Audiobus: Use your music apps together.

What is Audiobus?Audiobus is an award-winning music app for iPhone and iPad which lets you use your other music apps together. Chain effects on your favourite synth, run the output of apps or Audio Units into an app like GarageBand or Loopy, or select a different audio interface output for each app. Route MIDI between apps — drive a synth from a MIDI sequencer, or add an arpeggiator to your MIDI keyboard — or sync with your external MIDI gear. And control your entire setup from a MIDI controller.

Download on the App Store

Audiobus is the app that makes the rest of your setup better.

Backup of your work / Sync Folders (Pro)

Does anyone have experience with the app Sync Folders (Pro) and can recommend the app? It is also available for the Mac.

https://apps.apple.com/de/app/sync-folders/id530573877

https://www.greenworldsoft.com/sync-folders-pro-help.php

I tried the lite version and it seems to be a good solution to save our music productions and other data as a copy to external media - without Mac or PC.
After the first backup, the sync function saves only the changes on the next runs.

There are 2 versions - each with IAPs.
I don't really see from the description which one is more useful and recommended if you bought the IAPs additionally.

The app is good to use and offers many possibilities.

Or are there still good alternatives?

Comments

• Do any of you have experience with this app?

• Really noone use this app? Im interested too in this.

How you backup your files?

• edited August 2022

I used this on desktop a while ago. Worked fine as I remember. I’ll have to take a look at this to see if I have any application for it.

UPDATE: Tried a simple backup of my FLSM User Folder from iPad to iCloud. Worked exactly as expected. Be aware that Sync Folders will finish but the actual transfer of files may still be happening. You have to let that finish.

Thinking back on it, I used it on desktop a while ago and found it reliable. Just read the manual (online help actually) to understand the functions. Once you have it set up it’s pretty much a no-brainer.

• I’m so glad I read this. I was getting really worried, because I do all my recording, and mixing in Cubasis now.
    Got the IAP, and can now easily copy my project folder to an external drive.
    Come to think of it, I should probbly go up one level, to get the minisampler files too.

• @Diffrenzy said:
    I’m so glad I read this. I was getting really worried, because I do all my recording, and mixing in Cubasis now.
    Come to think of it, I should probbly go up one level, to get the minisampler files too.

Hi Diffrenzy,

glad, that it works for you.
    Did you get the IAP for Sync Folders (lite) or Sync Folders Pro?

• @Iskander said:

@Diffrenzy said:
    I’m so glad I read this. I was getting really worried, because I do all my recording, and mixing in Cubasis now.

Hi Diffrenzy,

glad, that it works for you.
    Did you get the IAP for Sync Folders (lite) or Sync Folders Pro?

Doesn’t the IAP just turn the lite version into the pro version? That’s how I read it anyway. I haven’t bought it but definitely interested in it.

• The Pro version has an IAP too.
    What‘s the difference?

• edited August 2022

@Iskander said:
    The Pro version has an IAP too.
    What‘s the difference?

My reading of it is there’s a lite version, the pro version which is £7.99 (the same price as the IAP in lite), and then some additional features on top for a smaller IAP price in pro. I have no idea what those differences are exactly but I’m pretty sure the IAP in the lite version just gets you to the base level of the pro version. Mainly based on other apps that I’ve had that use the same kind of pricing model.

Edit: Don’t listen to me :).

• @Iskander said:
    The Pro version has an IAP too.
    What‘s the difference?

https://www.greenworldsoft.com/sync-folders-pro-ios-help.php

If you need macOS and iOS version, download it here. // SyncFolders Pro

If you need iOS version only, download it here. // Sync Folders Lite

• I think the only difference is ios only and the other option i dont get. ;)

But with the iaps you get in both the same!

• edited August 2022

Dropbox sync does not appear to be available on iOS. I contacted them for clarification.

UPDATE - according to a post on the Apple Developer Forum provided by GreenWorldSoft, there is a bug in both Apple and Dropbox file access that doesn’t allow access as a source/destination. This has been an issue for some time.

AudioShare, Google Drive and Dropbox are all grayed out when selecting sources on my iPad.

iCloud works fine so I’ll just use that instead of Dropbox. Apparently local USB devices work properly as well though I haven’t tried one yet.