Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Multiple instances of Beathawk AUv3 in Cubasis 3 problem

I am working on a song in Cubasis 3, using Beathawk as an AUv3 instrument on a MIDI track, which works fine. However, adding Beathawk as an instrument on a second track intermittently crashes the first instance, which stops producing sound. If I add it on a third track, the second one intermittently crashes. If I reopen the project, the AUs fail to load properly.

Am I doing something wrong, or is this a bug?

As a test, I set up four separate instances of Beathawk in AUM, sequenced by four separate MIDI processors, which worked fine.

I went a bit crazy on the last Beathawk IAP sale and would like to use it in Cubasis, so any tips welcome please. :)

Comments

• edited August 2022

Running (another) search after posting, I came across this post:

https://forums.steinberg.net/t/auv3-instruments-crashing-on-3-2/682490

As per that post I’ll switch off the Latency/multi-core settings to see if that might help.

• Fingers crossed, that seems to have fixed it. :)

• If It is indeed the multi-core cpu support that is causing the issues between Cubasis and BeatHawk it might be worth to alert UVI about it?

BeatHawk is if I recall correctly quite a memory/cpu hog so depending on the device being used that might also be one thing to watch out for...

• edited August 2022

I’ve reported the issue many months ago to UVI which never answered after their investigation and to Steinberg which was not able te repro…

Just disable multicore processing in Cubasis, it sucks to have to do that but no more crashes. Please report to them too.