Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

IMAGINANDO LK - gate playback mode like in ATOM 2 pls

Decided to start new topic as I like LK a lot, but one thing is lack from ATOM2, and Ableton Live:
Gate playback. I mean when I trigger next clip, it always start from beginning in LK, I would like it will be “phase synced” like in LoopyPro, or gated like in Atom2.
For example my clips has 64 bars of drums, one is loud drums, second is very pianissimo played, and I would like to switch during performance from one to another, but not start from beginning every time when‘I change the clip!
What you thing? Is this alerady possible in LK and I’m missing this somehow or is is not available YET and we can asking developer to consider to add this?

Thank you for reading and posting, great forum and great people, great home created music posted here, and tutorials.

Comments

• edited August 2022

I could have sworn there used to be a setting for this - dunno if it’s moved in the last major update though or I’m making it up. Not something I ever used.

Whilst we’re on the topic, I’d love a hold mode in LK, like in atom2. This would play a clip whilst a midi trigger is on, and stop it on midi trigger off. This doesn’t quantise to the host clock, just plays as soon as the trigger is on. It’s useful for sequencing clips with a different quantised sequencer, like in atom 2 when you use one instance to sequence the others.

• Yes - hold also, like a midi sampler 👍this both modes are missing at now. Atom2 have both of this… but we asking for this in LK. @gregsmith do you know who is our “contact” man with Imaginando?

• @sinosoidal might be who you are looking for.

• Good points. Got a project that would greatly benefit from a gate mode that stops playing when a MIDI Note Off is received.
    I can launch unquantized and play a clip in one shot mode but no gate mode or "launch at correct beat position" as far as I've seen.

• Ableton calls this clip legato mode. It’s essential!

• Yes, and on iDevice only atom2 allow to this. Mr @sinosoidal can you bring our voice to the developer?

• Wow this is indeed a tragic gap for iOS and iPadOS. Atom2 is cool but isn’t functional for my use cases and doesn’t exist on iPhone

• @wahnfrieden said:
    Wow this is indeed a tragic gap for iOS and iPadOS. Atom2 is cool but isn’t functional for my use cases and doesn’t exist on iPhone

Atom2 does indeed exist on iPhone

• edited August 2022

with atom2 there is small „problem”, multiple instances are needed for launchpad controlling clips, and this is issue in loopyPro as its mean big long mixer with all instances (no grouping).

if atom2 allow for changing patrerns in single instance by launchpad then problem solved

is anybody know if scripting in atom2 allow for such change?

of course we can put in loopy triggers widgets to control which pattern is playing and map to user pages on launchpad, but them no session view at the same time on launchpad, because at this time (now) donuts in loopypro have issue with messages order when follow action is used to launch atom2 , so … :)

• @rs2000 said:
    Good points. Got a project that would greatly benefit from a gate mode that stops playing when a MIDI Note Off is received.
    I can launch unquantized and play a clip in one shot mode but no gate mode or "launch at correct beat position" as far as I've seen.

Helium in RTC mode will accomplish this.

• @Blipsford_Baubie said:

@rs2000 said:
    Good points. Got a project that would greatly benefit from a gate mode that stops playing when a MIDI Note Off is received.

Helium in RTC mode will accomplish what you’re describing rs2000, but not the way. @szczyp is describing. In other words, note off equals midi clip stops, but all clips trigger to the beginning of the clip. BTW, Helium doesn’t have clips as most you know, but in RTC mode, I think of the snapshots as clips, coming from an Ableton background, the behavior is the same.

• @szczyp

I believe we were able to introduce the mode you're asking. Are you on LK beta list? If not pm me so I can add you =) A new beta with this feature might come out between this week and the next one. Any feedback regarding it is much appreciated!

@gregsmith @rs2000

Sorry, but I don't think we'll be able to deliver (on this beta) an implementation for the hold function you're asking. The feature may require some time to digest a nice way of implementing it. But thanks for suggesting it

• @xglax said:
    @szczyp

I believe we were able to introduce the mode you're asking. Are you on LK beta list? If not pm me so I can add you =) A new beta with this feature might come out between this week and the next one. Any feedback regarding it is much appreciated!

@gregsmith @rs2000

Sorry, but I don't think we'll be able to deliver (on this beta) an implementation for the hold function you're asking. The feature may require some time to digest a nice way of implementing it. But thanks for suggesting it

Thanks for replying. I’m sure one day LK will find it’s way back into my workflow 🙏

• edited September 2022

@szczyp @wahnfrieden

New LK beta (290) has the sync functionality when triggering clips. Clip properties panel has a new section called "Play Mode" where you can choose "From start" (the default until now) and "Continue" (this will play the current clip based on the position of the last one)

In this new beta you will also be capable of selecting the amount of loops a clip will do before applying follow actions or transform actions.