Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

To Bebop Or Not To

Ravenscroft 275, Electric Vintage, BeatHawk Total Bass and Soft SoftDrummer.

Comments

• Hi, Mike! Really like the piano and double bass, but your drum pattern kills the track for me. I am sure you can find better pattern inside soft drummer to match this otherwise very good track.

• This is brilliant.

Sounds like Ornette Coleman and Miles Davis walked in on the gig and said,
    "hhmmm, here's Billy Cobham and when you're ready we'll pull out our horns"

Phrasing impeccable as always.

• Very nice, as always. After listening to this I explored some of your other songs. Rhapsody in Black in White is gorgeous, as well as Quiet Time. Is that Pure Piano on those? You really make these iOS pianos sound great.

• Very nice piano melody, very nostalgic.
    I have to agree with Gravitas, lovely music!!!
    I love this recording.
    Rene

• edited July 2022

Hi @JanKun, good to hear from you. Hope all is well. Sorry the drums don’t work for you. I have an off the grid concept of percussion, probably from listening to a lot of free jazz. For me, percussion can be an expression of energy, not necessarily tied to rhythm. I sometimes fire for effect. OTOH I didn’t use a clitrack on this one and that might be an inherent problem.

Thanks for listening @Gravitas. I’ve been scoring with you lately. That feels good.

@Davm I love PurePiano, I used it in Quiet Time? Rhapsody In Black and White was Ravenscroft,I think.. Glad you liked them.

• @LinearLineman

If I had half your talent on the keys I would be so happy.
    Listening to your music is always enjoyable.

Keep 'em coming.

• @Gravitas your keyboard chops are not too shabby. I’d actually like to be able to play like you do. It’s very jazzy and slick.

• McDMcD
    edited July 2022

If there’s a poll I’m saying “Not”.
    I’m all Bopped out and want more a world Music I think.

I remember these tracks where you add the drummer after laying down the improv. In 10 years there might be an AI plugin that can stitch two timelines together so they fit.

• @LinearLineman said:
    @Gravitas your keyboard chops are not too shabby. I’d actually like to be able to play like you do. It’s very jazzy and slick.

Thank you, the keyboard is the one instrument I'm the most insecure about.
    It took a long time for me to pluck up the courage
    to be able to play keys live or for recording.
    Anecdotal story....
    I once did a recording session for an album in the South of France
    and the pianist was Judy Blair.
    I had a tinkle on her grand piano during a break in the recording
    and she walked in as I was playing and she said
    "You've got the talent, why aren't playing?"
    So when I returned to the U.K I got serious.
    Listened to loads of Thelonious Monk which I'm sure you can
    hear in my playing especially in the semitone runs.
    She heard my first offerings and gave me gentle encouragement.

Judy is a wonderful musician and person.
    Absolutely amazing.
    It was a joy to work with her.

Here's Judy Blair's wiki;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Blair

• Call me weird but I like the drums coming in and out adding a little percussive flavor to the track instead of just laying down a predictable pulse. I’m not sure I’m qualified to answer “To Bebop or Not To”, but I like this!

• @LinearLineman said:
    Hi @JanKun, good to hear from you. Hope all is well. Sorry the drums don’t work for you. I have an off the grid concept of percussion, probably from listening to a lot of free jazz. For me, percussion can be an expression of energy, not necessarily tied to rhythm. I sometimes fire for effect. OTOH I didn’t use a clitrack on this one and that might be an inherent problem.

I understand what you mean about percussion as an expression of energy especially in the context of this track. To serve that purpose, I think you could give a go at just setting a drum kit you like on your DAW of choice and just fingerdrum a drum part instead of relying on an app offering too conventional drum pattern for this track, which to my taste, end up dissolving the energy you initially intended to infuse. You're obviously not a drummer but who cares? You have golden fingers, and you're in the free form and spontaneity realm here.
    I am not dismissing your track. On the opposite, I usually only comment on creations that speaks to me. And your piano part especially does. There is so much refreshing youthful energy, in your playing on this track that I just think it deserves a bit better to shine even better. Anyway, my two cents. Doing fine. What about you? No political feud these days?

• @McD proclaims the death of bop.
    @Gravitas gets help and becomes a fine keyboard player
    @MadeofWax likes out of whack drums
    @jankun goes diplomatic to try to effect change.

Another day of beautiful forum life.

• I'm diggin' it, daddio!

• A definite 'To' from me.

• It sounds almost intertwined with some runs that could have come from a late Baroque or early Classical composer, but definitely rooted in bebop-era jazz.

Never quite sure where it was heading next, which is a good thing. Nice piece.

• I like boppin' and I like bein' so, yeah, it's great as usual; even though you're holding us at gun point.

• @michael_m, yeah, I heard that classical lilt, too. And I never really know where it’s going, either.
    That’s the famous Cowboy Bebop @Stochastically. No violence intended. 🤓🤨☠️