Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Spidericemidas Presets Album

This compilation is the first results from exploring a new workflow for me.

Seven jams in AUM where ZOA was providing sequenced backgrounds along with Hammerhead for any percussion where required. Each transferred into Cubasis2 for further embelishments and overdubs, and blended seamlessly together to produce 32 mins of continuous music.

Itโ€™s also a demonstration of 100% Spidericemidas-only presets working together from all the various synth packs.

No EQ or mastering done. Just thrown together with minimal mixing.

๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ™

ยซ1

Comments

• edited August 2022

This is perfect "get me through the next 32 minutes of work" music. Thank you.

• 4:04 sounds so sweet!

• @magnusovi @FastGhost thanks! I appreciate 32mins is lengthy, you can always just dip in and out through it to see what's going on here and there. ๐Ÿ™‚๐Ÿ‘

• Love it!

• Is it just me or: it takes forever before it's start playing. Not only here but every soundcloud post. Sometimes they don't show at all. I'll try again, to listen, later :)

• Very nice, very chill, but really interesting and melodic, great stuff!

• @richardyot said:
    Very nice, very chill, but really interesting and melodic, great stuff!

Thanks Richard your ears are much appreciated.

• @lasselu said:
    Love it!

Thanks. It was a learning exercise in Cubasis as I've always been a Gadget user. I enjoyed the more freeform approach with this test.

• Finally!!! The Golden Moments of Dream Time and Mysteries of Metaphysics have been revealed to us all! Thank you @Spidericemidas for this gift you have bestowed upon us all!!

• @echoopera said:
    Finally!!! The Golden Moments of Dream Time and Mysteries of Metaphysics have been revealed to us all! Thank you @Spidericemidas for this gift you have bestowed upon us all!!

Haha thanks mate. I was just trying a new workflow stepping away from Gadget and practising the more freeform construction that Cubasis offers. I learnt a lot from this and will be attempting more in future.

• @Spidericemidas said:

@echoopera said:
    Finally!!! The Golden Moments of Dream Time and Mysteries of Metaphysics have been revealed to us all! Thank you @Spidericemidas for this gift you have bestowed upon us all!!

Haha thanks mate. I was just trying a new workflow stepping away from Gadget and practising the more freeform construction that Cubasis offers. I learnt a lot from this and will be attempting more in future.

It's really great to hear you work. I love everything about it! Thanks again for sharing it and your presets with us all!

• Excellent sound designs, as always, Spider. Could you please post your new Kauldron presets link here I havenโ€™t downloaded yet. Thanks!

• @Spidericemidas your presets are so great, sweet track at least the first 5-6 mins, all I could listen to for now.

• edited August 2022

@LinearLineman said:
    Excellent sound designs, as always, Spider. Could you please post your new Kauldron presets link here I havenโ€™t downloaded yet. Thanks!

Here ya go sir:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50928/125-free-presets-for-yonac-s-kauldron-synth-by-spidericemidas/p1

Spidey is on UK time from what I remember, so he should be properly wrapping up dinner by now :smile:

• @echoopera said:

@LinearLineman said:
    Excellent sound designs, as always, Spider. Could you please post your new Kauldron presets link here I havenโ€™t downloaded yet. Thanks!

Here ya go sir:
    https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/50928/125-free-presets-for-yonac-s-kauldron-synth-by-spidericemidas/p1

Spidey is on UK time from what I remember, so he should be properly wrapping up dinner by now :smile:

Haha no I just got home from an Ozric Tentacles & Gong gig at a local venue. I placed myself against the barrier right up front just a few feet away from them. Got a smile and acknowledgement from my synth hero Ed Wynne so I'm too stoked to sleep now! Made my night that did! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฉ lol

• Thanks, Spider!

• @LinearLineman said:

Thanks for having a listen! ๐Ÿ™‚

• @Poppadocrock said:
    @Spidericemidas your presets are so great, sweet track at least the first 5-6 mins, all I could listen to for now.

