Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AudioBus Collective Horrowshow *UPDATE* Submissions due by Midnight tonight 14/08 GMT

edited August 2022 in Other

Hi all,

We’re still muddling through sorting out the Dropbox folder. In the meantime, @Synthi asks can you follow this naming convention for your track, it will help us no end getting this done:

trackname_timecode(Hours-Minutes-Seconds-Frames)_audiobus username (?):

Example:

"Theshadows_00-11-07-15_synthi.wav"

using "-" instead of ":" in the timecode due to some windows incompatibilities.

Deadline wise, you should be aiming to get your piece in asap and by Sunday 14th August midnight, GMT at the latest. More to follow…

Comments

• edited August 2022

Submission folder now live!

Okay folks, here is how to get your work to us.

1. Make sure your 5 minute track is named as per the format in the first post above in this thread, and following the tech standards set out by @Synthi as before - check here for full details:

https://forum.audiob.us/discussion/51388/the-audiobus-horrowshow-final-submission-details/p1

1. Check your package (oo-er!) This should include - your main track, correctly titled as above, which optionally may incorporate any borrowings/mangling of the material in the ‘Assets’ folder; any additional ‘B roll’ audio files; and a .txt file itemising what you have provided, the full track title of your piece, your artist name and any social media links to SoundCloud, BandCamp, YouTube and whatnot you like, for inclusion on a credits crawl/YouTube links for the movie.

2. DM me, @Svetlovska , on the forum to ask for folder access, including a valid email for you for me to send it to. I will add your email to the edit list on the folder, and post the link to you.

You are then free to add your material into your folder.

To keep this simple, and to enable everyone to demo each others work, we are having to give all of you access to everything, in your folder and in everyone else’s. So…

…Please use responsibly! :)

Let The Games Begin…

• those who have already submitted their stuff, don’t worry, we’ve got it.
  • Thanks you'll get mine very soon!! xx

• https://www.dropbox.com/s/qzz11c9s1t85sr8/Vampyr flute.wav?dl=0

Worked on this with @LinearLineman, posting here as thought it may be of use/interest to others as a motif…

Sorry about filename! Will address later, wanted to get it out there to you lot.

Stuck without phone for some time now, will respond later.

• @Svetlovska said:

• those who have already submitted their stuff, don’t worry, we’ve got it.

Cool! Thanks. 😀

• Just a quick update, folks: @rottencat @senhorlampada @bygjohn @Kewe_Esse sbould all have access to the folders now; if you haven’t DM’ed me already with your email, do it as soon as you like, even if you are still working on your track. That way, I can set your folder up and it’ll be waiting for you when you are ready. :)

• @Svetlovska said:
    Just a quick update, folks: @rottencat @senhorlampada @bygjohn @Kewe_Esse sbould all have access to the folders now; if you haven’t DM’ed me already with your email, do it as soon as you like, even if you are still working on your track. That way, I can set your folder up and it’ll be waiting for you when you are ready. :)

Just checking that mine is one of the submissions you already have?

• I haven’t (it’s probably with Krupa, but I’m trying not to bother him as I know he is under the gun.) DM me your email and I’ll set you up. :)

• Yes! It worked! Thanks so much :heart:

• Just kinda checking that my file got received ok? I can see it in ABC folder but not certain if I got the right folder…

• My submission will take a few days at least. Although I have tons of ideas sketched out for my part. I was working on the earlier premise that krupa would not be free to put this all together until a few months from now. Recently I’ve been busy with other stuff. What to do?

• edited August 2022

Well, extend the deadline, I guess. This project only succeeds if everybody delivers after all. As Rojack put it:

• Top stuff - let’s not rush a good thing!

• This is good news. I’ve DMed for folder access but I’m away on holiday now, and I’d rather get some more time in on it than rush it over now.

• Sorry I didn't even see this until today! Mine will be with you tonight I promise

• Can't wait for the final... final!!!! I can wait. It's not like I'm committed. So it costs me just to wait 'cause i might <$1,000 for a movie: Scale for union members must be a bit higher.

Do we do this for the money?

