Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

app/technique that makes an unrecognizable clipping mangle?

2»

Comments

• @Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @Gravitas : to finish the series, here is that same project without stepbud running. I am tapping the loops to trigger them (normally would use my Launchpad, though)

What are the settings for Loop playback?

Are they set for one shots?

These are loaded as loops. Phase Lock is on. So, when the transport is running, each loops play head stays synched. In this mode playing a loop essentially unmutes it and “stopping“ just mutes it. I have quantization off. As soon as I touch a loop, it plays/unmutes. Also, all the loops are in a group set to allow only one loop at a time. So , playing a loop, mutes the loop that was playing. It’s like I have 12 turntables running in sync and am unmuting one at a time.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:
    @Gravitas : to finish the series, here is that same project without stepbud running. I am tapping the loops to trigger them (normally would use my Launchpad, though)

These are loaded as loops. Phase Lock is on. So, when the transport is running, each loops play head stays synched.

Ahhh so that's what it does.

In this mode playing a loop essentially unmutes it and “stopping“ just mutes it.

Yup, makes sense.

I have quantization off. As soon as I touch a loop, it plays/unmutes. Also, all the loops are in a group set to allow only one loop at a time.

Nice.
    Okay, I'll try this as well.

So , playing a loop, mutes the loop that was playing. It’s like I have 12 turntables running in sync and am unmuting one at a time.

Yeah,...fun.

• @Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

These are loaded as loops. Phase Lock is on. So, when the transport is running, each loops play head stays synched.

In this mode playing a loop essentially unmutes it and “stopping“ just mutes it.

Yup, makes sense.

I have quantization off. As soon as I touch a loop, it plays/unmutes. Also, all the loops are in a group set to allow only one loop at a time.

Nice.

So , playing a loop, mutes the loop that was playing. It’s like I have 12 turntables running in sync and am unmuting one at a time.

Yeah,...fun.

Another in application is having a variety of drone clips and setting fade in/out in the global settings so you will get a crossfade when switching.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

Yup, makes sense.

Nice.

Yeah,...fun.

Another in application is having a variety of drone clips and setting fade in/out in the global settings so you will get a crossfade when switching.

I presume you're using midi to do sequencer muting/unmuting?
    Does changing the playback quantise settings affect the recording quantise?

• @Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

Yup, makes sense.

Nice.

Yeah,...fun.

In the first few examples, the stepbud midi sequencer is running the play toggles. In the last example , I am tapping on the donuts to do the pjay toggle. The recording (the blue donuts) is done with retrospective recording… it is set up here to grab the last 2 bar cycle that preceded my tapping on the blue donut.

I didn’t use any play quantizing.

I hope that answered your questions. I’ll start a thread soon and post the template there.

• @espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

@Gravitas said:

@espiegel123 said:

Yup, makes sense.

Nice.

Yeah,...fun.

In the first few examples, the stepbud midi sequencer is running the play toggles. In the last example , I am tapping on the donuts to do the pjay toggle. The recording (the blue donuts) is done with retrospective recording… it is set up here to grab the last 2 bar cycle that preceded my tapping on the blue donut.

I was referring more to the overall behaviour of a loop.
    I have my loops setup to straightforward record at whatever length and set to quantise.
    So...
    blank clip/press clip/records automatically to length/ press clip/ plays back or stops.

I hope that answered your questions. I’ll start a thread soon and post the template there.

Thank you for answering my questions.
    You've given me a lot to experiment with.

• @Gravitas : I use a number of different play/record quantization schemes, depending on my use-case. Loopy Pro is so flexible in this regard -- and is likely to add some more options that will intelligently adapt to the context for recording length quantization. Recently, there was a cool refinement so that you can punch in at any point to start a loop and have it punch out when it has reached the right length -- so you can punch in early or late (let's say) on a four bar loop and the loop finish recording when the length is four bars AND adjust itself so that it stays in sync with whatever you were playing a long with. So, if your phrase starts on the and of 4, you can punch in there and it will stop when it wraps back around.

• the same clips as in the first example but the clip speed and pitch altered

• Clipping & mangle…

SECTOR to mangle
    Scatterbrain to mangle
    Kai MM1 to mangle
    Beatcutter to mangle
    GlitchCore to…

Turnado to mangle and distort

LoFi nembrini to distort and saturate
    Lo-Fi Dirt to distort
    Sawsound to distort

There’s a handful for ya

• @audiblevideo said:
    Clipping & mangle…

SECTOR to mangle
    Scatterbrain to mangle
    Kai MM1 to mangle
    Beatcutter to mangle
    GlitchCore to…

Turnado to mangle and distort

LoFi nembrini to distort and saturate
    Lo-Fi Dirt to distort
    Sawsound to distort

There’s a handful for ya

Please remember to tidy up afterwards.

• Also flipping between four ‘flattened’ and randomised sections in Blocs Wave can get good results too.