Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Synthmaster One - Desktop Presets Missing

I was hoping someone could confirm or help me with an issue I’m having with SynthMaster One.

I purchased the desktop presets upgrade awhile ago for SM1, However the presets are not there, it’s 1250 presets. I restarted, I tried to restore the IAP purchase but nothing works. When pressing the Restore IAP button inside the app nothing happens. I only have 499 presets, and about the same amount available when I switch to the online preset bank, but I’m missing 1250 patches from the desktop upgrade and can’t seem to restore them.

Not sure if this is a know issue @kv331audio_bulent @kv331audio or not…

I’m on an iPad 6, iOS 15.6, was using the app in standalone. Haven’t tried to look for the presets in AU mode yet, I should do that, but they should be there in standalone. I feel like maybe the restore button is being weird and not working, but don’t know for sure.

Any guidance would be much appreciated, cheers!

Comments

• @Poppadocrock
    I’m wondering if you updated to the latest version of SM ONE for iPad that came a week ago.
    The following is just a report, not a special way to succeed in IAP registration(?) or restoration.

I tested it.

(I have previously purchased only the Desktop Presets Upgrade in the IAP for SM ONE for iPad.)
    (I have not purchased the SM ONE software for Windows or Mac or any expansions to it or bundles containing them.)

SM ONE for iPad was uninstalled and then reinstalled.
    (Registered User Name and e-mail address were not entered for this test.)

Loaded SM ONE for iPad in standalone mode.
    Tapped the name of the current preset in the upper center of the screen.
    Tapped Restore In-App Purchases from the Load Preset menu.
    Selected Desktop Presets Upgrade, tapped Restore Selected IAP, and tapped OK.
    When the download finished, tapped OK.
    The total number of presets is 1282.

My environment
    The version of SM ONE for iPad in the App store is 1.5.8
    iPad Pro 10.5
    iPadOS 14.8.1

• edited July 2022

I had to do use @CramDog method as well to restore the Desktop Preset Upgrade IAP after updating SM1 a week ago.
    The other Restore IAP buttons from the 'store' screens did nothing.

Unfortunately I then had some pretty bad issues with the presets sounding different, and I reported them to the developer a few days ago.
    So I'd recommend those that haven't updated SM1 not to do so for now.

• @belldu said:
    So I'd recommend those that haven't updated SM1 not to do so for now.

Oh, I updated right away the day the update came. What a terrible thing to do. Why does KV331 hurt me so much? As for SM2, it still crashes even with the latest version. …But I’m ok.
    Because I am......

Please watch 1:45-1:51.

…Just kidding. I’m not thinking of fighting against KV331 in the ring. I continue to report bugs to KV331 forever. I always have and I always will. Finding bugs is fun, like an egg hunt. Ha ha.
    …Just kidding.
    I am just kidding.

• I did update, I will try this asap. Thank you very much for the detailed report @cramdog I only just saw your post. Just a few hours ago I read the update notes and it does mention something about restore being moved or something like that, but I didn’t know any details, haven’t had a chance to check today. I will now. Gracias.

• Thanks for the info @belldu glad to know it’s been reported too. If I have any issues I’ll be sure to do the same.

• edited August 2022

Finally. Lol. That worked, I was toiling over it for a few days before I created the thread. I appreciate the help.

@belldu was there anything specific about the presets I could look out for? Was it all of them? Certain ones? I wanna see if I notice anything. Thanks.

• Some seem to sound not as full or rich as before… at least I think.

• Well I've got all kinds of issues I didn't have before, weird sounds and also hanging notes when stopping transport in AUM. Examples of sounds gone wrong are "DR Snare Delusion VS" which is now got a weird reverb on it, and "BAS Synthwave Bass 2" now glides, which is disastrous for an octave arp synthwave bass! There are others broken too I think. I sent the dev an AUM session with just SM1 controlled by Atom2 so this should be easy to replicate. The dev got back to me today and said they're taking a look so fingers crossed for a fix.

