Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

iPad musicians remix/remix contest entry

edited March 2013 in Creations

The guys over at iPad Musicians on Facebook have hosted their monthly contest: this time it's a remix or remake of the Johnny Cash/NIN song "Hurt". Here's a preview of my track....still need to add vocals and guitar parts. I made this with Audiobus, Beatmaker2, Cubasis, Nanostudio, and Alchemy.

Comments

• Nice! Out of curiosity, why three different DAWs?

• I used nanostudio simply for a couple synth sounds and pasted into BM2, I used alchemy with audiobus with cubasis....just because it's really smooth. Then pasted that track into BM2 where I added drums and sound effects.

• Definitely worked! I don't have nanostudio...yet, but I do have the others and can understand there's pros and cons in each.

• edited March 2013

Looks like i just did the wrong song. Whoops. lol I wish it was just the NiN version though.. I like Cash but I didn't like this cover at all.

EDIT: Just had a listen to your version. Good job @DerekBuddemeyer . Reminds me of David Bowies version. Were you just saying it's a cover/remix of Hurt in general or was it meant to be the Johnny Cash cover only? After listening to what you did I'm thinking it's a general Hurt cover/remix. :-)

• General remix....I'm adding guitars in the next couple of days....Bowie's version was kind of cool...wish I had those Parker guitars they were playing!

• What would be cool is a guitar modelling app along the lines of the Line 6 Variax software. I wonder if current technology is up to the task?

• but Alchemy don't have AudioBus support....no?

• I think Derek beta tests for them.. he might have it early. ;-) but I dunno. Bob's your uncle? lol

• @Sinapsya Alchemy doesn't have Audiobus support yet, but Dev says it will be in next update.

• Alchemy will support Audiobus in the next update....also has a bunch of other cool features added as well....maybe available in a couple weeks?

• Sounds great, will sound even better after you add the guitar I'm sure

• I love that johnny cash's name came first. As opposed to my good man @ryan, I think Johnny Cash basically owned that song. I liked the NiN version but once I heard that one... done. All the power of the actual song without any of the dramatics.

• @syrupcore You are probably right. I probably rejected it based on non music related reasons.. #1 being that after the cover almost everyone thought he wrote the song and not Trent Reznor and I did a lot of correcting. LOL Worse then that a lot of them thought christina agulerra wrote the freaking thing. Oh god.

• Funny how that happens. The version of Mussorsky's Night on a Bare Mountain that most people are familiar with is not the original, but a reworking and orchestration by Rimsky-Korsakov of an already reworked version by Mussorsky of his original.

The song 'My Way' is a reworking of a french song 'Comme d'habitude', itself originally written in english (but not recorded) as 'For Me'.

The list goes on...

• edited March 2013

Jürgen

• Here's my finished entry...

• That was really good Derek!