Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Glistener Revisited

edited August 2022 in Creations

This is @McDs favorite track. I never really understood why. After stripping away the excess synths I think I get it now. I hope @Daveypoo gives a listen, too, as he’s an EP addict.

Kawai MP11se onboard EP and 2x AudioKit Synth1.

Comments

• Very nice, Mike. Recalls to me classic early electric jazz.

• McDMcD
    edited August 2022

Yes… I connect to this one on some visceral plane. It’s probably the moods conjured by the chord progressions and nostalgia for that particular chordal work in an epiano. I heard an LA Studio legend named Clare Fisher and he could bring out these feelings in me when he played his compositions and improvised on his themes.

This improv from you starts with an almost perfect song/melody built on a repeated motif… it’s the simplicity of Miles where he builds a theme from repetition and your ability to predict the next note is rewarded or denied in a way that delights.

Mikes would hear other’s music with a similar design and recognize it as a tune he could really work with like “Time After Time” by Cyndi Lauoer. Miles loved melodic logic over running scales or patterns to match the chords.

This improv has traces of their approach to build memorable Melodies and it’s why it’s the one I keep recalling… I remember it in feeling if not note for note. It migrates away from the “head” over time but the new ideas are also compelling. I could take it apart and make many simpler but memorable pieces from it as that’s where my heart lies. What I post here on the forum tends to be more about sounds and rarely about melodic creations with the possible exception of this one which had a road map of a chord progression and a melody that matured over multiple takes:

https://on.soundcloud.com/njQstLSQAHJh3m1S6

The first piece I posted was also in this vein of moody Epiano noodling:

https://on.soundcloud.com/XSw3M36dCAQx8GAs9

So, the reason I like this one is that I can hear myself in it… if I made it I’d be proud of the work.

Nice one Mike. I hope you like it for that creative re-use that would make you more like Miles: master of the cool.

• Very nice. Could have happily listened to that as bare EP throughout, just the elegant simplicity of that tone and the fluid playing…

• The Wurly tone really helps this tune speak, I think. Especially in the left hand. Very lyrical, thoughful meanderings. Simplicity of production really lets your ideas come through on this one.

I could definitely hear a combo laying this down in a smoky club (are clubs even smoky any more?). You've got a very Mcoy Tyner thing going on in places. I dig it, man.

• The piano is exquisite!
    I can understand why this is McD's fav, very peaceful, very melodic, and simply lovely.
    I love this creation, and the more I listen, the more I am sinking in the loveliness!!!
    Rene

• @McD, I liked your Jazz Tempo. EPs have a fresh sound. The bell like quality is uplifting compared to the complexity of a piano note. Itks good for love stuff, too. Again, never too heavy.
    Thanks @Svetlovska. I agree, it would have been fine on its own. Lol, I stripped out all the synths I had put in three years ago.

Thanks for the listen @Daveypoo. McCoy Tyner was a big influence on me. That fourths sound of his was unique at the time.

Thx @ReneAsologuitar you definitely get the award for best commentor on tracks. You never repeat yourself. That’s a skill in itself!

• Some lovely melodies and nice tinkly bits a well… what more could you want 😊

• @GeoTony said:
    Some lovely melodies and nice tinkly bits a well… what more could you want 😊

An OSMOSE and some naked women. Not necessarily in that order.

• Ha, got me there… although at the moment I’d actually settle for some rain .. (+ of course the naked women)

• Gorgeous stuff! Really love your playing here Mike

• edited August 2022

@GeoTony I should have said beautiful, naked, women. You always have to be specific with those genies. Can you imagine what you could get?

Thanks so much for listening @Gavinski. Glad you liked it!