Fuck no.We gave upon seeing money years ago.

• edited August 2022

Do it for the money? I did actually sell a download on Bandcamp once, surprisingly. Got £2.50. I now only need to sell, approximately, another 10,000 downloads, and I’ll be breaking even on the gear and app costs accrued so far. Before tax.Nothing for my time, obvs… :)

• I think I just successfully moved all the submissions I’d received from the original file structure to the new one… I left the movies that we looked at in place though as I presume not everyone wants to download all those…

• @Svetlovska said:
    Do it for the money? I did actually sell a download on Bandcamp once, surprisingly. Got £2.50. I now only need to sell, approximately, another 10,000 downloads, and I’ll be breaking even on the gear and app costs accrued so far. Before tax.Nothing for my time, obvs… :)

Distrokid tells me I have made $1.73 over the 2 years my album has been out on multiple streaming sites.

• Think I must have had too much coffee or something, cos I’m getting madly overexcited at the prospect of seeing the finished article. I should know better at my age!

• @sevenape said:
    Sorry I didn't even see this until today! Mine will be with you tonight I promise

I saw this late too. I'll submit mine tonight on my timezone (will probably be morning for some of you :lol:)

• 🙏🏻 busy weeks here, no electrocity for some days because the snow! I’ll try to have my music ready for the weekend! No rush I think so how much for extending the deadline? Until September 1st? @Svetlovska ?

• Where do you live, @Synthi? Hope besides electricity, everything is ok :wink:

• @senhorlampada said:
    Where do you live, @Synthi? Hope besides electricity, everything is ok :wink:

Yes all is fine thanks! I,m living in the woods in Patagonia

• OK, mine is in the Dropbox. If it doesn't fit with what's around it, or anyone just doesn't like it, I'm totally fine with being dropped for one of the stand-ins. Looking forward to seeing the finished thing, regardless of whether I'm in it or not.

• Somehow I can’t upload to the Dropbox, I can see it but I can’t upload! What am I doing wrong!?

• @sevenape said:
    Somehow I can’t upload to the Dropbox, I can see it but I can’t upload! What am I doing wrong!?

I had the same problem. Ended up with me making a zip archive on iCloud (track and stems, plus notes) and sharing it with @Svetlovska who downloaded it from there to Dropbox. Though I note that on Dropbox it seems to have lost its .ZIP extension, so it’ll probably need a rename to unzip it.

For some reason, Dropbox wouldn’t let me add the shared project folder without buying a pro plan as it wanted 8 gigs of space (I’m on a free 2 gig account), and the link that was later sent via email just lets me see the folder in a pop-up dialog box but no way of uploading. Weird.

• Gotta say, Dropbox have really screwed up their core product by chasing VC money and enterprise.

• @bygjohn said:

@sevenape said:
    Somehow I can’t upload to the Dropbox, I can see it but I can’t upload! What am I doing wrong!?

I had the same problem. Ended up with me making a zip archive on iCloud (track and stems, plus notes) and sharing it with @Svetlovska who downloaded it from there to Dropbox. Though I note that on Dropbox it seems to have lost its .ZIP extension, so it’ll probably need a rename to unzip it.

For some reason, Dropbox wouldn’t let me add the shared project folder without buying a pro plan as it wanted 8 gigs of space (I’m on a free 2 gig account), and the link that was later sent via email just lets me see the folder in a pop-up dialog box but no way of uploading. Weird.

That is weird… ok so I’ll stick it on cloud and share it to @Svetlovska then. Thanks very much for helping out!!!

• I would also like an extension - really not sure what the hurry is when earlier we were looking at October as a deadline! I'm busy and although I have spent a lot of time coming up with ideas for this, I'm in no mood to rush and have a lot of other stuff going on! If people are really eager to get this done ASAP I might just have to drop out, which is OK, as I've already had immense fun just playing around with ideas and will for sure be able to use them in other projects.

• edited August 2022

The consensus seems to be a Sept 1st deadline for initial submissions then? That leaves 8 weeks for the potentially trickier business of mixing… In case of, you know, ‘events’…