Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Tin Man, America 1974

America is a British-American rock band formed in London in 1970. America is Dewey Bunnell, Gerry Beckley and Dan Peek, sons of US Air Force personnel stationed in London.

The song's title refers to the Tin Woodman from The Wizard of Oz. Songwriter Dewey Bunnell was quoted describing the parallel: "My favorite movie, I guess. I always loved it as a kid. Very obscure lyrics. Great grammar - 'Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man.' It's sort of a poetic license.

This song is for all innocent and simple people of our world. May their joy and appreciation for life spread like wildfire, and promote happiness and hope in all peoples.

Comments

• Fantastic! Your vocal sounds really like the original.
    I've always loved America. Favourite tracks Horse With No Name and Ventura Highway.
    I used to get them confused with Crosby, Stills & Nash (another of my favourites) because their vocal harmonies and music styles were very similar. The vocal harmonies of both bands were just sublime!

• I agree with Spider. Great job. Will enjoy listening to this one a couple more times today.

• Enjoyed this very much. Haven't heard it in years. Brings back memories of a kinder, gentler time. Thanks for posting!

• edited August 2022

Wow @ReneAsologuitar I’m always impressed by your vocals! Especially tracks like this where you (bravely) cover a song, where the original has multiple vocal harmony parts/tracks, yet you pull it off in a single amazing vocal track!

Amazing work as always!

Got a question; when I first started uploading YouTube videos to my channel (12 years ago?) I would do a lot of guitar covers of songs (only instrumental covers, and I didn’t care too much about quality either, most of the time, uploading the first take) but I started getting tired of all of the copyright claims, so I eventually quit doing covers. My question is, how are you dealing with all of that?

Another question I have is what kind of vocal processing are you using? (I don’t see a mic in the video)

• Frankly, I never liked this song, but you make it more than tolerable. Any sales yet on Distrokid?

• @Spidericemidas said:
    Fantastic! Your vocal sounds really like the original.
    I've always loved America. Favourite tracks Horse With No Name and Ventura Highway.
    I used to get them confused with Crosby, Stills & Nash (another of my favourites) because their vocal harmonies and music styles were very similar. The vocal harmonies of both bands were just sublime!

++++++++++
    Hi Spidericemidas,
    Thank you for the great feedback!
    I love both America and CSNY!!!
    Ventura Highway would be another recording I would like to make.
    Thanks for the reminder.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

@myapologies said:
    I agree with Spider. Great job. Will enjoy listening to this one a couple more times today.

++++++++++
    Hi myapologies,
    Thanks for th listen and the re-listen, I just love it!!!
    You are so awesome, and much appreciated rated.
    Rene

@Paulieworld said:
    Enjoyed this very much. Haven't heard it in years. Brings back memories of a kinder, gentler time. Thanks for posting!

++++++++++
    Hi Paulieworld,
    I am so glad that I had delivered a great memories of softer times, kindness and gentleness!!!
    Love your comments.
    Thank you.
    Rene

@Edward_Alexander said:
    Wow @ReneAsologuitar I’m always impressed by your vocals! Especially tracks like this where you (bravely) cover a song, where the original has multiple vocal harmony parts/tracks, yet you pull it off in a single amazing vocal track!
    Amazing work as always!
    Got a question; when I first started uploading YouTube videos to my channel (12 years ago?) I would do a lot of guitar covers of songs (only instrumental covers, and I didn’t care too much about quality either, most of the time, uploading the first take) but I started getting tired of all of the copyright claims, so I eventually quit doing covers. My question is, how are you dealing with all of that?
    Another question I have is what kind of vocal processing are you using? (I don’t see a mic in the video)

++++++++++
    Hi Edward_Alexander,
    Thanks for the great comments and questions.
    I have always loved this song, and have been singing this as a jam with others as well. Especially when we are drinking, hahahahaha. Harmony or none, I am very comfortable with this song.
    copyrights - when I upload my videos on YouTube, I look for copyright owners, and include all info on my uploads. A lot of these copyrights actually allow you to record. I have not yet encountered an issue with copyrights. I am sure I will encounter issues later, but such is life, and will deal with it at the time. I am a small-time uploader, and these big wigs with copyrights ownership have a lot other big fish to deal with, and that is the reality. Just being real.

• for vocal processing, here is my set-up:
      2 mics; Shure SM-58 (guitar), and Ear Trumpet Labs "Edwina" (vocals) [purposedly hidden from camera view]
      INTO - Yamaha MG10FX Mixer (I am using room reverb #6)
      INTO - UAD Volt 2/76 Audio Interface (love the built-in compressor and vintage mic preamp)
      INTO - IMAC, I am using Quick Time Player recording a movie
      Thanks for asking.
      Rene

@LinearLineman said:
    Frankly, I never liked this song, but you make it more than tolerable. Any sales yet on Distrokid?