• This never seems to end, great-sounding as SM1&2 are, it’s really out of control with the “updates” constantly breaking the presets. With no way to roll back to the previous version(s), as they’re no longer in the app store.

• Restored all content, SM One now showing 2075 presets local and 476 user presets online. Not experiencing any abnormalities as described above (right now at least….). Any more examples of presets sounding strange?

SM One 1.5.8, iPadOS 15.6, iPad Air 4.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• I feel like everyone wants to play along with me on this... I'm sharing an AUM session (attached). Let's try to keep it positive though. It's never fun when stuff breaks for no reason, but I'm hoping it will unbreak just as easily (lets see how that ages...). So all you need is AUM, SM1, and Atom2. The bass should not be gliding and the snare is messed up too. It also hangs notes when i stop the transport. I'm not sharing this detail for a witch hunt, just if anyone else can figure out what's happened so we can provide better info.

• @belldu said:
    I feel like everyone wants to play along with me on this... I'm sharing an AUM session (attached). Let's try to keep it positive though. It's never fun when stuff breaks for no reason, but I'm hoping it will unbreak just as easily (lets see how that ages...). So all you need is AUM, SM1, and Atom2. The bass should not be gliding and the snare is messed up too. It also hangs notes when i stop the transport. I'm not sharing this detail for a witch hunt, just if anyone else can figure out what's happened so we can provide better info.

Sorry, can’t be of any help here since I don’t use Atom2. I fully support your wishes though of keeping things positive trying to find solutions instead of trashing. We all just want the best to come out of all this.

/DMfan🇸🇪

• @belldu I tested the session

• for the bass turn down the keyboard glide.
    • And for the kick and snare i turned down the quite high filter resonance.
    • The pad sound doesnt seem to react to note-off if played directly from the keyboard. I checked that the AUB keyboard sends that note-off with StreamByters monitor. Only if i apply AUMs channel ‚all notes off‘ the pad stops - i think this is also sending the midi command ‚all notes off‘ to the synth.
    • Same for the lead sound. A note from AUMs keyboard is held even undtil ‚all notes off‘ is issued. The lead plays okay with SM1s internal keyboard btw. I checked that the keyboard HOLD function is not enabled.

BTW, i now got the pads to work when switching the AMP ENV 1 to one-shot - but this didn‘t help for the lead sound.

Another mysterious thing - i saved my modified version under a new name and upon reload, all synth instances were using the init sound and keep holding notes if triggered by AUMs keyboard … Whooo ?
    The ATOM instances restored fine.

I‘m going to reboot and try a new AUM session with a single SM1 AU instance - maybe there already something broken… (But then why could i load your session and the sound selection seemed ok ?)

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2022

@kv331audio_bulent There seems to be a critical bug with the AUv3 state-saving of the latest update of Synthmaster One v1.5.8. It allways restore to ‚empty‘ state upon session reload.

And if i try to save a preet using AUMs preset system i get an AUM error: Could not save preset ! No state to save.

Another quite big error is that loading SM1 presets stored in AUMs preset system don‘t trigger a reload when tapped - the current SM1 preset stays nothing happens at all.

AUM Sessions using SM1 stored before that update restore okay with the correct preset.

Please also check the AUM session of belldu supplied in a message above. The pad and lead SM1 show the strange effect of hold notes when played with AUMs keyboard or via Atoms piano roll as if sustain was auto-applied.

I couldn‘t reproduce this hold for new SM1 instances in new AUM sessions nor for older AUM sessions.

• Thanks for your investigation @_ki. It sounds like you've found a few more things, or perhaps more precise reasons why its all gone a bit wrong. The Snare sound before had no resonance, and if i turn down the glide on the bass its still not close to what it was. Hopefully the SM1 dev guys will see your post, I've already sent them my AUM session. Best thing to do would be revert the version in my opinion, I'm sure I didn't chance upon the only presets that have suffered a mishap.

• _ki_ki
    edited August 2022

@belldu I filed a bug report at the devs website concerning the state-save/reload problems and also mentioned/linked the sound problems with your session. I am quite sure they will fix the bugs - things take time.

