Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AMS Neve88M USB audiointerface*update*YT video

edited August 2022 in Other

has been delivered yesterday - first impression-wow
Comparison test with Apogee Duet 3/UAD Volt 476 and SSL 2+ running..... times see or hear
setup-iPad Pro 12*9/M1/1TB

Comments

• Nice collection of interfaces :)

Let us know your subjective opinions. The price is a little high for me, I can't imagine that it's 4x better than the SSL.

• Wow - congratulations 😁
    Please report how it is performing with the iPad.

• @Sam23 Please tell us how you’re liking the Neve compared to the rest when you get time!

• @128BPM said:
    Wow - congratulations 😁
    Please report how it is performing with the iPad.

it works completely without problems, 4 days in continuous use - plug and play

• Great👍
    And the Sound? Do you hear a difference compared to the others?

• 👍> @ipadbeatmaking said:

@Sam23 Please tell us how you’re liking the Neve compared to the rest when you get time!

• working on it / will upload 🎶

@128BPM said:
    Great👍
    And the Sound? Do you hear a difference compared to the others?

• edited August 2022

on YT soon

• edited August 2022

short sound comparison of the current usb audio interfaces from Neve Apogee SSL UAD Universal Audio with Martin guitar and Apple iPad Pro - wave files plus on screen recording

setup:
    Martin acoustic into Garageband

i tried to play the chords always with the same velocity intensity, and i also levelled up as good as possible

there is a small problem with the Neve - in garageband on the iPad, the count one in the metronome/counter is output very quietly/almost muted-therefore the "sudden" use/impact on this track 2, as i was a bit surprised

in principle the Neve is intuitive to use, there were no problems, plug and play....

https://youtu.be/ZCDd22-6npQ

Neve #UAD #SSL #Apogee

• edited August 2022

Comparing mic pres with a guitar pickup.... >:)
    LoL o:)

• esteemed Telefunky-"somewhere you have to start" ;-)
    1.of course I have used the "line function
    2.as you know, it is also about the quality of the audiowamdler
    3.of course I recorded vocals, and of course with dynamic mics like the SM7b, condenser mics and tube mics.

the results were comparable in terms of classification etc ;-)
    btw-exciting it was then with the use of the Siemens Sitral ;-)

@Telefunky said:

• Nice rigs B) :+1:
    For sure the converters do play a role, but the more interesting aspect is the Neve‘s transformer based design versus the UAD and SSL‘s that come without (afaik).

And as you‘ve opened pandora‘s box with that vintage setup: how does it compare ?
    (which is pointless from a price point... of course)

Did you ever connect headphones directly to the vintage analog outputs ?
    They are low impedance and can drive cans if the resulting gain gets high enough.
    I use this as a reference how much of a signal makes the transition into the digital domain.
    (one of my most puzzling experiences, as I never achieved 100%)
    Do you use resistors or transformers to match output impedance for conversion ?
    (sorry for the ot blurb, but such gear is rarely presented)

• Cool.

I had the SSL 2 for a bit and found it was pretty good.

I was thinking about the Neve. Not a bad price for what it is.

• with vocals 🎤😉

• excuse my late reply, I had a lot to do..and thank you for your as always competent suggestions.... I have of course, in addition to the NS 10, Yamah and ELAC boxes also used a high-quality headphones, each alternately on all 4 interfaces, and with all files-as all 4 products are in a prestigious higher-priced segment, there were no unpleasant surprises, rather nuances and taste preferences-zb I prefer the SSL for guitar recordings, Apogee for "surgical details on voice" (software by Bob C..) as you know-to include all this would go beyond any scope

@Telefunky said:
    Nice rigs B) :+1:
    For sure the converters do play a role, but the more interesting aspect is the Neve‘s transformer based design versus the UAD and SSL‘s that come without (afaik).

And as you‘ve opened pandora‘s box with that vintage setup: how does it compare ?
    (which is pointless from a price point... of course)

Did you ever connect headphones directly to the vintage analog outputs ?
    They are low impedance and can drive cans if the resulting gain gets high enough.
    I use this as a reference how much of a signal makes the transition into the digital domain.
    (one of my most puzzling experiences, as I never achieved 100%)
    Do you use resistors or transformers to match output impedance for conversion ?
    (sorry for the ot blurb, but such gear is rarely presented)

• edited August 2022

Thanks anyway for adding the vocal tracks... comparison is difficult by nature, considering these are different takes. But at least some impression. :+1:
    Imh ears the Neve is in fact the least aggressive of the quartet, probably due to the transformer based design.
    (the take is roughly 1db lower in loudness compared to the Apogee, but compensated the impression remained the same)
    Advantage or disadvantage depends on source and target (mix) idea.
    I agree that none of them is a fail and none of them blows the rest away.

• I have the SSL 2+ , The Apogee Duet for IOS/Mac ( Not the latest one ) and the Apogee Symphony Desktop, and I’m interested in the Neve interface. I’m completely satisfied with the Symphony Desktop tbh but I’d sure love to hear the Neve in person. Going by the video I’m sure at the end of the day they all sound great and the AD converters are more than good enough to get you what you need but it’s hard to tell what the DA converters sound like without hearing the interface in person.

• @Telefunky said:

• A comprehensive and competent intro chapter :+1: