Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

“Prey for Whirled Peas”

Another hospital iPhone creation… perfect vegetarian trance workout tune, IMHO. Rather hypnotic. I’d like to be associated with vegetarian trance. “Beets me.”

https://on.soundcloud.com/5gDVac3CTZHsZhdt9

Comments

• I hope you are doing fine.
    When I hear "hospital", I am a bit curious and worried.
    ... but then, workout tune and vegetarian - you must be doing great!!!
    The huge tree in front of the house in the pic is magnificent - love the tree!!!
    Rene

• McDMcD
    edited August 2022

@ReneAsologuitar said:

I hope you are doing fine.
    When I hear "hospital", I am a bit curious and worried.

My wife in the hospital... 4 surgeries in 16 months and maybe one more.

... but then, workout tune and vegetarian - you must be doing great!!!

I'm trying to get on top of things for when she comes home and needs a lot of caretaking.
    Otherwise, it's so easy to just slip into hat I was like before she pulled me out of the gutter 48 years ago.

The huge tree in front of the house in the pic is magnificent - love the tree!!!

I was walking and this guy was looking up and then he got out this cool camera and starting taking pictures. So, I looked up too and got out my phone.

Rene

McD

Thanks for the comments.

• Cool track, it is amazing what you can create whilst out of the office. Hope your wife is feeling better soon.

• It’s good to hear about reciprocal love, a beautiful thing, best wishes to you both.

• I really dig this! There’s a nice contrast of organic sounding ethnic drums and the electronic from the pads and arps. The result is quite exotic and entrancing. I especially like the round smooth sound and effect of that arp that starts bubbling up and down later in the track. Would love to hear more like this. 👍

Lovely tree!

Your play on words for the title reminded me of a huge graffiti that was sprayed on the outside of a bridge going over the M25 just outside London. “Give Peas A Chance” It was up there for years! 😁

Best luck to your wife for her recovery and wishing you both well. 🙏

• Very nice. Relaxing. Like a soundtrack for someone on a journey. I like the change at 3:00. I would have done that one more time earlier in the track followed by a short key change. Just a thought. I like structure and variety. That's probably why I can't do ambient.

Hope your wife recovers soon. Peace to both of you.

• edited August 2022
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @Toastedghost said:
    Cool track, it is amazing what you can create whilst out of the office. Hope your wife is feeling better soon.

It’s so painful working on an iphone but visiting hours run from 10 to 8 so more time to do something is a nice feature.

Usually I binge good TV content. I have “Dark Wind” on my mind since it’s based on a Tony Hillerman ‘res’ detective novel. 6 hours of distraction.

• @knewspeak said:
    It’s good to hear about reciprocal love, a beautiful thing, best wishes to you both.

We have an anniversary on Friday: 44 years.

Thanks for setting aside any feelings generated by my passionate stance on Ukraine.

I recommend everyone watch the movie “Mr. Jones” which shows that Stalin took Ukraine’s grain and created a famine in Ukraine that killed millions. The scene when the children ask for food is heart breaking. Andrea Chalupa is one of the creators. Russia has been killing Ukrainians for centuries. I went to college with a son of an immigrant Ukrainian that explained how his father hated Russians for how they treated his country.

So, thanks. I will probably blow up again on the Uk thread so it’s good we have common ground on music.

Given enough time I’d probably learn to see how you got to your views. Just hating the US and how we behave around the world is probably enough… but Putin. Wow.

• @Spidericemidas said:
    I really dig this! There’s a nice contrast of organic sounding ethnic drums and the electronic from the pads and arps. The result is quite exotic and entrancing. I especially like the round smooth sound and effect of that arp that starts bubbling up and down later in the track. Would love to hear more like this. 👍

Lovely tree!

Your play on words for the title reminded me of a huge graffiti that was sprayed on the outside of a bridge going over the M25 just outside London. “Give Peas A Chance” It was up there for years! 😁

Best luck to your wife for her recovery and wishing you both well. 🙏

Heads up people… that’s how you review some homemade music.

