Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Drambo Destroy FX

I made a new module called Destroy FX :smile:

Destroy FX is an effect module for Drambo designed to destroy your beats (or anything else you dare to send through it). Use with caution!
Here’s the download link:

https://synthgroups.com/members/alex/activity/228/

Let me know what you think?

Comments

• Anyone tried it yet? I’m working on an update to add some additional effects. Will post here when it’s up :smile:

• I just now download it, and I already love it :smiley:

• Anyone care to post some examples of it in use?

• Looking forward to explore your FX today (don't have iPad by my hand now) but just a bit nit-picking note on use of online platforms we have:

• synthgroups.com looks cool, but seems like there's not much Drambo stuff. To not fragment the community, I'd prefer using patchstorage.com where there's already a lot of Drambo presets in place.
    • If you want to promote your patches more, I suggest posting it on https://forum.beepstreet.com, which is dedicated to Drambo. Yes, that's a bit in contrary of "not fragmenting the community" :smiley: But I feel like Audiobus forum is already a bit too crowded, with lot of off-topics (to me), and it's not split into per-app discussions, so since there's a dedicated forum for Drambo, I prefer to follow that one closely and just occasionally check this Audiobus, for quick overview of the whole "scene" :smile:
  • I haven't tried it as I make my own effects
    in dRambo but Synthgroups does look interesting.
    Thanks for the link.

• @skrat I agree. Patchstorage for Drambo patches please!

I haven’t tried this yet @sdesign but is it an audio effect or midi?

• edited August 2022

@sdesign said:
    Anyone tried it yet? I’m working on an update to add some additional effects. Will post here when it’s up :smile:

That's a really nice one!
    I bet your first post got lost under the many other posts the first time 😉

Thanks for posting it.
    If I was to suggest any improvement, it would be access to LFO shapes and frequencies, including beat sync and phase, to make rhythmic fx more controllable.

If you want to go beyond that, adding rhythmical custom LFO shapes (using LFO => Graphic Shapers => N2One switch mod.) would be fun as well.

• @cfour said:
    I just now download it, and I already love it :smiley:

Cool, glad you like it :smiley:

@espiegel123 said:
    Anyone care to post some examples of it in use?

I did make a video demo but never got around to uploading it. I’ll see if I can find it and post here.

@Gravitas said:
    I haven't tried it as I make my own effects in dRambo

I’d love your feedback. It was my first module and I’m addicted already! Working a synth right now.

@Gravitas said:
    Synthgroups does look interesting. Thanks for the link.

No problem, and thanks for joining! Would be great if you could upload some of your Drambo modules :smile:

@Edward_Alexander said:
    I haven’t tried this yet @sdesign but is it an audio effect or midi?

It’s an audio effect

@rs2000 said:
    That's a really nice one!
    Thanks for posting it.
    If I was to suggest any improvement, it would be access to LFO shapes and frequencies, including beat sync and phase, to make rhythmic fx more controllable.

If you want to go beyond that, adding rhythmical custom LFO shapes (using LFO => Graphic Shapers => N2One switch mod.) would be fun as well.

Good suggestions! Maybe something for v2!

Thanks guys for all the great feedback!

• @sdesign

I'll give it a go a little bit later on and tell you what I think.
    Yeah, once you start dRamboing you don't really stop. ;)

I'm getting my posterior into gear so that I can live stream
    some of my dRambo creations amongst other things so
    I shall be uploading stuff onto Synthgroups on route.
    I've already made an account.

• @sdesign

I've had a play with it.
    As a first module that's really cool.

Well thought through and the amp module on the end to adjust
    the levels is a nice touch because dRambo can run hot at times.

I look forward to hearing what you come up with next.

• @skrat said:
    Looking forward to explore your FX today (don't have iPad by my hand now) but just a bit nit-picking note on use of online platforms we have:

• synthgroups.com looks cool, but seems like there's not much Drambo stuff. To not fragment the community, I'd prefer using patchstorage.com where there's already a lot of Drambo presets in place.
    • If you want to promote your patches more, I suggest posting it on https://forum.beepstreet.com, which is dedicated to Drambo. Yes, that's a bit in contrary of "not fragmenting the community" :smiley: But I feel like Audiobus forum is already a bit too crowded, with lot of off-topics (to me), and it's not split into per-app discussions, so since there's a dedicated forum for Drambo, I prefer to follow that one closely and just occasionally check this Audiobus, for quick overview of the whole "scene" :smile:

I’ve had a look at Synthgroups, it’s a new site.
    It only has a few members at the moment and it already
    has a dRambo group which is about a week old.
    I like that.

I’ve already created an account and I’ll add some
    input especially from the dRambo side of things.

It’s focus is on the music and hardware and not off topic pseudo politics.

• @Gravitas said:

@skrat said:
    Looking forward to explore your FX today (don't have iPad by my hand now) but just a bit nit-picking note on use of online platforms we have:

I like that.