Thanks for dropping by! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Just now getting into this and really enjoying it. Your music flows together seamlessly and everything sounds so clear. Like a peaceful musical vacation to a secluded tropical island.

• @myapologies said:
    Just now getting into this and really enjoying it. Your music flows together seamlessly and everything sounds so clear. Like a peaceful musical vacation to a secluded tropical island.

Thanks very much for the kind words. It was a new way of working for me, lots learned from it, and hopefully onwards and upwards from this exercise! ๐Ÿ™‚

• Awesome as always, Spider!

• @NeuM said:
    Awesome as always, Spider!

Your time and comment is much appreciated, thank you very much for support and encouragement!
    I wanted to take what I'd learned from this and start work on another one....but then Nambu appeared on my iPad! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜†

• I Take the Liberty to Call You โ€˜Midasโ€™ Cause Like Him Whatever You Touch Turns Into Gold
    This is So Great !!!!!!
    Is it possible to say What synth apps did you use
    Man This Is So Great And Hard To Believe Is Made From Just An iPad
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ

• @Spidericemidas said:

@NeuM said:
    Awesome as always, Spider!

Your time and comment is much appreciated, thank you very much for support and encouragement!
    I wanted to take what I'd learned from this and start work on another one....but then Nambu appeared on my iPad! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜†

We are getting some of the finest synths and audio tools for iOS ever right now and itโ€™s pretty exciting.

• edited August 2022

@dalton34gr said:
    I Take the Liberty to Call You โ€˜Midasโ€™ Cause Like Him Whatever You Touch Turns Into Gold
    This is So Great !!!!!!
    Is it possible to say What synth apps did you use
    Man This Is So Great And Hard To Believe Is Made From Just An iPad
    ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ๐ŸŽถ

Wow thanks indeed! โœ‹๏ธ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I used the presets from my soundbanks for:
    Lagrange
    Mersenne
    Redshrike
    Laplace
    Lorentz
    Kronecker
    Nave
    Sunrizer
    Primer
    Kaspar
    Kauldron
    Addstation
    Mitosynth
    Audiokit Synth One
    MiRack

• You have a soundbank for MiRack? Have you released this?

• @lasselu said:
    You have a soundbank for MiRack? Have you released this?

I have a lot of patches in MiRack, but theyโ€™re not what Iโ€™d call soundbanks per se. Theyโ€™re set up as pieces of music in themselves for jamming and performing and possible use as future tracks.
    I took a few elements of those and dropped them into this recording, but they donโ€™t play a significant part in it. The long sweeping pad in the last track is from MiRack and the synth bubbles in one of the transitions are also from MiRack.

• Ah, I see...

• @Spidericemidas said:

Seven jams in AUM where ZOA was providing sequenced backgrounds along with Hammerhead for any percussion where required. Each transferred into Cubasis2 for further embelishments and overdubs, and blended seamlessly together to produce 32 mins of continuous music.

Itโ€™s also a demonstration of 100% Spidericemidas-only presets working together from all the various synth packs.

๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ™

Well okay then. You came out with a whole album before I finished that one song of your presets I have been planning forever. ๐Ÿ˜

Sounds very good, congrats!

• @ervin said:

@Spidericemidas said:

๐Ÿ•ท๐Ÿ™

Well okay then. You came out with a whole album before I finished that one song of your presets I have been planning forever. ๐Ÿ˜

Sounds very good, congrats!

Well...it took me quite a while though as I started it whilst making the bank for Laplace (April) and finally finished it last week (August) after making and releasing the Kauldron bank in July. I thought I'd finished it but then I made the Kauldron bank, so I had to put some Kauldron sounds in there too!

It was one of those things though where I had to leave it alone for lengthy periods and just came back to it here and there to add more stuff. I don't get anywhere near enough time on the iPad anymore, unfortunately. Anyhow it was a good learning exercise for me and gave me plenty of ideas for improvement. Just need the time to sit down and execute them! Still got half finished stuff in Gadget to complete. And then there's Nambu........! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