Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

AuroraDSP support

Has anyone had reason to contact AuroraDSP support? Been trying to resolve an issue since 12/07/22 and even getting an answer to a simple question like "will you be fixing this?" goes unanswered. They do respond, but it generally takes days or even a week and multiple requests to get a response. I've had 8 responses, the issue still exists and I just can't get an answer on whether they are going to try to fix it. I even explained that I just want to buy another plugin but as I can't get it to work I want to know what the future holds. The closest I got to a response acknowledging the issue was a statement saying "This is not how it should work".

Comments

• What is the issue you are having with the software?

Fwiw, hearing anything back is more than happens with 80% of the indie devs. In this case, they probably don’t know if/when they will get to it and probably haven’t heard from enough people for it to be a high priority…or they have so little time (and are getting so little in return) that they just don’t know when they might have time to address it…and don’t want commit to something and fail to live up to the commitment.

• edited August 2022

@espiegel123 said:
    What is the issue you are having with the software?

Fwiw, hearing anything back is more than happens with 80% of the indie devs. In this case, they probably don’t know if/when they will get to it and probably haven’t heard from enough people for it to be a high priority…or they have so little time (and are getting so little in return) that they just don’t know when they might have time to address it…and don’t want commit to something and fail to live up to the commitment.

It's on PC. When I install any of the newer releases or updates (original mammoth and rhino were fine) I get an error on load (standalone and plugin). The error says that I need to install again. I have found out that the issue is the newer versions and releases are leaving out a file (which I have been sent and told where to place it) but the folder where this file goes has locked permissions. I have been shown how to change permissions but it doesn't work as I have been told. And that is where I'm at right now. Wanting to use updates I bought. Wanting to buy other releases but there is no point as the demo shows the same issues as the purchased version I have. Wanting to know if it will be fixed but getting no reply to the question.

• edited August 2022

Have they replied to your letting them know that the permissions fix didn’t work? I'd be politely persistent but focus on getting their proposed fix to work rather than finding out when they will be issuing a new build.

• Have you tried asking the readers if the ABF? They won’t know but they will talk about how they also get ignored by ———.

My current “they don’t even reply” vendor is Yonac. I bought a $5 app and only got $6 in support.

• @espiegel123 said:
    Have they replied to your letting them know that the permissions fix didn’t work? I'd be politely persistent but focus on getting their proposed fix to work rather than finding out when they will be issuing a new build.

Yes, that was the last one saying it shouldn't be that way, but ignoring again the question of whether it would be fixed. It's been weeks since the "fix" was proposed. I have tried a lot. Even the extra file and instruction are too much now. When I reported than an update created the same issue all I got was a we already sent you the solution reply.

• Have you tried installing the file or the entire software package using the admin account in windows?

You could also try putting the file that they gave you inside the folder of the application, where the executable is. Or if you’re talking about a plugin, where the dll is installed.

I haven’t used windows in a while, but from your description it seems you’re talking about a missing third party library. So technically there’s nothing wrong with the software itself. Is your windows installation updated with the latest service packs?

• edited August 2022

@Strigoi said:
    Have you tried installing the file or the entire software package using the admin account in windows?

Sure have. I run practically everything in admin mode. Which is a pain because of drag and drop limitations but it solves other issues.

You could also try putting the file that they gave you inside the folder of the application, where the executable is. Or if you’re talking about a plugin, where the dll is installed.

I can't. The installation removes my admin rights and I can't change that.

I haven’t used windows in a while, but from your description it seems you’re talking about a missing third party library. So technically there’s nothing wrong with the software itself. Is your windows installation updated with the latest service packs?

Yep. They are MammothConfig.dat and RhinoConfig.dat. Unfortunately I can't (and shouldn't have to) put them where they need to be. But this appears to be where the support ends.

I'd have bought the plugins I don't have by now if they worked.

• @McD said:
    Have you tried asking the readers if the ABF? They won’t know but they will talk about how they also get ignored by ———.

My current “they don’t even reply” vendor is Yonac. I bought a $5 app and only got $6 in support.

Huh?

• @Allerom

1) Which version of Windows are you using?

2) Which folder are they wanting you to install the software into?

3) Have you tried or are you comfortable using the command line?

• @Mountain_Hamlet said:
    @Allerom

1) Which version of Windows are you using?

2) Which folder are they wanting you to install the software into?

3) Have you tried or are you comfortable using the command line?

Windows 10. The folder is Program Data/AuroraDSP

I'm comfortable using it but I need instructions.

Still would be nice to have a developer response rather than completely ignoring the issue.

• I think what you need to do is change the folder permissions via the properties for the folder.
    You can do this in File Explorer using the GUI without needing to open any terminal window.
    Right click on the folder and select properties.
    You need to change the permissions. Change owner to System and all permissions to everybody.
    Then you should be able to copy the files into the folder.

• edited August 2022

@Mountain_Hamlet said:
    I think what you need to do is change the folder permissions via the properties for the folder.
    You can do this in File Explorer using the GUI without needing to open any terminal window.
    Right click on the folder and select properties.
    You need to change the permissions. Change owner to System and all permissions to everybody.
    Then you should be able to copy the files into the folder.

I've done that. Right click, Security, Advanced, Change Permissions etc. Sadly it doesn't work. The folder stays locked.

• 🤷‍♂️ seems weird. My folders in program data can be copied into without any issues by default. So, it appears you have an issue with permissions or something similar...make sure that the Program Data folder itself has the correct permissions and then the folder you are copying into. I know you said above that you are using an administrator account, but it appears as if the system is interacting with you at the User level instead of as an Administrator. I bet if you create an account as an administrator and log in with that and do your biz it will let you copy. You could change the permissions for the user level to see if that works. Without seeing it I'm just throwing darts in the dark. But, that appears to be where your problem is. (other than your interaction with the developer people)

• @Mountain_Hamlet said:
    🤷‍♂️ seems weird. My folders in program data can be copied into without any issues by default. So, it appears you have an issue with permissions or something similar...make sure that the Program Data folder itself has the correct permissions and then the folder you are copying into. I know you said above that you are using an administrator account, but it appears as if the system is interacting with you at the User level instead of as an Administrator. I bet if you create an account as an administrator and log in with that and do your biz it will let you copy. You could change the permissions for the user level to see if that works. Without seeing it I'm just throwing darts in the dark. But, that appears to be where your problem is. (other than your interaction with the developer people)

This is the only folder in Program Data with this issue. It is only AuroraDSP plugins. If I uninstall one and reinstall another it is exactly the same. But just this company.

• @Ailerom : perhaps, you should make a screen capture video showing you doing as they instructed step-by-step so that auroradsp can see what you are doing and where it is going wrong.

Maybe they can see what is going wrong.

If yours is the only report of the issue that might explain the lack of urgency on their part and perhaps there is a step they left out that they will see on the video.

And if they don’t help maybe someone in their windows user community can.

• If you change the thread title to indicate you need help installing the windows versions, maybe someone on an forum knows how to make this work.

• @espiegel123 said:
    @Ailerom : perhaps, you should make a screen capture video showing you doing as they instructed step-by-step so that auroradsp can see what you are doing and where it is going wrong.

Maybe they can see what is going wrong.

If yours is the only report of the issue that might explain the lack of urgency on their part and perhaps there is a step they left out that they will see on the video.

And if they don’t help maybe someone in their windows user community can.

I appreciate the offers of help but........

AuroraDSP said it is something they have seen before and it should be like that. That is the most commitment I've had from them. I don't really want help, I want the issue fixed by Aurora. This thread was more a curiosity to see if their obtuse communication was a common theme.