Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

The One I Love, R.E.M. 1987

"The One I Love" is a song by American alternative rock band R.E.M. It was released on the band's fifth full-length studio album, Document, and also as a 7" vinyl single in 1987.

In March 2005, Q magazine placed "The One I Love" at No. 57 in its list of the 100 Greatest Guitar Tracks. In 2012, Slant Magazine listed the song as the 38th best single of the 1980s.

This song is dedicated to all the girls I've loved before.
Of course to my lovely wife, Mimi, most especially!!!

«1

Comments

  • Nicely done, great performance and I love the acoustic arrangement you created. It's much more understated than the original, but that gives your cover its own unique vibe.

  • great voice and you know how to use it, a pleasure

  • This was a good experience for me. I was enjoying the groove you were getting from the guitar and loving that voice mic in the mix. Solid vocal.

    Do you do a lot of takes when you decide to video a tune?

  • Lovely stuff!

  • @richardyot said:
    Nicely done, great performance and I love the acoustic arrangement you created. It's much more understated than the original, but that gives your cover its own unique vibe.

    ++++++++
    Hi Richard,
    Thank you Richard.
    You are correct, I kept it as simple as I can, and tried to keep it musically unaltered.
    Respectfully,
    Rene


    @cabo said:
    great voice and you know how to use it, a pleasure

    ++++++++
    Hi cabo,
    Love your comments.
    Thank you!!!
    Rene


    @McD said:
    This was a good experience for me. I was enjoying the groove you were getting from the guitar and loving that voice mic in the mix. Solid vocal.
    Do you do a lot of takes when you decide to video a tune?

    ++++++++
    Hi McD,
    Always a great thing to hear your wonderful comments.
    I do take quite a bit of "takes" when I record a video, sometimes I get lucky.
    Thank you, as always, for your expert feedback!!!
    Rene


    @Gavinski said:
    Lovely stuff!

    ++++++++
    Hi Gavinski,
    Thank you so much.
    Your feedback is so loved!!!
    Rene

  • Beautifully done, Rene.
    Thanks.

  • I don’t know why I keep hearing Richie Havens when you sing and play, but I do. Also, I, too, like the spare feeling of this one.
    How come no guitar solos? Would like to hear that sometimes.

  • Your arrangements always seem to find the heart of the song. I was surprised that you chose this particular song but after hearing your take on it, I’m glad you did.

  • @pbelgium said:
    Beautifully done, Rene.
    Thanks.

    ++++++++
    Hi pbelgium,
    You are so much appreciated.
    Warm regards,
    Rene


    @LinearLineman said:
    I don’t know why I keep hearing Richie Havens when you sing and play, but I do. Also, I, too, like the spare feeling of this one.
    How come no guitar solos? Would like to hear that sometimes.

    ++++++++
    HI LinearLineman,
    Maybe I can do guitar solo on a song that would fit it. A good friend told that I should go back to DAW recording so I can add on individual tracks.
    Thank you!!!
    Rene


    @MadeofWax said:
    Your arrangements always seem to find the heart of the song. I was surprised that you chose this particular song but after hearing your take on it, I’m glad you did.

    ++++++++
    The music experience I grew up is wide and deep, and Christopher Cross is a major player.
    Thank you for your wonderful comments.
    Rene

  • HI Made Wax,
    I got confused on my last response, I meant R.E.M., and not Christopher Cross.
    I love them both.
    Thanks again!!!
    Rene

  • @ReneAsologuitar said:

    @pbelgium said:
    Beautifully done, Rene.
    Thanks.

    ++++++++
    Hi pbelgium,
    You are so much appreciated.
    Warm regards,
    Rene


    @LinearLineman said:
    I don’t know why I keep hearing Richie Havens when you sing and play, but I do. Also, I, too, like the spare feeling of this one.
    How come no guitar solos? Would like to hear that sometimes.

    ++++++++
    HI LinearLineman,
    Maybe I can do guitar solo on a song that would fit it. A good friend told that I should go back to DAW recording so I can add on individual tracks.
    Thank you!!!
    Rene


    @MadeofWax said:
    Your arrangements always seem to find the heart of the song. I was surprised that you chose this particular song but after hearing your take on it, I’m glad you did.

    ++++++++
    The music experience I grew up is wide and deep, and Christopher Cross is a major player.
    Thank you for your wonderful comments.
    Rene

    I support your using a DAW, Rene. I recommend Cubasis3.

  • @LinearLineman said:
    I support your using a DAW, Rene. I recommend Cubasis3.

    Rene: I think the live performance thing works for you.

    If a producer volunteered to put your guitar and vocal into a DAW and add extra instruments and maybe leave you a spot for a solo that would be great. Learning Cubasis is like learning another language and I’d rather hear more classic tunes. It’s refreshing to just hear a guitar and a voice.

    You should ask for requests and when someone mentions a tune you know then make a video. It’s what most bar performers do.

    How is the weather in Seattle?

  • Learning Cubasis3 for simple multitrack recording is no big deal. Even a Luddite such as myself was recording multitracks in a day or two. @CracklePot and @wim taught me. It’s pretty easy. There are a multitude of teachers here that would help you.

    Anyway, I just wanted to hear a guitar solo.

  • I get your point but Rene’s still playing live 2-3 times a week so making full track products just takes time away from learning new material to use on the job.

    People seem to think playing to a recording is akin to kareoke… using a looper is ok tho’ so Loopy Pro would be worth checking out and then sneak in a pre-recorded backing track loop.

    Loopy Pro is an almost DAW too. Perfect for a live performer to beef up a tune and add a solo section.

  • FYI: is created by the forum’s host @michael so getting it is like leaving a tip for the host.

