Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

New IK Multimedia App (mac/pc/iOS/IpadOS) - Amplitube TONEX

Comments

• @mtenk said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Since Tonebridge came up in this convo. I thought I would do an ultra quick comparison of a preset in each. One of these samples is Tonex and one is Tonebridge -- normalized so that volume is the same -- fed from the same guitar and performance. Both are with the unmodified Hot For Teacher preset that come with the respective sims.

Well, they sound completely different. Neither one sounds like the tone from Hot For Teacher though. Lol

Agreed … not that I could ever sound even vaguely like EVH even playing on his rig.

• It’s sad Flo is no longer on the forum to provide his expert input, but hopefully Sir @JoyceRoadStudios will arrive shortly to provide and incredibly deep and thoughtful examination of this new piece of gear!

• @SNystrom said:
    It’s sad Flo is no longer on the forum to provide his expert input, but hopefully Sir @JoyceRoadStudios will arrive shortly to provide and incredibly deep and thoughtful examination of this new piece of gear!

Yep, he is the voice I pay most attention to when it comes to this kind of thing.

Flo will likely demo this on his YT channel I'd imagine, even if he no longer pops in here?

• I have TONEX Max on desktop. This bundle includes an iOS version so I have the same on my iPhone/ iPad without any additional money.

I think TONEX sounds very good! SE-version is good enough because it allow you to download endless range of profiles from ToneNET. It has 3,748 Tone Models now but new models adds every hour. So it looks like not so expansive - amp profiles within TH-U costs a lot more.

• @Gavinski said:

@SNystrom said:
    It’s sad Flo is no longer on the forum to provide his expert input, but hopefully Sir @JoyceRoadStudios will arrive shortly to provide and incredibly deep and thoughtful examination of this new piece of gear!

Yep, he is the voice I pay most attention to when it comes to this kind of thing.

Flo will likely demo this on his YT channel I'd imagine, even if he no longer pops in here?

I should have some time this week to take a look and make some comparisons. I don’t expect it to sound any better or worse than what’s already out there, but being able to capture and share your own personal amp or pedal seems like the main draw. We shall see…

• I find it sounds good, but Tonex has pick response attack the others do not have that is more like a real amp. I don’t find that same response with the others , all of which I own for years now.

• @JoyceRoadStudios said:
    I don’t expect it to sound any better or worse than what’s already out there, but being able to capture and share >your own personal amp or pedal seems like the main draw. We shall see…

I am finding it pretty incredible so far. Enough that I want to buy the Tonex Capture now…

Today I just did a rough comparison with my Deluxe Reverb and it’s spot on.

• Is that guitar the Luke with EMG’s?

• Here is the "pushed clean" fender twin setting that comes with the free Tonex download:

• edited November 2022

@MAtrixplan no biggie, but when you get a chance might want to remove the “soon” from thread title so anyone scanning threads knows it’s been released. Cheers!

• @SNystrom said:

Lol. I was about to post where’s flo when you need ‘em, as a half joke. I believe flo26 is still active on YouTube.

• I said Flo’s name three times, and look what appeared:

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @MAtrixplan no biggie, but when you get a chance might want to remove the “soon” from thread title so anyone scanning threads knows it’s been released. Cheers!

they teased so early and now I can't change it. Maybe @Michael could help?

• @espiegel123 said:
    Here is the "pushed clean" fender twin setting that comes with the free Tonex download:

Nice. 👍

But that is Deluxe not Twin. 😉

• @BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:
    Here is the "pushed clean" fender twin setting that comes with the free Tonex download:

Nice. 👍

But that is Deluxe not Twin. 😉

Oops!

• @espiegel123 said:
    Here is the "pushed clean" fender deluxe reverb setting that comes with the free Tonex download:

• edited November 2022

How heavy is this fully expanded? Size wise

• Hmm it looks pretty good. I’ll have to break out my guitar and try out the free stuff

• @ninobeatz said:

The clean install is 378 MB. All the upgrades are IAPs, so I'd guess there are no additional downloads.

