Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Red Sails in the sunset (Pure Piano & Beathawk bass)

DavDav
edited August 2022 in Creations

Red Sails in the sunset is a 1935 standard. This track is using Pure Piano and Total Bass from BeatHawk. Maybe I will add trumpet on it someday.

Listening to all of @LinearLineman great piano & bass recordings inspired me to do something like this. I was testing out the new TB Multiband compressor, playing some old songs, and hit record in AUM first. Added the bass to it afterwards.

Thanks @LinearLineman for the inspiration.

Comments

• Classic and excellent with some unexpected chording to boot.. Are you posting on SoundCloud?

• @LinearLineman said:
    Classic and excellent with some unexpected chording to boot.. Are you posting on SoundCloud?

Thanks. No, I'm not on anything yet, but am looking soundcloud over. Thought I'd maybe make a youtube channel though because it's free. I dunno. Trying to decide.

• Outstanding! You should definitely post on Soundcloud and Bandcamp.

• BandCamp is free (they take a small percentage of sale). SoundCloud allows a small amount of space free (you can delete and add. $144 a yr unlimited use). Distrokid is $20 a yr unlimited and they distribute to stores without taking a cut.

• Very inspired and inspiring interpretation!

• Great musical sense and composition.
    Agree with Linear Lineman and Paulieworld.
    Great recommendations for digital music distribution.
    Go for it.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Rene

• Thanks @Paulieworld, @JanKun, @ReneAsologuitar. It’s pretty fun having all these great sounds at my fingertips to play with. Pure Piano is a good sounding piano. And the total bass from beathawk fits it good, I can see why @LinearLineman likes to use them together.

Thanks for the music streaming suggestions . I’ll set up an account somewhere.

• Lovely piece, thanks for posting.

• You could get one of those upscale piano bar gigs. I love that style… my dad played almost like that but without the good voice leading and more subtle chord extensions. But all my ear and self-taught. When stationed in remote parts of the world he would always find a piano bar and listen and sit-in. It was his primary release and he had a nice tenor voice to sing along with his arrangements. My mother’s voice was epically good. My dad heard her sing in a talent show (which she won) and the result was fated to be.

She loved good singers and stopped singing in her 40’s because she couldn’t maintain her standards. When she laughed I could hear that voice again so I learned to make her laugh just to hear it.

I think you should go the YouTube route and video your hands. Just understand they won’t pay you to play covers. But maybe the really old tunes are public domain and you could see a little change in your purse.

• DavDav
    edited August 2022

Thanks, @GeoTony.

@McD: Thats a nice story. Blessing to have a musical family. Actually I do a good bit of piano/singing gigs with old song like this in retirement communities in the area, but I usually play them rather normal so people can follow them easier. I probably will do a YouTube channel, I have some video making ideas I’d like to explore.

• Sweet chord work @Dav - more please.

• Another hit in my database archive.