Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

If You Change Your Apple ID, Will Your Purshases and IAP Follow?

Is it proper English? I hope so. If I change my Apple ID, how it’s gonna works for my IAP? I’m not 100% sure, but I have a feeling that the Restore Purshases option looks at your Apple ID and see if they were a purshase with the ID. So I hope my purshases will follow if I change my ID.

Comments

• edited July 2022

You may want to talk to someone at Apple before you make changes you are not sure about. Here’s their contact numbers:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

• @Montreal_Music said:
    Is it proper English? I hope so. If I change my Apple ID, how it’s gonna works for my IAP? I’m not 100% sure, but I have a feeling that the Restore Purshases option looks at your Apple ID and see if they were a purshase with the ID. So I hope my purshases will follow if I change my ID.

No , they won't work . You can use the apps from previous ID on your idevice , but you won't be able to restore IAPs if needed or download an app you bought with the previus ID .

• @Korakios said:

@Montreal_Music said:

No , they won't work . You can use the apps from previous ID on your idevice , but you won't be able to restore IAPs if needed or download an app you bought with the previus ID .

Ok thank you. Ok so I will be able to access to two Apple ID, my previous and my new one? It’s like having 2 accounts. Creating a new Apple ID will not erase my actual one?

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Korakios said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Ok thank you. Ok so I will be able to access to two Apple ID, my previous and my new one? It’s like having 2 accounts. Creating a new Apple ID will not erase my actual one?

You can switch accounts on the same device . I was about to sell my account some time ago and someone asked me if it was possible to use it on his ipad and tested it successfully . But it was tested some years ago on iOS 12 , although I don't think anything changed
    For sure it wasn't possible to merge IDs

Why creating a new one ? You can change name , email , phone , payment ways , basically everything from the old one

• It's sometimes useful to have several accounts - most obvious example being that living somewhere like China (and now Russia) various apps would not be available in the app store. In China, for example, no vpns, and many more things. At times like this I'm still glad I have access to my old UK app store account.

• edited July 2022

I’m confuse. My Apple ID is my email? Or something else? Looks like my purshases will follow, but I read all kinds of versions.

• @Montreal_Music said:

@Korakios said:

@Montreal_Music said:

You can change your Apple ID (email, password, etc.) by logging in to apple.com. That does not create a new Apple ID, it just updates its properties. You'll need to logout and log back in on your devices. That will not change your purchased apps, IAPs, etc. I think this is what you are asking.

Or you can create a new Apple ID, just by creating one at apple.com. Then you'll have two different IDs and you need to be careful of the apps you buy using each one, etc.

• @Montreal_Music said:

I’m confuse. My Apple ID is my email? Or something else? Looks like my purshases will follow, but I read all kinds of versions.

CALL APPLE. I don’t know where you live, but the contact numbers link I provided to you lists all of their numbers worldwide. You should not be taking conflicting advice here on something which could affect your account.

• @NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

CALL APPLE. I don’t know where you live, but the contact numbers link I provided to you lists all of their numbers worldwide. You should not be taking conflicting advice here on something which could affect your account.

Good advice!

• @Montreal_Music said:

You can add/change the email address associated with your existing Apple ID. Don’t create a new one. My AppleID is an old email address but the actual email address Apple uses to communicate is my new address.

• @anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Good advice!

Apple has never had a way to merge purchases, and always say "we're working on it".
    You can call them and they have refunded all purchases on an appleID to be re-purchased under a new one. I don't know if IAPs go with that, but I think they do.

• @AlmostAnonymous said:

@anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Good advice!

Apple has never had a way to merge purchases, and always say "we're working on it".
    You can call them and they have refunded all purchases on an appleID to be re-purchased under a new one. I don't know if IAPs go with that, but I think they do.

That would mean you might pay considerably more … since you wouldn’t get any special discounts.

But normally, you can just add a different email address and still use the old AppleID. You wouldn’t need a new id…but you may need to do it while the original address is still working.

• @espiegel123 said:

@AlmostAnonymous said:

@anickt said:

@NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Good advice!

That would mean you might pay considerably more … since you wouldn’t get any special discounts.

But normally, you can just add a different email address and still use the old AppleID. You wouldn’t need a new id…but you may need to do it while the original address is still working.

I did it twice for family members, but no IAPs were involved. I thought it was an odd way then to merge purchases, and still do to this day. I'm sure they give codes now, but when I did it they just gave the cash value to the account.

• @NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Apple only give voice service to customers who have valid Apple Care, to my knowledge

• As stated earlier you can switch back and forth between accounts.
    It’s very common.
    I had a group email/Apple account with my wife and son before we all got our own.
    I made several purchases with that account but much more with my current one.
    Scroll to the bottom of the iTunes page and tap Apple ID. It will be your email address.
    Tap sign out then sign in to your previous account using the old email and password.
    Restore purchases or buy new IAP’s, whichever.
    Sign out from that account as described above and sign back in to your current account.
    I do it all the time. Works like a charm.
    Hope this helps.

• edited July 2022

@Montreal_Music said:

All your purchases are linked to an email/Apple Id

So your IAP’s will NOT restore if you change your ID . Also your purchases won’t get transferred
    If your apps are already on your phone and you change your ID , they will work are normal but May Not update in future

What you can hope is for Apple to transfer all your purchases to your new ID . You will have to give a good reason like (email compromised hacked etc..)
    Anyways your chances of this happening are very less but give it a try .

In summary, unless a must , do not change ID, too much of a hassle, only time you might consider this, is if you have purchased a 2nd Apple product with 6 months free music and want to redeem it for example .:

Also the switching as mentioned above is little tricky when 2 countries are involved and if one ID has a purchases/subs like Apple Music , and if payment details differ etc , so switching does not always work well

• edited July 2022

@Gavinski said:

@NeuM said:

@Montreal_Music said:

Apple only give voice service to customers who have valid Apple Care, to my knowledge

Do we know if Montreal_Music has AppleCare?