Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Song Of The Month Club - August 2022

What is the Song of the Month Club?

It's a place where musicians come to give and receive feedback on their work. Anyone is welcome, whatever their level of ability.

The spirit of the club is to contribute: if you submit a song for others to comment on, you should also have the courtesy to listen to everyone else's contributions and give as much feedback as possible. Posting a track and not listening and commenting on others is not cool.

The purpose of feedback is to be honest. Essentially you should give your truthful impressions of the song, whether good or bad. Negative feedback, if done in the right spirit and with courtesy, can be the most useful and can help the artist to grow and improve and correct their mistakes.

All submissions are welcome, don't hesitate if you want to contribute. We like all kinds of music and we are particularly fond of vocals (but of course we still love a great instrumental). If you are thinking of experimenting with vocals this is a good place to get started.

We ask that you only post one song per month in this thread - if you're lucky enough to be able to produce more, then please just submit your strongest material

And finally, iOS is not a requirement for posting here. If you've recorded your song using nothing but a ukulele and a Fostex 4 track, that's fine.

Comments

  • My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

    What we are, who can say?
    Just a mayfly for a day
    Who am I, who are you?
    We don’t really have a clue

    Some days
    Some days when we were dreaming
    Some days so full of meaning
    Some days we threw away

    And so
    We’re longing for tomorrow
    In happiness or sorrow
    I guess we’ll be ok

    What to do, who can tell?
    It’s not heaven it’s not hell
    But we try anyway
    Even if we lose our way

    Some days
    Some days when we were dreaming
    Some days so full of meaning
    Some days we threw away

    And so
    We’re longing for tomorrow
    In happiness or sorrow
    I guess we’ll be ok

  • This is a music track that I improvised on an iPad with Animoog Z, Module Pro, Model 15, TAL-U-NO-LX, and Continua. I used MIDI Tape Recorder (within AUM) to capture the performance and AUM to record the audio.

    After bringing the AUM recording over to my PC, I applied the Lurssen Mastering Console plug-in to the audio mix within Vegas Pro.

    (This time, I used the original MIDI Tape Recorder track to record a separate audio track with just the cello sound, which I layered in later while editing in Vegas Pro.)

    It's titled Early Morning.

  • I think I finished 8 songs last month. Vacation from work and a few rainy days and some flow.

    Here is one of my favourites, This song just ”made itself ” in an afternoon when I just played around in my daw a bit, and it emerged from nothing then I just put it all togheter whith mix master in an hour after.

  • edited August 4

    @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

    What we are, who can say?
    Just a mayfly for a day
    Who am I, who are you?
    We don’t really have a clue

    Some days
    Some days when we were dreaming
    Some days so full of meaning
    Some days we threw away

    And so
    We’re longing for tomorrow
    In happiness or sorrow
    I guess we’ll be ok

    What to do, who can tell?
    It’s not heaven it’s not hell
    But we try anyway
    Even if we lose our way

    Some days
    Some days when we were dreaming
    Some days so full of meaning
    Some days we threw away

    And so
    We’re longing for tomorrow
    In happiness or sorrow
    I guess we’ll be ok

    Nice track, Richard ! I especially like the stereo guitars and the texture created by the short delay on your vocals ! Nice build as well ! Will this one will also be aired on the BBC?

  • @JanKun said:

    @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

    What we are, who can say?
    Just a mayfly for a day
    Who am I, who are you?
    We don’t really have a clue

    Some days
    Some days when we were dreaming
    Some days so full of meaning
    Some days we threw away

    And so
    We’re longing for tomorrow
    In happiness or sorrow
    I guess we’ll be ok

    What to do, who can tell?
    It’s not heaven it’s not hell
    But we try anyway
    Even if we lose our way

    Some days
    Some days when we were dreaming
    Some days so full of meaning
    Some days we threw away

    And so
    We’re longing for tomorrow
    In happiness or sorrow
    I guess we’ll be ok

    Nice track, Richard ! I especially like the stereo guitars and the texture created by the short delay on your vocals ! Nice build as well ! Will this one will also be aired on the BBC?

    Thanks! I haven't submitted it to BBC Radio Kent, I've only submitted a small handful of tracks so far, three of which were played on air. I usually wait a month or two before deciding if a track is worth submitting, once I have a more objective view after some time has passed. I'm not sure how I feel about this song yet.

  • Summer of love #2

    Pour 1000 ans
    Based on Louis Aragon - Le Fou d'Elsa

    Whether it's Sunday or Monday
    Evening or morning midnight
    In hell or in heaven
    The loves to the lovers resemble

    My love what was will be
    The sky is over us like a sheet
    I closed my arms on you
    And I love you so much that I tremble

    As long as you want,
    We'll sleep together

    As long as you want,
    We'll sleep together

  • @richardyot said:
    My entry for the month, lyrics in the spoiler:

    What we are, who can say?
    Just a mayfly for a day
    Who am I, who are you?
    We don’t really have a clue

    Some days
    Some days when we were dreaming
    Some days so full of meaning
    Some days we threw away

    And so
    We’re longing for tomorrow
    In happiness or sorrow
    I guess we’ll be ok

    What to do, who can tell?
    It’s not heaven it’s not hell
    But we try anyway
    Even if we lose our way

    Some days
    Some days when we were dreaming
    Some days so full of meaning
    Some days we threw away

    And so
    We’re longing for tomorrow
    In happiness or sorrow
    I guess we’ll be ok

    Very strong chorus on this one! I like the atmosphere and the soft middle part, and as always good song structure/arangement

  • edited August 8

    @martinsa82 said:
    I think I finished 8 songs last month. Vacation from work and a few rainy days and some flow.

    Here is one of my favourites, This song just ”made itself ” in an afternoon when I just played around in my daw a bit, and it emerged from nothing then I just put it all togheter whith mix master in an hour after.

    Well done for creating 8 tracks in a month! That's awesome. And that feeling when something emerges out of nothing is the best thing about creativity: one minute you have nothing, and out of nowhere something cool emerges, it's magic :)

    I love the atmosphere in this piece, and the understated arrangement works beautifully to highlight the piano. There is a great mix of repetition and evolution, which creates a very effective progression and keeps you listening to the end.

    The mood it conjures is really interesting because there is a sort of insistence in the repeated piano groove, which creates tension, which contrasts with the chilled-out production and the improvised melodies, so it's a mixture of edgy and chilled.

Sign In or Register to comment.