• i stopped updating sm1 and sm2 a while ago hence all the trouble reported in the forum. i love both synths and don't want to risk them getting even more unreliable.

• How is the new update? (1.5.9)

• I think I’m missing presets even though I just had to restore them again upon opening the app. All I have purchased is the desktop upgrade which is 1250 presets. But my current total is 1278. With the online presets I do have 467 presets, had to redownload those too. But I thought the app shipped with more then 28 presets. 1278 - 1250 = 28. Not sure what the heck is up.

• I was on the Testflight for 1.5.9. It fixes issues introduced with 1.5.8 with hanging notes in AUM and other weirdness.
    I still had some issues with presets being different but managed to manually adjust them. The dev team confirmed that it wasn't the synth engine that was different and something happened with the presets. As I've done a different install to most others, I'd suggest the 'restore purchases cramdog method' above in this thread.

• @Poppadocrock said:
    I think I’m missing presets even though I just had to restore them again upon opening the app. All I have purchased is the desktop upgrade which is 1250 presets. But my current total is 1278. With the online presets I do have 467 presets, had to redownload those too. But I thought the app shipped with more then 28 presets. 1278 - 1250 = 28. Not sure what the heck is up.

In the App Store it says ships with 650 presets. So I’m definitely short. Will try again later.

• @belldu said:
    I still had some issues with presets being different but managed to manually adjust them. The dev team confirmed that it wasn't the synth engine that was different and something happened with the presets. As I've done a different install to most others, I'd suggest the 'restore purchases cramdog method' above in this thread.

Are there any changes in the preset sounds from 1.5.8 to 1.5.9? I haven’t noticed any problems, at least with the presets in use, in the 1.5.8 update, from the previous version.

• @Poppadocrock said:

@Poppadocrock said:
    I think I’m missing presets even though I just had to restore them again upon opening the app. All I have purchased is the desktop upgrade which is 1250 presets. But my current total is 1278. With the online presets I do have 467 presets, had to redownload those too. But I thought the app shipped with more then 28 presets. 1278 - 1250 = 28. Not sure what the heck is up.

In the App Store it says ships with 650 presets. So I’m definitely short. Will try again later.

I think the desktop upgrade makes a total of 1250 factory presets (so including the 650 it ships with), at least that’s what I understand from the description in their iap store. But it’s pretty inconvenient to download them after every update, hopefully they can fix that soon…

• edited August 2022

@belldu
    I didn’t know the issue of the different sound of the presets of SM1. Without reading your report I wouldn’t know if the problem has been fixed or not. So I’m thankful to you.

Thanks also to KV331 for fixing some issues. I reported the crash on a quick presets change to KV331 support page. (I don't think I was the only user to report it.) If it was the first bug to appear since v1.5.8, I would consider that a quick response, because in about a month at the most, they have fixed multiple issues, including that crash bug.

@Poppadocrock

• The number of presets may be reduced depending on the order in which the Free Bonus Presets are installed.
    • When the Desktop Preset Upgrade is applied, the maximum total should always be approximately 1250, with or without the free bonus presets.

If you get these two points, they may possibly help to solve your issue. (Sorry if they don’t help you.)
    The following is a supplementary explanation.

(I probably wrote too much of this post. Perhaps this post doesn't contain much useful information for Poppadocrock. So please consider this post as an explanation for users who don’t yet understand how the total number of Desktop Presets Upgrade in SM1 for iPad works. This is for beginners like me.)

-

I didn’t add the number of online presets to the total count.

I made the 1st assumption that you think it would be strange if the preset total is not more than 1250 when the Desktop Presets Upgrade is applied. For example, 1750. In this case, you are probably mistaken about the number of presets of Desktop Presets Upgrade (IAP) for SM1 for iPad.

The “2nd” assumption is your presets total didn’t increase from 650. This may be resolved by reading the last part of this post, “E.”.