  • edited July 31

    This would make a good medley with the Sinatra song that has the same title:

  • @pbelgium said:
    Beautifully done, Rene.
    Thanks.

    ++++++++
    Hi pbelgium,
    Lovely comments.
    Thank you so much!!!
    Rene

  • @ReneAsologuitar said:

    @pbelgium said:
    Beautifully done, Rene.
    Thanks.

    ++++++++
    Hi pbelgium,
    Lovely comments.
    Thank you so much!!!
    Rene

    Apologize for the double response. Thank you again, pbelgium!

  • @McD said:

    @LinearLineman said:
    I support your using a DAW, Rene. I recommend Cubasis3.

    Rene: I think the live performance thing works for you.
    If a producer volunteered to put your guitar and vocal into a DAW and add extra instruments and maybe leave you a spot for a solo that would be great. Learning Cubasis is like learning another language and I’d rather hear more classic tunes. It’s refreshing to just hear a guitar and a voice.
    You should ask for requests and when someone mentions a tune you know then make a video. It’s what most bar performers do.
    How is the weather in Seattle?


    Hi McD,
    Seattle weather is super hot, and it has been around 90s for a few days now. Currently 91degF at 7 p.m.
    At this time, I am being swamped by my own doing, and cannot keep up with the pace I have set on course.
    I always have some issues with DAW language and execution.
    I used to record using Presonus Studio, and I enjoyed it.
    Individual tracks for multiple guitars and microphones.
    I am more comfortable doing the "live recording", though.

    Currently, I am submitting my original compositions to Distrokid, who distributes my music to different music platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Amazon Music, etc.

    Check out 5 of my original compositions, currently in music platforms online. It is amazing that for 20 dollars, Distrokid allows unlimited "original songs" upload for max distribution.

    Thank you, McD!!!
    Rene

  • @LinearLineman said:
    Learning Cubasis3 for simple multitrack recording is no big deal. Even a Luddite such as myself was recording multitracks in a day or two. @CracklePot and @wim taught me. It’s pretty easy. There are a multitude of teachers here that would help you.
    Anyway, I just wanted to hear a guitar solo.


    Hi Mike,
    If I decide to learn Cubasis, I know who to contact!!!
    Like I mentioned to McD, I used to record using Presonus Studio, and I enjoyed it.
    Individual tracks for multiple guitars and microphones.
    I am more comfortable doing the "live recording", though.

    Currently, I am submitting my original compositions to Distrokid, who distributes my music to different music platforms like Spotify, Apple Music, iTunes, Amazon Music, etc.

    Check out 5 of my original compositions, currently in music platforms online. It is amazing that for 20 dollars, Distrokid allows unlimited "original songs" upload for max distribution.

    Thank again, Mike.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

  • @McD said:
    FYI: is created by the forum’s host @michael so getting it is like leaving a tip for the host.

    Super appreciation to the host:
    @michael!!!
    Thank you, Sir!!!
    With much respect,
    Rene

  • I think anyone that can walk into a room with a guitar and entertain should do a lot of that.

    I’ll look for you music on iTunes. I wonder if anyone else uses Distrikid here. How do they get paid?

  • @Wrlds2ndBstGeoshredr said:
    This would make a good medley with the Sinatra song that has the same title:


    Hi W2BG,
    Thank you for this lovely video, and super nice song.
    Actually, my first listen of this wonderful song.
    I will surely try to do a Sinatra tribute someday.
    Thank you.
    Rene

  • Sure Rene, i’m not bugging you, you just happened to mention it. I looked at Distrokid. It looks great. Will sign up tomorrow. Great tip, thanks! (Maybe post a thread about it. I think many here would be interested). 👍👍👍😘

  • edited August 1

    One of my favourite songs, simply and beautifully delivered. Male vulnerability and strength all at once. That voice of yours, man… !

  • @LinearLineman said:
    Sure Rene, i’m not bugging you, you just happened to mention it. I looked at Distrokid. It looks great. Will sign up tomorrow. Great tip, thanks! (Maybe post a thread about it. I think many here would be interested). 👍👍👍😘

    ++++++++
    Hi Linear Lineman,
    If you want to sign up, and make me as your sponsor, then we both gain a little bit from Distrokid.
    I earn some bucks, and you get some discount for my referral. How about that!!!
    Thanks for your solid support.
    I will surely post something about Distrokid.
    Rene


    @Svetlovska said:
    One of my favourite songs, simply and beautifully delivered. Male vulnerability and strength all at once. That voice of yours, man… !

    ++++++++
    Hi Svetlovska,
    You are awesome, and you are very much appreciated.
    Love your humbling and inspirational words.
    Respectfully,
    Rene

  • So beautiful! Another amazing cover from one of the most talented, heartfelt acoustic musicians. God bless mate. :) Keep 'em coming.

  • Hi jwm,
    Always a pleasure to hear from you!
    You are so kind, and I love your compliments
    Blessings and peace to you!!!
    Rene

  • McDMcD
    edited August 3

    Have you generated enough revenue to break even? $20 can get me 2 days of Coffee and a breakfast sandwich so I want to know... is there an audience out there. I mean it take millions of streams to pay back $20 right? I try not to let my ego get tested in such discrete metrics like downloads or streams. (Sneaks off to check his soundcloud stats. Yes! 10 more just today). I do give soundcloud something like 6 months X $20 to just store my stuff and treat me like a member of the audience by presenting the work of everyone else when I only care to monitor my shit. I live to navel gaze.

  • @ReneAsologuitar Your voice reminds me of Labi Siffre. This is a very good thing.

Sign In or Register to comment.