

Comments

• This week I was blessed to be only a few feet away from Ed Wynne at an Ozrics gig. Favourite band above all else! 😍🤩

Gong were supporting, and what a fine evening of psychedelic spacerock it was! 🤪 Fantastic!

• Bet it was good.. Must admit after you introduced me to them in April I’ve listened to quite a lot of their stuff and enjoyed everything I’ve heard 👍

• @GeoTony said:
    Bet it was good.. Must admit after you introduced me to them in April I’ve listened to quite a lot of their stuff and enjoyed everything I’ve heard 👍

Glad you've been getting to know them 😎

• Wow, I don’t think I’ve seen them since 1991! If they’re touring I’d better rectify that!

• edited August 2022

• Saw them at an open air festival in the Netherlands, a long while ago. The energy was flowing and the roof went off (even without a roof).

• @Spidericemidas said:
    This week I was blessed to be only a few feet away from Ed Wynne at an Ozrics gig. Favourite band above all else! 😍🤩

Gong were supporting, and what a fine evening of psychedelic spacerock it was! 🤪 Fantastic!

Holy smokes--what amazing shots! At that range, did they yell at you to get off the stage?! :lol:

• @oddSTAR said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    This week I was blessed to be only a few feet away from Ed Wynne at an Ozrics gig. Favourite band above all else! 😍🤩

Holy smokes--what amazing shots! At that range, did they yell at you to get off the stage?! :lol:

Lol no. I was at that range from start to finish. I was chuffed to bits to get a smile and a nod from Ed at the beginning. He was literally within arms' reach near my feet setting up his guitar pedal board underneath his synth stand. I've got a shot of him setting things up under there. No roadies to speak of. They set everything up themselves after Gong had finished.

It was a small venue. Just a big tent. More like just hanging around with them jamming in their studio or living room.

The girl in the pics operating the Analog Systems unit also played flute for them. She must have been pretty new to things. I was so close I could see and read her reminder notes stuck on the floor in front of her. She had musical note sequences scribbled down in a format like Ab G# C D F kind of thing and a set list. Lol. Bless her!

• Ahhh another fellow erpling!
    Lovely shots of Ed...
    🔊🌀🕉🍄

• wimwim
    edited August 2022

• Wow. I had no idea.
    Another “how could I not know about this” moment.
    Listening to “Technicians of the Sacred” and on track 7 (killer.)
    I hear some Porcupine Tree in there.
    Thanks to iOS and exposure to a plethora of apps/sounds that I knew little or nothing about before I actually understand what they’re doing, sort of.
    Thanks for this!

• Dude. How cool is that to get up close and personal with a favorite band? Pretty cool.

• One of the best!@ Hails

• Very cool @Spidericemidas - loved to have been there.

• I’m a fan of Gong and Ozrics aswell. I wasn’t able to go a December gig in Cambridge due to covid. I hope I get to see them again. They never stop gigging. It’s pretty amazing

I recently looked into another band from way back that played with Ozrics called Ear Static and found out they (he) had gone 100 eurorack to gig. More tecno/dance than space rock

• Cool, met Ed years ago. He turned me onto the Boss ME-5.

• edited August 2022

First time I saw ozrics was about 34 years ago. I followed a girl(and her pocket rat) who I had my first ever crush on, to my first festival, maybe outside Cambridge. Her parents only allowed her to go if we were together, as we were only 15/16. As soon as I got there I realised she was in love with an older psychabilly who I met while he was sucking/siphoning/stealing diesel from a lorry at a lay-by. Broken hearted, a stranger taught me how to shit in the woods with a spade, and looked after me on my first blotter. In that I discovered culture shock, half of hawkwind and the ozrics play live. This started my journey of learning all about love, and the freedom of letting be, in empathy to possess a taste of joy, of another’s happiness who’s hand we reflect, in moments fleeting.

My only regrets are that the traveller culture was then systemic outlawed and violently broken up by Maggie and subsequent governments (inc. the current one with the new policing bill).

Thanks for the pics.. pax.

• @Richtowns said:
    I’m a fan of Gong and Ozrics aswell. I wasn’t able to go a December gig in Cambridge due to covid. I hope I get to see them again. They never stop gigging. It’s pretty amazing

I recently looked into another band from way back that played with Ozrics called Ear Static and found out they (he) had gone 100 eurorack to gig. More tecno/dance than space rock

Yeah Eat Static branched off from Ozrics. Got a couple of their albums, I think Implant and Abduction. Really good stuff too.