-

(the 1st assumption)

Default Presets + Free Bonus Presets + Desktop Presets Upgrade is always about 1250.
    Please ignore the error in the numbers from 1250 to 1284. They are not constant as errors occur with each installation. The description in SM1 app says 'We currently have 1250 factory presets for Synthmaser One desktop and the content keeps growing!'.
    Therefore, maybe a little more than 1250 is normal. So I don't think the slight error in the number of presets is anything to worry about.
    (But it could be a problem if only a few specific presets the user wants to use are not installed.)

Default Presets and Free Bonus presets are included in the Desktop Presets Upgrade. (Forgive me if I’m wrong.)
    In other words, they are duplicates. For users who have applied the Desktop Presets Upgrade, the number of presets and their contents will probably be the same whether the Free Bonus Presets is applied or not.

What matters is the total number of presets.
    Default Presets + Free Bonus Presets + Desktop Presets Upgrade = 1250
    (x + y + z = 1250)
    and the total is always about 1250 when the Desktop Presets Upgrade is applied.
    I think the numbers of presets in the application description should not add up.
    It doesn’t increase as simple as 400 + 350 + 1250 = 2000.
    (It is possible/probable that updates have changed/will change the x, y and z percentages.)

Perhaps the Bonus Presets of 350 is an outdated description by KV331. In the current version, 250 is probably correct. I think the relative writing style causes misunderstandings because the amount of increase changes with updates.
    To avoid such confusion, I think users should only focus on the total presets number of (about) 1250 of Desktop Presets Upgrade.

-

(the “2nd” assumption)

I didn’t add the number of online presets to the total count.

(The following is my assumption. I haven’t purchased the desktop version so I don’t know the correct total number of presets of default SM ONE desktop.)

Number of default presets for SM ONE for Windows/Mac = total about from 1250 to 1284?

(The following is numbers of presets for SM ONE for iPad v1.5.9 that I’ve checked.
    From left to right, the presets are lined up in the orders in which they were installed.
    The order is important.)

A. ‘Default Presets’ = total 400 (0-399)
    B. ‘Default Presets’ and ‘Free Bonus Presets’ = total 650
    C. ‘Default Presets’ and ‘Desktop Presets Upgrade’ = total 1283
    D. ‘Default Presets’ and ‘Free Bonus Presets’ and ‘Desktop Presets Upgrade’ = total 1284
    “E.” ‘Default Presets’ and ‘Desktop Presets Upgrade’ and ‘Free Bonus Presets’ = total 650 (!?)

I used "and" instead of "+" above because it’s not simple addition. The sum of duplicate presets will probably be halved. (or 1/3?)

C and D can be considered almost the same.
    I’m not sure what the “E” is.
    D and “E” had the same presets installed, but the total number of presets was different.
    Maybe the total presets number is reduced if the Free Bonus Presets is applied last.

(I haven’t reported this decreasing phenomenon(?) to KV331 support page because I’m not sure if it is a bug or correct specifications intended as by the developers.)

• The preset sounds… presets… vs the amount? Any changes?

• If some factory / desktop / default presets are duplicated then this might explain why some 'out of box' presets were different for me in 1.5.8. Potentially I was using an earlier or later version of the preset depending on the order of pack installation. Whichever case was true the dev team validated that it was the same as their setup on Mac / Windows, proving that it was not the 'synth engine' that was different.

As noted (way) above, even with 1.5.9 I had to manually manipulate "DR Snare Delusion VS" which had a weird reverb on it, and "BAS Synthwave Bass 2" which became mono with glide.

However the hanging note issues introduced with 1.5.8 were fixed in 1.5.9, and I think its likely that issues others reported were fixed too...

To summarise, if on 1.5.8 and you have hanging notes and other issues then update to 1.5.9.
    If on 1.5.7 then stay there if you can as still not sure what happened with some presets in 1.5.8 and 1.5.9

• Thanks so much for those details. Scary when using so many instances of the SM apps, but they sound great!

• edited August 2022

Just updated. And just me, but the latency is now less responsive/slower in at least stand-alone? Ipad air 5.

Edit… but fine in Cubasis!