I don't compare it to Audiobus forum but to patchstorage.com. Do you see any benefit of Synthgroups compared to Patchstorage, since there's already over 400 Drambo patches?

• edited August 2022

@skrat said:

@Gravitas said:

@skrat said:

I like that.

I don't compare it to Audiobus forum but to patchstorage.com. Do you see any benefit of Synthgroups compared to Patchstorage, since there's already over 400 Drambo patches?

It's not about the patches.
    It's about communication between dRambo users and other dRambo groups
    hence why I mentioned "pseudo politics".
    If it's only about patches then obviously there's Patchstorage.
    Not even the Beepstreet forum has that many patches.

As dRambo grows so do the groups and not everyone wants
    to be on the Audiobus Forum or on the Beepstreet forum.

• @Gravitas said:

@skrat said:

@Gravitas said:

@skrat said:

I like that.

I agree with you that unfortunately, Audiobus forum turned into quite a mess that's hard to get some useful content from, but Beepstreet forum is actually pretty focused on Drambo-only topics and it's not so time exhaustive to follow, since it's reasonably active - not too much, but definitely not dead. And of course, the best thing is that the Drambo developer is following it and replying there.
    Of course, it's inevitable there'll always be new sources of information and content, I am just surprised someone actually preferred the new and basically unused platform to the official forum and/or Patchstorage, which already contains hundreds of patches.

• @skrat said:

@Gravitas said:

@skrat said:

@Gravitas said:

@skrat said:

I like that.

I agree with you that unfortunately, Audiobus forum turned into quite a mess that's hard to get some useful content from, but Beepstreet forum is actually pretty focused on Drambo-only topics and it's not so time exhaustive to follow, since it's reasonably active - not too much, but definitely not dead. And of course, the best thing is that the Drambo developer is following it and replying there.

Agreed and I will add that the activity on the dRambo forum will increase as time goes by.

Of course, it's inevitable there'll always be new sources of information and content, I am just surprised someone actually preferred the new and basically unused platform to the official forum and/or Patchstorage, which already contains hundreds of patches.

So you know the OP is the one who has created the new site.
    The patch is by way of an invite.

From looking at the site dRambo is the only software focused group on the site.
    All the other groups are about hardware.

• edited August 2022

I’m not able to try it because it is not directly downloadable from patchstorage. I get it that OP wants to direct traffic to his site but I hope this will not become a habit on patchstorage.

Users have enough issues with patch storage as it is, with different formats and patches that aren’t easy to understand or use. The last thing we need is for them to have to login to external sites to get the stuff.

I (with all due respect) would personally classify this as spam…or at the very least very unhelpful.

• @supadom said:
    I’m not able to try it because it is not directly downloadable from patchstorage. I get it that OP wants to direct traffic to his site but I hope this will not become a habit on patchstorage.

Users have enough issues with patch storage as it is, with different formats and patches that aren’t easy to understand or use. The last thing we need is for them to have to login to external sites to get the stuff.

I (with all due respect) would personally classify this as spam…or at the very least very unhelpful.

I've just tried downloading it myself without being signed in.

I cleared all of the cookies and sign in information
    from my browser and I was able to download the patch.

Still horses for courses.
    Whatever rocks your boat.

• edited August 2022

@Gravitas said:

@supadom said:

TBH I gave up at ‘patch can be downloaded from…’

One step too far for me but I guess if one is a modular geek, that’s just another connection in the rack ;)

• @Gravitas said:

@skrat said:

@Gravitas said:

@skrat said:

@Gravitas said:

@skrat said:

I like that.

Agreed and I will add that the activity on the dRambo forum will increase as time goes by.

So you know the OP is the one who has created the new site.
    The patch is by way of an invite.

From looking at the site dRambo is the only software focused group on the site.
    All the other groups are about hardware.

Ah, I see now. It could be actually a nice way to promote Drambo to more hardware-oriented people :smile:

• edited August 2022

@supadom said:

@Gravitas said:

@supadom said:

TBH I gave up at ‘patch can be downloaded from…’

One step too far for me but I guess if one is a modular geek, that’s just another connection in the rack ;)

I downloaded it in one step from my browser which is Firefox.
    Yeah, I know you like things as simple as possible. ;)

@skrat
    "Ah, I see now. It could be actually a nice way to promote Drambo to more hardware-oriented people :smile:"

Exactly this.
    Not even taking into account dRambo's synthesis side of things,
    it's a really good sequencer in it's own right and would serve
    well as the main sequencer for hardware rigs. ;)

• @supadom said:

I’m not able to try it because it is not directly downloadable from patchstorage.

I posted the direct link to the download page in my original post. You don’t need to register to download, just click the link. Let me know what you think :-)

• edited August 2022

@espiegel123 said:

I found/uploaded the video demo for you. I just puts some 909 drums through it, but it’s good with synths too :smile:

• @sdesign said:

@espiegel123 said:

I found/uploaded the video demo for you. I just puts some 909 drums through it, but it’s good with synths too :smile:

Cool!