Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

(Solved) Launchpad Pro not working with iPad Air 3?

edited August 2022 in Knowledge Base

I got my Launchpad controller in the mail yesterday, and I am happy with how it works on my computer (both PC and laptop running Windows 11). However, my iPad Air 3 doesn't seem to recognize it. I tried using the USB-powered hub that worked for my MOTU M2, I tried a different USB cable, I tried both of my lightning camera adapters, but my iPad did not seem to recognize it. However, it still recognized my Korg Microkey Air. Is there something I need to do for the Launchpad Pro Mk 3?

Edit: I realized I only had to power the iPad using the lightning portion of the adapter so the Launchpad would work directly with the iPad.

Comments

• @frosttrance_7 said:
    I got my Launchpad controller in the mail yesterday, and I am happy with how it works on my computer (both PC and laptop running Windows 11). However, my iPad Air 3 doesn't seem to recognize it. I tried using the USB-powered hub that worked for my MOTU M2, I tried a different USB cable, I tried both of my lightning camera adapters, but my iPad did not seem to recognize it. However, it still recognized my Korg Microkey Air. Is there something I need to do for the Launchpad Pro Mk 3?

Did you try to plug it into your MOTU M2 with the 5 pins midi cable?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

I was using the MOTU M2 to send audio. Turns out I had to power my iPad using the lightning part of the camera kit, and now my Launchpad works directly with the camera kit adapter!

• @frosttrance_7 said:

@Montreal_Music said:

@frosttrance_7 said:

I was using the MOTU M2 to send audio. Turns out I had to power my iPad using the lightning part of the camera kit, and now my Launchpad works directly with the camera kit adapter!

Yes. Connecting power to the CCK makes more 5 V DC current available to the USB port, enough to power the Launchpad Pro.