Gong were amazing. Proper psychedelic. That kind of stuff always sounds and works much better live.

• @jollyDodger
    Sounds familiar
    Free festivals until
    90 then split to eu
    Big love all
    💚🕉🔊

• @jollyDodger said:
    First time I saw ozrics was about 34 years ago. I followed a girl(and her pocket rat) who I had my first ever crush on, to my first festival, maybe outside Cambridge. Her parents only allowed her to go if we were together, as we were only 15/16. As soon as I got there I realised she was in love with an older psychabilly who I met while he was sucking/siphoning/stealing diesel from a lorry at a lay-by. Broken hearted, a stranger taught me how to shit in the woods with a spade, and looked after me on my first blotter. In that I discovered culture shock, half of hawkwind and the ozrics play live. This started my journey of learning all about love, and the freedom of letting be, in empathy to possess a taste of joy, of another’s happiness who’s hand we reflect, in moments fleeting.

My only regrets are that the traveller culture was then systemic outlawed and violently broken up by Maggie and subsequent governments (inc. the current one with the new policing bill).

Thanks for the pics.. pax.

Great story and sentiments, thanks. That sounds like it might have been what was called the Strawberry Fair in Cambridge, perhaps? 34 years ago I was probably there too!

• @id_23 said:
    Ahhh another fellow erpling!
    Lovely shots of Ed...
    🔊🌀🕉🍄

Thanks. I was trying to be as quick and discreet as possible with the shots. And obviously had the flash turned off. At that close range, it could be quite distracting and annoying to the performer having a camera constantly shoved in their face.

• @Ben said:
    Wow. I had no idea.
    Another “how could I not know about this” moment.
    Listening to “Technicians of the Sacred” and on track 7 (killer.)
    I hear some Porcupine Tree in there.
    Thanks to iOS and exposure to a plethora of apps/sounds that I knew little or nothing about before I actually understand what they’re doing, sort of.
    Thanks for this!

Yeah I only came across the ad a few weeks beforehand. Since it was so local, only about 30 mins away, I jumped at it straight away.

"The High Pass" would be my favourite track on Technicians of the Sacred. That one really kicks!

• @NeuM said:
    Dude. How cool is that to get up close and personal with a favorite band? Pretty cool.

Especially when you've followed them for 32 years and have listened intently to their music and sound designs trying to figure it out! They've always been quite the enigma to me.

• Heh. I had that on pre-order ready for its release date not long ago. With Ed and Ozrics stuff, it's just instabuy for me. No need to check first. I already know I will love every single track. 😄

• Ed is the best! Great solo Lp! ozric
    c with a lil twist.

• @oceansinspace said:
    One of the best!@ Hails

I was first introduced to them around 1990 while out in the local fields having a 'picnic' with mates. Someone had one of those large portable cassette players from the 80s and was playing Pungent Effulgent on it.
    At the time, I was amazed at what I was hearing, had never heard anything like it before, but I couldn't be totally sure if that was really how it sounded - due to 'something' I'd ingested about half an hour beforehand which I thought might have been having an influence on my senses and perception of it! 😅

When I got hold of a copy shortly after, I was amazed and surprised that it did really sound like that, and it had had nothing to do with what I had ingested on the first listen. LOL.

• Love the Ozrics! Great live band! Also, really like how loyal they are to their instruments. Same gear all the time…

• @Crawlingwind said:
    Love the Ozrics! Great live band! Also, really like how loyal they are to their instruments. Same gear all the time…

Yeah. They clearly love the Novation Supernova II.
    I need to check out the specs on those and find out what is so special about them.
    I was close enough to notice Ed's Supernova was in need of some dusting! 😄

• A few months after seeing them the last time, a SNII popped up for sale locally. I snagged it immediately. It truly is a great instrument. For its time, you could not find better.

@Spidericemidas said:

@Crawlingwind said:
    Love the Ozrics! Great live band! Also, really like how loyal they are to their instruments. Same gear all the time…

Yeah. They clearly love the Novation Supernova II.
    I need to check out the specs on those and find out what is so special about them.
    I was close enough to notice Ed's Supernova was in need of some dusting! 😄