Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

JWM - Blue Angels (Audio-Video Ambient)

This one is a little bit different as it's a video attached to a Facebook post lol.

https://www.facebook.com/100000993944035/posts/pfbid02FFAQFUZ9pZpdixcnjDvbFEohzJSppveoUP8K3JbEqWASrmghf21sKgyKT5VTQjucl/?d=n

It is set to "public", so anyone should be able to view it. This took me over a week to complete. The soundtrack was easy don't get me wrong, lol, but the video editing in Lumafusion was laborious! 😬 Luma is easy to use, but I had so much footage to edit down. Then I went into each section to zoom and pan.

I used Glitch Art Studio to add the old VHS effects. More production notes tomorrow. 🤩

Comments

• Hi Jim,
    Glorious soundscape.
    The footage of the Blue Angels is so nostalgic and brings back a lot of great memories.
    I love this production.
    Rene

• @ReneAsologuitar said:
    Hi Jim,
    Glorious soundscape.
    The footage of the Blue Angels is so nostalgic and brings back a lot of great memories.
    I love this production.
    Rene

Thanks so much mate. :) If you have a Facebook, we should definitely be friends on there. I don't post political stuff, just music, so it's a pretty safe account. :lol:

Production Notes for those who are curious...

I started by splicing together the various videos in Lumafusion to figure out how long the piece of Ambient would be.

The audio portion started by me creating an orchestral loop in AUM using a handful of Beathawks. I forgot what I did exactly, but I'm sure I had a peak limiter on the master buss, and I remember driving the MIDI with Atom Piano Roll 2.

I loaded this loop into AUM's File Player, forgot to slow it down (although that's okay as it sounds great as-is), and processed the sound through Wider, DAW Cassette (no tape noise), a lowpass filter, Crystalline, Eventide Shimmer, Bleass Granulizer, and Bleass Motion EQ.

Next I extracted a snippet of audio from the original recorded videos of the Blue Angels flying overhead. I used PaulXStretch to stretch this out to 7 minutes, loaded that into AUM's File Player, and processed it through Rymdigare, a highpass filter, and Bleass Compressor.

On the master buss, I put Bleass Compressor, DAW Cassette (with low tape noise), and a peak limiter to catch any peaks (of which there were none).

I then went back into Lumafusion and loaded the Ambient soundtrack and muted the original video clips. Then I got to editing the footage (mostly automated zooming and panning). This took a few days of on-and-off work. (I was also struggling through depression last week.) I exported the video and ran it through Glitch Studio video editor to apply the VHS effects.

That's when it was ready for upload to Facebook. Cheers.