• @ninobeatz said:

"There's that word again, 'heavy'... Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?"
    —Doc Brown

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

• @NeuM said:

@ninobeatz said:

"There's that word again, 'heavy'... Why are things so heavy in the future? Is there a problem with the Earth's gravitational pull?"
    —Doc Brown

(Sorry, I couldn't resist.)

🤣😂🤣😂

• It's kind of unclear exactly what you get with the giant packages. It doesn't seem bad to shell out $19.99 for the "clean" package, for instance, which has 35 "clean tone" models. (Or the Metal or the Lead or Drive packages.)

But I'm still not sure what I'm buying and if it's any better than Tonestack. I would finally get the JC 120 emulation I've been hunting though....

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It's kind of unclear exactly what you get with the giant packages. It doesn't seem bad to shell out $19.99 for the "clean" package, for instance, which has 35 "clean tone" models. (Or the Metal or the Lead or Drive packages.)

But I'm still not sure what I'm buying and if it's any better than Tonestack. I would finally get the JC 120 emulation I've been hunting though....

You could easily nail the JC120 sound with the free Twin Reverb amp and a good chorus plug.

• @ExAsperis99 said:
    It's kind of unclear exactly what you get with the giant packages. It doesn't seem bad to shell out $19.99 for the "clean" package, for instance, which has 35 "clean tone" models. (Or the Metal or the Lead or Drive packages.)

Don’t know if you have/like THU but they just released a JC120 rig for iOS. I think it’s $18.

• As a longtime JC120 owner, I don’t understand the appeal of an emulation. It’s main reason for existing is that it plays clean very loud and is a great bed for pedals. But if you don’t need the volume, it doesn’t have a lot of character. And the character of the loud amp isn’t different from at lower volume…it’s just kind of thrilling because it’s loud. The stereo chorus sounds great and no pedal is like it, but that’s a whole other thing. IMO.

• @espiegel123 said:
    As a longtime JC120 owner, I don’t understand the appeal of an emulation. It’s main reason for existing is that it plays clean very loud and is a great bed for pedals. But if you don’t need the volume, it doesn’t have a lot of character. And the character of the loud amp isn’t different from at lower volume…it’s just kind of thrilling because it’s loud. The stereo chorus sounds great and no pedal is like it, but that’s a whole other thing. IMO.

I agree. I still have 2 of them which I use as keyboard amps and as far as the chorus goes, yes it’s lovely but only when you’re in the sweet spot in front of it. Once you mic it, it’s not that spectacular. The chorus on my ME-5 (CE-2) is just as good.

• @BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:
    As a longtime JC120 owner, I don’t understand the appeal of an emulation. It’s main reason for existing is that it plays clean very loud and is a great bed for pedals. But if you don’t need the volume, it doesn’t have a lot of character. And the character of the loud amp isn’t different from at lower volume…it’s just kind of thrilling because it’s loud. The stereo chorus sounds great and no pedal is like it, but that’s a whole other thing. IMO.

I agree. I still have 2 of them which I use as keyboard amps and as far as the chorus goes, yes it’s lovely but only when you’re in the sweet spot in front of it. Once you mic it, it’s not that spectacular. The chorus on my ME-5 (CE-2) is just as good.

Totally. And the chorus is noisy. when you are right in front of the amp the stereo is great.. I go out into the garage when no one is home to bask in the loudness.

• @espiegel123 said:

@BroCoast said:

@espiegel123 said:

Totally. And the chorus is noisy. when you are right in front of the amp the stereo is great.. I go out into the garage when no one is home to bask in the loudness.

Yes that lovely white noise that’s loud even when the amp is turned down low. That needs to be emulated too!

Quick comparison between ME-5 and Drambo chorus.

I am loving the Spring 3 setting on Tonex. I don’t think I have heard a better virtual spring anywhere.

• @espiegel123 said:

As usual, a truly keen observation. So often we find ourselves chasing emulations of classic vintage gear without understanding exactly what it was that made that gear desirable in the first place.