Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Play Loopy samples chromatically?

Is this possible? I would like to record a loop or one-shot sample, then use a keyboard to play that sample chromatically. I know I can load something like Koala to do it, but can I do it natively in LP?

Comments

• @mistercharlie said:
    Is this possible? I would like to record a loop or one-shot sample, then use a keyboard to play that sample chromatically. I know I can load something like Koala to do it, but can I do it natively in LP?

Currently, it isn’t really set up to do that .you could create multiple copies of the clip, each with a different pitch set. Or create actions that play back at different pitches that are triggered by different notes.

• That’s what I thought. It’s so good at capturing samples that I want to do everything with it.

• @mistercharlie said:
    That’s what I thought. It’s so good at capturing samples that I want to do everything with it.

I imagine that this will be added in time. There is a lot laid out for the future... I imagine priority will be given to things that can only be done natively.

• is this possible yet?

• edited January 4

Well, I experimented a bit (still work in progress) to emulate some kind of “tape studio”. I’ve made three reels to which I can record and/or bounce two and apply effects. Two of the reels have some kind of spartan pitch control (manually adjusted the rate with a tuner nearby) and one of them could play the sample chromatically over two octaves. You could f.e. record a sound, and make chords of it by slowing or speeding down the loop, bounce it, and play a melody over the new loop.
    https://youtu.be/hyoCGTuXFIM

• That’s pretty wild!

• That’s crazy! Well done.

• @nerVe said:
    is this possible yet?

You can set up widgets of midi bindings to play a sample at a different pitch or speed.