Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

TB MBC - Multi-Band Compressor from ToneBoosters

@DJB I am starting a new thread because every ToneBoosters release deserves a launch thread and the other thread still says 'coming soon'

TB MBC - the ultimate Multi-Band Compressor https://apps.apple.com/ca/app/tb-mbc/id1634911966

TB MBC is a multi-band dynamics processor and analog saturator, providing a wealth of tools to sculpt your audio tracks. With up to 10 fully configurable bands, 2 compressor curves per band, positive and negative saturation, and external side chain support, it is the most complete and versatile multi-band compressor available for iOS today.

Features:

• Up to 10 frequency bands

• Every band has two compressor curves

• Upward and downward compression in each band

• Positive and negative (expansive) saturation per band

• Mid-side processing per band (for stereo input)

• External side chain compression per band

• Manual or automatic, program-dependent release

• Configurable compression knee and compression range parameters

• Audition mode per band

• 2nd order or 4th order cross-over network

• Dry/wet mixing control for parallel / New York style compression

• High Quality mode using internal oversampling

• Spectrum analyser with various graphic presentation modes

• Input and output gain parameters, and output digital VU meter

• AUv3 with resizable UI and dozens of color themes to choose from

• Preset management including import and export options

• Undo, redo, A/B switching

• Inter-app audio (IAA) support

What you should know:

• Inter-App Audio (IAA) can only use one instance of this app simultaneously. We recommend to use an AUv3 host to use multiple instances.

• Licenses acquired for this platform are not compatible with other platforms.

• Audio Unit (AUv3) extensions require an iPad mini 2, iPad 4 or later models.

How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Apple Garageband for iOS:

https://support.apple.com/en-au/guide/garageband-ipad/chse67d3af5f/ipadossteinb

How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Steinberg Cubasis for iOS:

https://download.steinberg.net/downloads_software/Cubasis/Cubasis_3_Web_Help/EF_Rack.html

How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in Audio Evolution Mobile Studio for iOS:

https://www.audio-evolution.com/manual/ios/html/AudioUnitsandIAA.html

How to use this app as AUv3 plug-in in AUM - Audio mixer:

http://kymatica.com/aum/help#toc71

Comments

• edited August 2022

Beatmakers trick from @eylvy

• @gusgranite said:
    Best makers trick from @eylvy

But can those parameter changes be automated? That's something I haven't found out yet.

• This is a desktop version first impression. They highlight the pros and cons against one of Melda Production’s beastmode compressors which I’m not sure is fair. Feature for feature, not many can go up against Melda, but they rightly point out that the ToneBoosters UI, workflow, price, is much more attractive. (I still love Melda though and when they sell for 70% off they are more competitive in pricing. Whatever. We get both options from two distinct and amazing developers!)

• edited August 2022

@gusgranite said:
    This is a desktop version first impression. They highlight the pros and cons against one of Melda Production’s beastmode compressors which I’m not sure is fair. Feature for feature, not many can go up against Melda, but they rightly point out that the ToneBoosters UI, workflow, price, is much more attractive. (I still love Melda though and when they sell for 70% off they are more competitive in pricing. Whatever. We get both options from two distinct and amazing developers!)

Ease of use and having a smart set of practical functions means getting up and running immediately with Toneboosters apps. That's a pretty great combo for production work.

• @NeuM said:

@gusgranite said:
    Best makers trick from @eylvy

But can those parameter changes be automated? That's something I haven't found out yet.

Good question, maybe this can be achieved using Drambo's automation or an app like 4pocket's MidiMixer for that.

• edited July 2023

Could some kind TB MBC +AUM owner look up the Node Latency for former in the latter @ 128 buffer , please ?
    I’m disappointed to discover FabFilter Pro-MB is 20ms , so would be looking to purchase this if much lower latency.
    Thanks

• @RetroNewb said:
    Could some kind TB MBC +AUM owner look up the Node Latency for former in the latter @ 128 buffer , please ?
    I’m disappointed to discover FabFilter Pro-MB is 20ms , so would be looking to purchase this if much lower latency.
    Thanks

Are you talking about the time offset node? Am I supposed to measure something? Lemme know how to help. I have buffer set to 128.

• edited July 2023
  • @Blipsford_Baubie thanks
    load TB MBC into fx , tap Battery / info icon top left

tap Node statistics in menu , then Latency header on Node Stats page

• @pruddo many thanks ,your post hadn’t appeared when I last posted …

wow 1ms is certainly worth my money for live use .

thanks also to @Blipsford_Baubie

• You can disable ‘look ahead’ in FF Pro-MB to get rid of the latency…

• edited July 2023

@Samu you forgot to mic drop ! your contribution deserved one
    of course ! , thanks so much .. I’d overlooked that …

thanks all

• No problem @RetroNewb , hey thanks to you too! I learned something new about AUM today.

• Funny, I started this thread but never ended up getting the TB MBC as I already had FF ProMB. Revisiting this I see that the TB also has saturation and drive per band. That’s about the biggest difference I think. Has anyone compared?

• @gusgranite said:
    Funny, I started this thread but never ended up getting the TB MBC as I already had FF ProMB. Revisiting this I see that the TB also has saturation and drive per band. That’s about the biggest difference I think. Has anyone compared?

For me FF Pro-MB has an edge in that it can also do downward-expansion (ie. reduce everything bellow the set threshold) which is especially handy for reducing high-frequency noise that might creep in and leave everything else intact.

They have their unique features and I would not replace one with the other.
    (I already had FF Pro-MB when I got TB MBC and saw that they both have their use-cases).

I most often pick the FF Pro-MB over TB MBC for multi band compression but prefer TB Barricade for FF Pro-L2, they are booth good tools and both honestly worthy to be part of any toolbox.

• MBC has two compression curves per band?

• @pruddo said:
    MBC has two compression curves per band?

True, but I really miss downward expansion option which would make the options for each band in TB MBC 'perfect'.
    (I tend to prefer the a 'downward expansion' & 'compression/limiting' combination).

• @RetroNewb If you disable Lookahead, FabFilter Pro MB works without latency ( 0ms ).

• edited July 2023

@_ki yes , thanks , @Samu reminded me earlier in the thread ,
    (& I’ve been kicking myself since , can’t believe I’d overlooked that .)

sorry for the trouble folks …I’ll show my (bruised) self out

• @RetroNewb said:
    @_ki yes , thanks , @Samu reminded me earlier in the thread ,
    (& I’ve been kicking myself since , can’t believe I’d overlooked that .)

sorry for the trouble folks …I’ll show my (bruised) self out

Im glad you bumped this thread. Got me interested in this again.

• Well I just came back to say - though I now won’t be buying TB MBC - I may well be getting TB Barricade !

My subsequent research on FF Pro-L is that there is NO zero latency option , different modes do affect latency ,
    but even lowest Transparent or Punchy modes with Peak Limiter off & Lookahead @ 0 (although Lookahead doesn't seem to affect AUM Latency reading ) is 10.5 ms , whereas TB Barricade is advertised as <3ms .
    Unless I’m wrong again about FF , it seems TB wins latency battle for Limiters .

I’m looking to use Ipad as Live FX for guitar playing, so these ms matter to me .