Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Cubasis 3 slow and freezes after IOS15.6

Hi,

Any one else had this? And anything I can do/check? After 15.6 opening projects is slow and sometimes freezes.

Thanks for any input.

Chris

Comments

• reboot ipad? I am running smooth on 15.6.

• edited July 2022

Hi Chris,

no problems here.
    IPadOS 15.6
    iPad Pro M1 12.9“

Probably you should play with ‚Latency‘ and ‚Multi-core Processing‘ in the Audio section of the SETUP.

• @chris000sg said:
    Hi,

Any one else had this? And anything I can do/check? After 15.6 opening projects is slow and sometimes freezes.

Thanks for any input.

Chris

Did you update from iPadOS 15.5, or some earlier version? Please specify the version.

iPadOS 15.6 itself should be pretty boring from a music standpoint.

• Working fine for me. I never update to the latest iOS, I always hang back a couple of versions and I think that’s good advice generally. But I updated because I was having a lot of problems with lumafusion and the developers seemed to think that was the way to fix it. It did and hasn’t caused me any issues with music apps. I use Cubasis 3 pretty much every day. Do you have multi-core processing switched on?

• edited July 2022

After re-installing Cubasis 3 a couple of times n my M1 it's working properly again...
    ...on all my 3 current devices (iPad Air 2, iPhone 8 and 11" M1 iPad Pro all running iOS/iPadOS15.6).

I do hope iOS will get proper built-in 'cache cleaning tools' and a way to 'force a cache cleanup' with having re-installing everything.

It's quite common for more complex apps to un-intentionally mess up the cached content, there's are plenty of examples on this so until Apple fixes it we'll just have to do the off-load circus when apps don't behave as expected.

Temporarily offloading an app, rebooting the device and re-downloading it works in >95% of the cases when apps have 'hiccups'. I'll try to remember this the next time apps miss-behave...

Cheers!

• Thanks, I’ll try offloading it and reinstalling

• @chris000sg said:
    Hi,

Thanks for any input.

Chris

Hi @chris000sg,

So far we are unaware about any iOS 15.6 related issues.
    You may give these steps a try:

(1) Load the "New Project" project template.
    (2) Close all running apps, including Cubasis.
    (3) Fully shut down the iPad (turn the device off).

Does Cubasis works as expected again once you've restarted the iPad and the app?

Hope that helps,
    Lars