Audiobus: Use your music apps together.
What is Audiobus? — Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.Download on the App Store
Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.
Loopy Pro Update Version 1.0.18
App "Loopy Pro: Looper DAW Sampler"
Developer: A Tasty Pixel
Minimum OS Version: 12.0
Loopy Pro is a live-looper. And a sampler. And a sequencer. And a very capable AUv3 Audio Unit host. And a DAW. And an AUv3 Audio Unit.
You get the idea. Loopy Pro is deep. But it's also designed to be friendly, and a great deal of fun.
You can set up Loopy Pro to work however you do, with features like hands-free looping with count-in, count-out and automatic loop detection; or "free" looping, where you can choose on-the-fly how long to make loops. There's even retrospective recording, where you can lock in a loop after the fact.
There's extensive MIDI controller support, including built-in support for the Launchpad and the APC40 mk2, and effortless MIDI Learn for setting up your controllers.
You can also drag-and-drop audio straight onto loops in Loopy Pro, with sophisticated tempo and pitch adjustments, and use Loopy Pro as a clip launcher, with all kinds of options for song sectioning.
The built-in mixer lets you set up insert and send effects for every channel in your project, and load AUv3 Audio Unit instruments, effects, and MIDI sequencers.
And there's a built-in sequencer, for arranging songs, and even performing them live, totally automated and hands-free.
There's also a great deal still to come.
So, what are you reading this for? Go take Loopy Pro for a spin – there's a 7-day free trial just waiting for you.
Join other Loopy Pro users on Discord, Facebook or the forums - loopypro.com/communities
Loopy Pro's Pricing Structure:
Loopy Pro has a pricing structure that mimics the classic desktop software model, in order to enable continued development:
• A 7-Day Free Trial, so you can make an informed purchasing decision.
• A one-off In-App Purchase to buy the app: to keep, forever.
– This gets you permanent access to all current features, and all those added in the following 12 months.
– It also gets you bug and compatibility fixes for the lifetime of the app.
• A completely optional "Upgrade" In-App Purchase, available any time from 12 months after initial purchase, to buy the latest features and all those released in the following 12 months, to keep forever. Upgrade once, or every year, or just when there's a new feature you want, or never upgrade after the initial purchase – it's completely up to you. And you keep what you buy, forever.
• This will allow Loopy Pro to continue evolving for years to come, while letting me support my family.
RELEASE NOTES: Version 1.0.18
See what's coming next in Loopy Pro, help guide development and follow specific features at LP's roadmap: roadmap.loopypro.com
Improved latency/lag with record start/stop:
• Implemented immediate record stop from audio thread, to reduce interval until initial audio playback
• Added “Ignore Timestamps” option for MIDI devices, which can reduce lag with some configurations, at the expense of possible timing jitter
• Fixed issue where loop rotation/circle gesture interferes with record timing when “Record On Press” on
Improved time-stretching logic and track tempo management
- Full drag/drop rewrite for improved importing and better workflow with multi-file drops
- Added “Loop Boundary Crossfade” setting
- Added recording action option: “Preempt Other Actions” (on by default, matching prior behaviour)
- Improved clip screen tempo controls (and hide them when time-stretch disabled)
- Made “Play Target” option for merge/move action three-phase: Never, If Source Playing, and Always
- Increased max fade duration to 120 seconds
- Fixed crashes associated with EQ/Lowpass/Highpass/Bandpass/etc modules
- Fixed file browser crash
- Fixed click at first loop playback when overdub-after-record in use
- Fixed loop boundary crossfade for imported loops
- Fixed loop outro, when setup via trimming in clip screen
- Fixed intro playback for non-phase-locked loops
- Fixed a glitch when transitioning from intro to main loop
- Fixed clip analyser issues when time-scaled
- Fixed initial clip fade-in
- Fixed issue with stopping one-shots by colour
- Mute all incoming MIDI from muted sources, not just notes
- Copy clip gestures too, when copying
- Added some missing clip property assignments, when copying
- Update non-phase-locked clips’ phase too, when making MIDI Clock/Link phase corrections
- Fixed clip waveform analyser when offsetting backwards
- Fixed some assorted crashes when adjusting clip boundaries
- Fixed floating-point error issue when fading in, which could result in permanent fading-in state
- Fixed skip back to beginning of clip when tapping again to abort fade-in
- Fixed “tap” gesture actions on oneshots
- Fixed spurious count-in if a loop has intro disabled
- Don’t try to time-stretch when dragging to import, if stretching disabled
- Fixed an issue where playback could fail after time-stretching
- Added diagnostics to support email when tapping email address in Help
- Don't try to set nonsense clip titles when dragging files into LP
- Fixed a number of memory leaks
- Cleaned up some initialisation inefficiencies
I have used “Cantabile Performer” (PC) and “Camelot Pro” (iPad) for performing live. Both support backing tracks (linear), plugins (instruments & FX) and setup changes (“Scenes” in Camelot; “States” in Cantabile). Camelot features a PDF reader and Cantabile uses Notes to show Chords/Lyrics. Plugin changes can be changed on the fly, but the backing track remains linear. Can Loopy Pro match any of these two programs? I have very limited knowledge of Loopy Pro, but it looks like I could slice up my backing track and make “Song Sections” that could be manually or automatically selected. Is this correct? Thank you!