Thanks @Spidericemidas. How do you feel about making complexed layered instruments in AudioLayer?

• @ReflectiveHaze said:
    Nice tune! Just curious about the apps/sounds you used to make it.

3 instances of Meesha scripts in Mozaic driving 3 ROLI Noise instances. Then Lumbeats Indian Drummer and MidEast Drummer.

Then the AUM keyboard also routed to the Noise instances.

The arp trickery involved using interesting PPQN setting in the Meesha scripts. Set one to 2 and another to 3 and you get some cool 12/8 Celtic patterns.

Later I drive the PPQN to 4,5,6,7,8 on one instance. The BPM in AUM was 60 so the PPQN acts as a fluttering bee around the really slow drummers. So, busy but not too manic.

I’ve been toying with PPQN polyrhythms for months. You can point Mozaic instances at the same app and get fascinating rhythms out of it.

Now I want to change the roots in concert by 3rds and get that Median chord progression fantasy sound going. Then changing scales across them would complete the application of the theory.

Thanks for the question. The IAP’s for Noise are great by the way. @GeoTony uses them too and it saves a lot of time to disk in something cinematic. Noise however is slowly becoming buggy in AUM. They seem to be pulling back on maintenance. Still the sounds are epic.

• @McD Have a happy anniversary and hopefully many more, even though we may disagree or agree, it is relevant, but love, above all, that’s precious <3

• @knewspeak said:
    @McD Have a happy anniversary and hopefully many more, even though we may disagree or agree, it is relevant, but love, above all, that’s precious <3

True. My passion for Ukraine to control their border comes straight from my love for humanity.

In the end we both want peace. We just disagree on the path to get there.

• "How do you feel about making complexed layered instruments in AudioLayer?"

Hmm. I got AudioLayer when it first came out, but have never gotten around to looking into it or using it. Perhaps when I've run out of synths to program, this could be the next logical step for me on the sound design journey! 😉

• @Spidericemidas said:
    "How do you feel about making complexed layered instruments in AudioLayer?"

Hmm. I got AudioLayer when it first came out, but have never gotten around to looking into it or using it. Perhaps when I've run out of synths to program, this could be the next logical step for me on the sound design journey! 😉

Check into the sound design being done on PianoBook.co.uk. They make home made samples and share them in SFZ, DecentSampler, EXS24 or Kontakt. Each sample set has a demo and they are beyond synths and into the realm of layered found sounds. Film composers are all over these type of products and AudioLayer is our best tool to emulate this sound engineering activity. Using the mod wheel is one of the keys to triggering something pretty magical.

• @McD said:

@Spidericemidas said:
    "How do you feel about making complexed layered instruments in AudioLayer?"

Check into the sound design being done on PianoBook.co.uk. They make home made samples and share them in SFZ, DecentSampler, EXS24 or Kontakt. Each sample set has a demo and they are beyond synths and into the realm of layered found sounds. Film composers are all over these type of products and AudioLayer is our best tool to emulate this sound engineering activity. Using the mod wheel is one of the keys to triggering something pretty magical.

Ok. I think I touched on this idea a little bit when I made the presets for Mitosynth a long time ago. Mito allows you to blend layers made up of imported samples, subtractive and additive synthesis. E.g. for one of those presets I recorded a shot of my finger cymbals, then I recorded some scissors being snipped and processed that in Spacecraft to make something more interesting and scapey, then I imported those into Mito and blended with some subtractive and additive for pads and shimmers. With Mito you can set the length of time to blend smoothly between each layer, loop them or have some as one-shots i.e. for transients and initial sounds. The result is something very hybrid and more cinematic than just standard synthesis can produce. So yeah I get what you mean, and I'm guessing AudioLayer would allow for much more complex patches in this style. It's quite a playground on offer and rather exciting to think about!

• Enjoyed the track and it’s great that you are still managing to be creative given the tough time you are (both) going through.
    Hope Friday is a lovely day for you.
    The GUI in Noise has gone worse (for me) since the last AUM version dropped but sounds are intact and I can still access the 5 tweakable parameters both physically and via CC messages so all good in that respect.