Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

"Son" - new GB tune with Scaler2 + other AUV3s

Hi

this is the third track I've created with Scaler2 being used to work out chords for verse/chorus/middle8, and then GB onscreen keyboard/arp used for leads and thickening. Quite a simple track but has multiple AUV3 from old style synths to strings. Wrote it for my son who being a teenager is both wonderful and infuriating in turns :)

hope you enjoy

Comments

• Very cinematic. Sounds great!

• Excellent, for a moment I had forgetten what GB stands for, Garageband, such a long time since I used it. Too many toys. lol

• Builds very nicely @matdun25848834 . Bit of a folky / jangly vibe going which I liked.

• Agree with Altered_UK, very cinematic.
    Love the build up, like Tony mentioned.
    Well done!!!
    Rene

• edited August 2022

I'm not into this kind of music, but i listened to it, and this is very well written. All these little instrument changes and accents made this track alive and compelling. You used Scaler in a way to really make a composition instead of the progression you normally hear in a trance tune for example.
    Have you considered to buy Progressions from 4Pockets? If so, what is your experience with it to songwriting?

• thanks all for the comments.

As for Progressions, I'm always interested in apps that can help with inspiring my next track - and also slightly helping with my lack of music knowledge ;) I've used Riffler, Klimper and Piano Motif's in the past, but at the moment I'm still discovering Scaler 2.0 - but no doubt Progressions will be an option for the future.

• edited August 2022

Very good work. I could hear the SWAM Trumpet as the lead at 1:28 (they’re on sale now). The piano part early on is very effective. Wish it returned at the end. Good use of synths.

Having a son to inspire you sounds like pure joy. Hope to hear more from you!