@Michael I've got a bug in this release: one-shots in the AU that have midi-mapping aren't firing. Just tried it inside a fresh project - M1 iPad Pro, NS2 and latest Loopy...
Some more info on this. Tried the same thing in Cubasis, and the mapping works there. Here's a video of me trying it in NS2...
It's not just newly created projects either, all my existing and in-progress projects with Loopy Pro in NS2 have stopped working.
Not that it should matter: does it make a difference if the host clock is running or what Loopy’s sync setting is? In NS2, trigging a loop is working?
Did you Midi learn the note or enter it manually? If manually then perhaps the octave is off due to differences in octave naming between apps / hardware.
if you Midi learned it, then what is the diction type. Sometimes things are detected as Hold when you really need it to be On or On/Off.
Could the clip be set to “hold to play”?
Where is the note coming from? Hardware or another app? If another app, is Background Audio turned on in Loopy? [edit nvm. I missed that this is in th AU version]
Could be a routing issue as well. Screenshots or a video of your process might be helpful if none of the above isolates it.
I can definitely reproduce that! Looking into it now, @FastGhost
I have tried to replicate the problem. Everything works fine here.
I do notice what seems like a bug. Unless a one-shot completes playing, the initial transient is lost when retriggering the sample.
Okay, totally my bad. Fix is en route. Wish I could use x.x.x.x version numbers, haha. Here comes 1.0.20.
Okay, it’s now available @FastGhost
Truly incredible service, thanks @Michael, you’re the best.
That should be fixed too
I had a project where by swiping up I could arm a clip for recording. After the latest update this makes Loopy crash. Already deleted and reinstalled Loopy but when I go into clip settings, reorder them and attach the swipe up/down or long press to record it again will crash Loopy.
Restarted my iPad, fired up loopy and did not make any changes at all. Standard clip settings where swiping down should stop recording bit it will crash. Removing that action from swiping down is oké. It seems to me that the action of Record is giving some issues.
Does this happen in a new default project or only a particular one?
Hi @Michael , you mentioned in the past that reversing loops would be in the next update. Just wondering, is this still likely to happen some time soon?
Dammit @Michael, I hate to be that guy, but it's still doing the same thing:
I bought Loopy Pro on release but have been waiting for the reverse feature to be implemented before jumping in and learning the software properly. Totally my choice to do it this way but definitely hoping it happens within the first year. I realise of course that you have many competing priorities.
That’s interesting! Would you mind sending me your crash logs and your project? (https://loopypro.com/manual/#reporting-crashes)
Whoa! I just tried the exact same steps and it’s working perfectly here… if you open up the system settings screen, does it definitely say 1.0.20 at the bottom?
Yes, absolutely – I’ve already started it, it’s just been waylaid by a bunch of bug fix updates and I’m also splitting my time between that and my work on the Mac/VST version. But it won’t be long.
Shame on my part…..instead of choosing an action like record or stop I had toggle switched on. Seems like that caused the issue, my bad!
Ooh no, 1.0.19! Must have been a lag making it all the way to the UK App Store! Can confirm that .20 is working here too and that you’re still the best.
No no, definitely my bad – it certainly shouldn’t be crashing. If you don’t mind, I’d definitely like to see at least the crash logs if not the project as well so that I can fix it
Followed the steps and (think) I’ve just send you a log!
Thank you very much! I think I can see what’s happening
Hey @Michael - the latest TestFlight version is 1.0.18 (build 234) on my iPhone.
Yep. App Store version 1.0.20 fixes it.
 … well, 99.9% fixed. Sounds like just a couple of samples are missing from the beginning here. I have a kick with a click right at the beginning. The click is still there, but micro faded a tiny bit whenever the sample is retriggered before the end is reached. It’s definitely not my imagination.
Yep, it has a 128-frame microfade to avoid clicks. I plan to allow people to adjust that for one-shots in an upcoming version, for those that have really hard transients.