++++++++++
    Hi LinearLineman,
    Distrokid is not able to give me details until after 2-3 months, they say.
    If you used the subscription button I sent you, then I will receive 10 dollars, thank you!!!
    Again, it will not show until about 3 months.
    I joined Distrokid about 3 weeks ago.
    There are a few streams I can sense from Spotify, but like McD said, it will take in excess of a million streams before I can have some money flowing in.
    Such is life, and I am doing this not for money, but money is helpful and good if it happens.
    I know that there's services out there that one can pay and there guarantee thousands of streams on their creations, and I am not doing that, hahahahaha.
    Thanks for asking , Mike!!!
    Rene

• edited August 2022

I’m not in a spot where I can listen right now, but great song! I look forward to hearing your version later.

Worth mentioning on the original is the incredible bass and drum work of Joe Osborn and Hal Blaine.

• edited August 2022

My YT subscriptions are loaded with synth, techno, trance and other electronic and EDM type of content apart from plain music production channels. Now there is also this guy named Rene singing while playing his guitar😊.

Magic and relaxing to listen to👊.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• This song contains SPOILERS for “The Wizard of Oz”. Toto turns out to be a Yacht Rock Band and the witches get their own musical and resort to green face which is highly offensive the Frog Prince!

Nice guitar work on this one @ReneAsologuitar and a solid vocal. I just wish you would get Cubasis and add the harmonies. There are other cheaper DAW’s to start with.

Harmonies would open the door to that Pointer Sisters catalog you’ve been eyeing not to mention CSNY and sometimes Joni.

Go for it! DAW! DAW! Or even Loopy Pro which just asks you to record multiple Loop and fire them off in concert.

• @mrufino1 said:
    I’m not in a spot where I can listen right now, but great song! I look forward to hearing your version later.
    Worth mentioning on the original is the incredible bass and drum work of Joe Osborn and Hal Blaine.

++++++++++
    Hi mrufino,
    Thanks for the notice, and listen later comment.
    The bass and drums for this song is truly amazing.
    Thanks for the feedback.
    Rene

@DMfan said:
    My YT subscriptions are loaded with synth, techno, trance and other electronic and EDM type of content apart from plain music production channels. Now there is also this guy named Rene singing while playing his guitar😊.
    Magic and relaxing to listen to👊.
    /DMfan🇸🇪

++++++++++
    Hi DMfan,
    I am so thankful for your subscription, DMNfan!!!
    I am so humbled to be part of there synth and techno/trance and electronic world!!!
    You are simply awesome.
    Love this feedback!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

@McD said:
    This song contains SPOILERS for “The Wizard of Oz”. Toto turns out to be a Yacht Rock Band and the witches get their own musical and resort to green face which is highly offensive the Frog Prince!
    Nice guitar work on this one @ReneAsologuitar and a solid vocal. I just wish you would get Cubasis and add the harmonies. There are other cheaper DAW’s to start with.
    Harmonies would open the door to that Pointer Sisters catalog you’ve been eyeing not to mention CSNY and sometimes Joni.
    Go for it! DAW! DAW! Or even Loopy Pro which just asks you to record multiple Loop and fire them off in concert.

++++++++++
    Hi McD,
    When I started recording, before I started my YouTube channel, I had recorded an album which is DAW based, and I was using Studio One DAW.
    I was recording one track at a time, my guitar, my vocals, and my wife's vocals.
    Sometimes, I add another guitar, and another vocal harmony.
    But I mainly stuck with three tracks, guitar +vocal 1 and 2.
    You are saying, that I can continue with doing this live recording, then feed it back into DAW as one track, and then add additional tracks as desired.
    If I get really serious with this Distrokid recordings of original compositions, I will have to go this DAW route.
    Its coming, this is a natural progression.
    Thanks McD!!!!
    Respectfully,
    Rene

• Another cover that really works well with your voice and playing. I must confess, I did think this was Crosby Stills and Nash for the longest time.
    Great song. Well done

• Really awesome job like always! Upbeat, happy, but still heartfelt and wonderful to listen to mate. :)

• @MadeofWax said:
    Another cover that really works well with your voice and playing. I must confess, I did think this was Crosby Stills and Nash for the longest time.
    Great song. Well done

I love CSNY as well, and I wanted to cover some of their songs as well, thanks for the reminder!!!
    Love your comments!
    Thank you so much!
    Rene

• @jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Really awesome job like always! Upbeat, happy, but still heartfelt and wonderful to listen to mate. :)

Thank you, as always for your great support, jwm!!!
    And welcome back to your stumping area of music.
    Keep 'em coming.
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar said:

@jwmmakerofmusic said:
    Really awesome job like always! Upbeat, happy, but still heartfelt and wonderful to listen to mate. :)

Thank you, as always for your great support, jwm!!!
    And welcome back to your stumping area of music.
    Keep 'em coming.
    Rene

Thank you so much! I appreciate you. ☺️

• Keep the music coming jwm!!!

• Great voice and guitar as usual but the song doesn’t do anything for me… now if it was Horse with no name… 🐴

• @GeoTony said:
    Great voice and guitar as usual but the song doesn’t do anything for me… now if it was Horse with no name… 🐴

++++++++++
    Hi Tony,
    I will try to get that song lined up.
    Thank you for the reminder.
    Love your comment!!!
    Rene